header image

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

We'll Be Getting a Life Any Day Now

The TV is on, but no one has time to watch. I'm catching up on notes for work; Jif is researching something on the computer.

TV announcer guy: Log on to Apprentice TV to see what happens after Martha tells the candidates "You just don't fit in!"!

Jif: Now, that's some good television. We should watch that.

Susie: What's that?

Jif: Martha Stewart telling the Kennedys, "You just don't fit in!"

Susie: No, not the Kennedys, the candidates!

Jif: Oh. Never mind.

24 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger LadyBug said...

*snork!*

That is all.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least Martha writes a thank-you note to each candidate she can't fit in. She has a bit more class than Donald.

uuvhd = ultra ultra violet hard drive

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Tee-hee. I love when people get/hear things wrong. Not when I do it, mind you. But when other people look silly for mixing things up. :-)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Kinda takes all the fun out of it, doesn't it? ;)

 
Blogger eclectic said...

***sprays Chia with anti-fungal agent***

I {heart} Jif!


In a totally respectful manner.

 
Blogger Susie said...

ladybug, *snork!* stands alone; nothing else is needed when there's a *snork!*

sub, that is a nice touch, I think.

squirl, I do find it entertaining, too; sometimes I pretend I hear something wrong just to bug LG. My Dad used to do that, too ;)

bucky, well, yea; maybe I should write in the suggestion to Martha.

chchchchia, yours is coming, don't despair. And my title is very optimistic, there's not much chance of me getting a life anytime soon; I'm overbooked for about the next 8 months.

eclectic, that would be a new experience for Jif; he's not accustomed to being hearted in a totally respectful manner ;)

totexi

 
Blogger eclectic said...

You mean, you don't call him "Sir" when you put on the handcuffs? Wow. That IS disrepectful!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If anyone could take on the Kennedys, it would be Martha.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

If anybody could tell The Kennedys to get lost it would be Martha. Easy mistake to make.

 
Blogger Susie said...

eclectic, no, there are other terms of endearment used then ;)

chchchchia, of course there's hope; your life will sprout all fluffy and green!

kalki and kranki, I'm sure that was Jif's reasoning, why it made perfect sense to him! And he's right, that would be some entertaining TV. Maybe we should call the Donald and pitch the idea...

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

I think Martha would have a hard time. I mean the people of Mass. keep voting Ted in.

 
Blogger Nina said...

LOL ~ I have never watched the Apprentice . . . guess I don't know what I am missing. I will be watching if Martha Stewart is on with the Kennedys.
That happens in this house more often than not. John has a friend who is a writer. Last night I said “your girlfriend was in Boulder last week, we should have gone, we missed her book signing. John said “which one?” I said “which one, which girlfriend, how many do you have?” John said “ which one is “Mister Booker?” “No, honey, and we missed her book signing.” “I was teasing and calling her your girlfriend, and you asked which one?” John, said “maybe we should start over?” I said, “yeah maybe. We should.”

verification njiia~ which I screwed up and then got blgtnuyi

 
Blogger DCK said...

LOL I like that... How weird would it be of Martha to tell the Kennedys they don't fit it.

 
Blogger Ern said...

I was over at some friends' house last night to watch a TV show and have dinner. During the show, the three people that live there all had their laptops and were working/watching. I and another friend were visiting, and we looked at each other and said, "where are our computers?"

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I hate it when my tongue gets caught on my eye teeth and I can't see what I'm saying...

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

how cute! lol

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Ern - what? That's exactly what it looks like when I go over to Squirl and Ich's place. Not kidding here.

CKelli - bwahahahahaha!

(no, I really have nothing of my own to add...)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I have never tried watching TV and working on a computer at the same time. I have never had a TV on while working on a computer. I now realize that is strange: as a kid I always multitasked by doing my homework in front of the TV. I wonder what has happened to me?

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Oh, Bucky is so right. I'm sitting here blogging and watching a movie. You should've seen all three of us sitting there with our laptops. It is geeky heaven.

 
Blogger Susie said...

william, yea, Ted definitely seems to fit in in Mass. OR DOES HE? They keep sending him to Washington ...hmmmm.....

nina, that's funny; those things sometimes take on a life of their own. Who's on first?

twixie, that's what I'm saying; it would be more original than much of what's on TV!

ern, I didn't have "the innernets" until about 2 years ago. I still don't have a laptop, although I would LOVE to. You young whippersnappers are so much more techie than we.

CK, my mom used to say that!

annejelynn, same to you!

bucky, if you have nothing to contribute, then just go homie ;)

ssnick, your ass has gotten OLD. Just kidding. Actually, recent research is showing that our culture's beloved "multitasking" ain't all it's cracked up to be. When we do multiple tasks at once, we do them half-assed, and still usually take just as long as we would if we did them consecutively, plus we're more stressed in the process.

squirl, I am sure you all are the height of geek fashion, and I would love to witness that ;)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Next time I'm over at Squirl's, I'll set up the camera with the timer so you can see all three of us in our laptop blissed-out geek glory.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG...I haven't been reading your blog long, Sooz, and I have to tell you that I absolutely LOVE the name 'Jif' and can't get past it. I'm coming back HERE to party - you people are nuts.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

That is so funny. I just saw Kalki's comment above mine. That will teach me not to read those comments before I post one. I must have been channeling her vibe. Freaky!

 
Blogger Susie said...

bucky, so I'll be seeing those pix soon, right?

jim, yea, you and Jif have so much in common; only an mf of difference! If you get that, you will be just fine here, following my twisted logic. We do party here; often with cookies and wine.

kranki, it's that GREAT MINDS thing :)

 


Post a Comment

<< Home