header image

Sunday, November 06, 2005

wetland park

Sunday Post ~

Aim above morality.
Be not simply good;
be good for something. --Thoreau


James 1:22-27

file under: &Sunday Post

22 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Susie said...

my dear regular Sunday "congregation" ;): hello, I did not forget, just had some trouble. Camera battery trouble, blogger trouble, then trouble choosing what to post today. Thank you for checking in, and have a beautiful rest of today :)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Yay, we got our Sunday post after all!

Love the Thoreau, and that picture is completely gorgeous! I really liked it in the large size on Flickr.

Oh, and thanks for the hot lemonade tip. :)

 
Blogger Susie said...

Thanks, Bucky, that's right down the street from me. I have very few autumn pictures, and soon it will be too late! Just got that one on the way home from church a little while ago. I'm sorry you're feeling poorly. I hope you bounce back soon.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Yay, Sunday post. This spoiled brat is happy again. :-)

That is a beautiful picture. And I like the Thoreau, too. I wish more people would read, and heed, Thoreau.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

I have to sit on the "spoiled brat" bench with Squirl, and the two of us will giggle our way through the whole service. We're sorry, Rev. Susie -- it's just so much fun to be here we can't help it!!!

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, I was thinking of you when I had to leave this morning without putting anything up. "Squirl always comes here for church, and it's closed! OHNO!" You are so faithful, here, I think you should be an elder. Or a deacon. Take your pick ;)

momo, I can't tell you how much it makes me smile, and how good it makes me feel, to get three "YAYS" in a row! Y'all are just a bunch of blog church ladies!

eclectic, that's OK, I blove my giggly little congregation :)

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

very pretty scene

 
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW...what an absolutely stunning picture!

 
Blogger Nina said...

Oh my that picture is breathtaking.
Thoreau is the best, and like the others I was waiting thinking, where is "MY" Sunday post? Now all it right with my Sunday. :)

Must have been unconscious :) about the profile picture. I just called John a Pilgrim and he said quit acting like John Wayne . . .

 
Blogger Susie said...

thanks, annejelynn :)

happy Sunday to you too, mrtl, you have much more of it left now than I do :)

thanks so much, jim, it is a swamp right down the road, although it's not politically correct in these parts to call it a swamp, so the sign says, "Wetland Park" ;)

nina, I watched part of The Bird Cage on TV last night, and your comment reminds me of Nathan Lane trying to walk like John Wayne. It's OK to talk like him, just don't start walking like him ;)

 
Blogger Dawn said...

It's too pretty to be called a swamp. I think I would spend a lot of time there. Hope you had a great weekend.

 
Blogger Amy said...

Lovely pic and quote. Fall is so fleeting! Even as I watch the leaves turn all I can think of is how soon they will be on the ground.

 
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That is so pretty. I love your pictures.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely, Susie. Just lovely.

Today, I'm aiming for being good AND being good for something. :)

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Let's see, you gave me the pick between deacon and elder. I should probably be an elder since I'm older than almost everyone here. :-)

If you need me I'll be back giggling with Eclectic.

 
Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

So pretty. So restful. Ahhh. Like a big spa for my brain!

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

So...when you gonna, uh, Thoreau up a new post?

*hides quickly*

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Oh, come on, Susie...

Thoreau us a bone!

*hides again*

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Everything OK there at Walden?

 
Blogger Candy said...

Its still Sunday?

Well damn, Im going back to bed!

 
Blogger Susie said...

dawn, it really is nice, there are walking trails all around it, and leading to another pond.

amy, I know; and here, many fell to the ground without turning, it's been a strange fall.

sfg, thank you

you, too, CK, and you are always good for something around here ;)

squirl the elder, that's good, Jif and I are elders at our church, too.

chchchchia, you are welcome, and you make me sing (and stutter).

plum, you sobered up! Good for you; so nice to see you :)

bucky, would you stop before I Thoreau UP?

eclectic, clearly, I've fallen in the swamp and I can't get out!

JR, no, don't go back to bed, now that you're up, go to Sunday School!

TOO MUCH WORK, PEOPLE! SOMEDAY SOON, I'LL POST SOMETHING. PERHAPS SOMETHING POINTLESS . . .

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Waiting for the pointless post. And I wanted to say HI.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home