header image

Friday, December 02, 2005

Bloom Where You're Planted

legolas

Look who rang my bell this afternoon! I opened the door and there he was on my front porch. Until he arrived, I was at a loss for what crime to depict in today's SPF:CSI! And I'm still not quite sure . . . He does have a weapon . . . but who would be the victim, and who would be the perp? Is it, in fact, a crime for one of the human species and one of the cardboard standee species to . . . I mean, I'm just asking, you know, for a friend . . . Never mind. I don't have time for this. I have some, um, paperwork to take care of. Yea, paperwork, that's the ticket . . .

23 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Watch for papercuts. That's the best advice I can give you.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Hah. You crack me up.

 
Blogger eviluncledave said...

I don't think cardboardiality is a crime in most states. Also, what Bucky said.

 
Blogger Nina said...

I don't have any experience with it, mind you, but I think Bucky gave you some good advice.

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I don't think he's a threat. Look how skinny he is.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Who cares? He's too cute to turn down.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Just make sure he isn't recycled.

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

Legolas is hot. <--I kept repeating this over and over throughout the whole movie when I first saw LOR in the theater. I was with a male friend of mine from H.S. - at some point he finally told me to stop that. But man, Legolas is just so hot!

 
Blogger Susie said...

bucky, good advice; arrived a little too late to help me this time.

william, that's what Legolas said! (or was it tear me up? never mind.)

eud, Cardboardiality! I wish I'd said that. Or is it standeeism?

nina, like you've never done a life-size standee?

mrtl, not angry; INTENSE.

hoss, you have a point there. I outweigh him by about 1000%. He's OK with that, though, he never complained.

squirl, isn't he SOMETHING? He's really a Christmas gift for LG, if there's anything left of him by Christmas day! He's hidden now.

eclectic, eeeww. You had to ruin a tender moment, didn't you?

annejelynn, I could probably be his granny, but I have to agree. When I saw him in that movie, I said to Jif, "my gosh, that is one exquisitely beautiful human being." Even Jif agreed! Something about the long white hair and the chiseled features . . . the quiver of arrows . . . I don't know, but YES, HOT!!!!

 
Blogger Dang Cold.. said...

Dammit I'm growing my hair long again. Professional, office image be damned.

Happy weekend, Susie.

dc

 
Blogger Susie said...

You're the HOTTEST with hair of any length. Happy weekend to you, Sweet Dang.

drain cleaner (hehee Means nothing, I just wanted a "dc")

 
Blogger Unknown said...

There is only one weapon with which to commit this horrendous crime. Do you want to borrow my cigarette lighter?

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Okay, this is scary. I posted about "Orlando Bloom as Legolas" today. (Only, I kept his identity a secret.) So, um, this is not the first time this type of thing has happened with your blog, by the way.

Remember me? I'm the paranoid turkey.

Very paranoid right now.

(It's just too difficult to digest.)

 
Blogger Dawn said...

oh, hello there carboardy goodness.

my, my what a lovely surpise you encountered today.

have a goo weekend

 
Blogger Dawn said...

oops :( not a goo weekend, a GOOD weekend. i'll be ok, maybe?

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Goo and cardboard don't mix.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got nothin', I'm still drooling and incoherant.

 
Blogger eviluncledave said...

"He's really a Christmas gift for LG..."

I think that someone is in denial.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's a little young, isn't he? I'd rather Aragorn or Capt. Jack Sparrow myself. Or Hector as opposed to Paris for that matter.

 
Blogger Susie said...

ssnick, no way! Put your bic away!

karentheparanoidturkey, I knew you were a smart woman :)

dawn, sometimes goo is good, they're not mutually exclusive.

oh, good point, karen

lawbrat, ain't he cute?

eud, never try to shrink a shrink! Honest to Frodo, he's for my kid! When I'm done with him...

wordgirl, if you've got it, stand it up and pose it, I always say...

sub, actually, those in the know tell me that I'm a little young for Legolas, who, being an elf, is really quite ancient. Works for me!

 
Blogger eviluncledave said...

Shrink you? I'm sure you're the right size already. And I've certainly never bought anything I wished I could have but couldn't justify for one reason or another and given it as a gift to someone who would appreciate it as much as I would. Nope.

Well, hopefully LG won't appreciate it in quite the way you do for several years, but you know what I mean. Or, in this case, I'm sure you don't. Papercuts aside, and all.

And what I really meant by all that was:

:P


(All kidding aside, I have a very strong feeling that LG is going to have a total cow when she see it, lol)

 
Blogger Susie said...

eud, you're cracking me up. When you put it that way, actually, yea, SHRINK ME if you can! heeheee But seriously, my kid is a LOTR fanatic, and adores Legolas. Then she decided that she wants to be a collector of things that none of her friends collects, and she came up with the idea to collect life-size cardboard folk. (Hmmm, how did a child of mine get so odd?) So, he will start her collection. If we can keep him under wraps until Christmas morning ("wraps" is my nickname...did I write that outloud?) then yes, she will have a cow. I imagine that some cross-dressing will be in the boy's future, though. I expect I'll be posting pix of him in various ensembles of LG's design.

 
Blogger Denise B. said...

and, he's dressed as an elf, does that make a difference? mmmm...orlando bloom....no matter how he's packaged, he's beautiful.

Great seeing you over in Redheadland! pleace come back again!

 


Post a Comment

<< Home