header image

Sunday, December 11, 2005

winter bench

Sunday Post ~ If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! -- Chuang Tzu


Ecclesiastes 4:6
Psalm 46:10

file under: &Sunday Post

16 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Candy said...

SO lovely, so peaceful, so not yet tromped in by my dog.

She would find a way to get her head stuck in that bench, oh yes she would.

 
Blogger Random and Odd said...

Is it Sunday?
and what a lovely site to see for my Sunday morning...JESSICA RABBITS BOOBS!

 
Blogger Ern said...

Beautiful. I love Ecclesiastes. I have probably read that book more than any other.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I love Eastern philosophy. And I loooove that snow picture. Beautiful!

 
Blogger Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful picture.

 
Blogger Nina said...

I do so prefer the quiet way and like the Chuang Tzu quote. I also like this one: “We cling to our own point of view, as though everything depended on it. Yet our opinions have no permanence; like autumn and winter, they gradually pass away.” Chuang Tzu
Beautiful picture, I think I like snow more in pictures these days!
Happy Sunday Susie!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

That is a fantastic picture, Susie.

Lucidity? What's that? :)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

That is BYOOOO-TEE-FUL! Almost makes me wish I lived in snow country again. Then I realized I'd have to DRIVE in it and...well..fuck THAT.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Well said, Jim.

And stillness of the mind...I think that would be a good thing. Does anybody know how to get that to happen?

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Is no one going to decorate that tree? Or sit on the bench contemplating navel? What a waste...

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Charming picture! People are posting and emailing me tranquil snow scenes today. Contemplating them is almost soothing—“almost” because I have to drive east this evening into the mountains of Pennsylvania and I am praying that I do not encounter a snow storm on the way.

 
Blogger Susie said...

jessicarabbit, Hermione's welcome to get her head stuck in our bench any time. She is such a love.

kristine, yea, Jess is all about spreading the lovely :)

ern, thanks; I need to read that book more. The selected verses I know, I like, but I've never really read or studied it. Thanks for the inspiration :)

squirl, you could write The Tao of Squirl :)

Aw, thanks, sfg :)

Wow, nina, I like that one, too. We do cling. Happy Sunday to you, too.

ck, damitol, if I were a little more lucid, I could make up a witty answer to your question. I'm fairly cloudy today, though. I got nothin' :p

jim, thank you. You don't have any snow there? I just imagined that you do. Seattle, right? I'll come check on where you live. (I mean I'll visit your profile page, not that I'll stalk you at your home ;)

bucky, oh my. I'll bet yours rarely sits still, does it? Like Amy's "lords a leaping" in there, huh?

hoss, just for you, I'll sit on the bench and contemplate a navel orange. When the snow melts.

ssnick, I'll join you in that prayer. Safe travels.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I'm not sittin' on that bench unless somebody brushes the snow off first.

See? I'm dainty after all!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

But Bucky! Think of the butt print you could make in the snow! :)

 
Blogger Amy said...

I'll brush the snow off for you, my Bucky-girl. And I shall put a nice thick blanket for your poor cold arseless chaps bottom to sit on there.
And bring you a hot chocolate with Baileys.

Nice pic and quote, Susie. You get some hot toddy too. But you might not want to sit on the blanket if Buckys Bare Bum was on there. So I shall bring an extra.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Just don't bring the 11 leaping lords, OK Amy?

 


Post a Comment

<< Home