header image

Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!

arwen 1

Today, in the school Halloween parade, LG will debut her Arwen costume. Summer and Bucky are the winning guessers, and I guess they should get some sort of prize for their efforts. I'll have to think of something. Arwen is an Elven Princess from Lord of the Rings. LG is a LOTR fanatic. She's read all the books and seen all the DVDs, multiple times. She was warned that many of her classmates may not recognize her costume, but that matters not to her. Oh, and the necklace displayed in the prior post is Arwen's signature "Evenstar" necklace. The REAL one, honest.

Thanks to our friend, Easy Writer, for sewing the magnificent garment that you all will see MUCH more of, probably tonight.

19 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger WILLIAM said...

Happy Halloween!

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Look at those gorgeous green eyes (or should I say, that gorgeous green eye! :) ) I remember you saying once her eyes were green, in response to me and someone else saying we loved dark-eyed kids, but MAN! Those are some GREEN! EYES!

She will be a beautiful Arwen!

 
Blogger Amy said...

Incredible pic! I bet she is the loveliest Arwen ever.

 
Blogger Susie said...

To you and yours, too, william; hope to see a little costumed Maxfield later on :)

andrea, thank you. I looked back at the flickr pix, and her eyes look a different color in each one, some darker, some lighter shades of green. I guess they do change depending on lights, flash, etc. Of course, I think she'll be a beautiful Arwen, but it's my job to think that :)

thanks, amy. I admire her courage in choosing a costume that not many of her friends will recognize; I hope they are kind.

 
Blogger Nina said...

Oh how beautiful . . . my daughter was always that way. Didn't care what the other girls were dressed as, she just was what she wanted to be. I think it is super!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pics of LG when she was younger are PRECIOUS! And this photo is beautiful. What a fun, lovely daughter you've got there, Susie.

 
Blogger August95 said...

I hope you guys have fun out there tonight. LG looks georgeous.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Rock on, LG! You are postively radiant! And who knows? You may spur some other children to read LOTR by appearing as Arwen and sparking their curiosity.

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

LG has BOOTY FLIES!!! (No, seriously. Those eyes are GORGEOUS!)

And I love the....what do call that head-chain thingy? Well, whatever it is, it's very pretty.

She has nice eyebrows, too.

 
Blogger Effie said...

That's who I meant when I said Eowyn--(spelling--sorry)

What beautiful green eyes she has! She must look lovely in her costume--and the real necklace? I'm very impressed!

Happy Hallowe'en! (see Nilbo for a grammar lesson)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Wow, now that's a stunning shot. You will need to have Jif follow her with a shotgun and a mean look when she's a teenager, I think.

And woohooooooo! I win! I win!

Where's my Rice-a-Roni (the San Francisco Treat)?

I just love it that she's already read the books, and wants to be Arwen, and her classmates' ignorance be danged! I see there are a few geeks here who picked up on her Genuine Evenstar with one glance. Here's hoping the find an Aragorn that mom and dad adore as much as she does (um, in twenty years or so).

 
Blogger Judypatooote said...

Wow, she is beautiful....what eyes...that picture should be on the cover of a mag. .....she will be a stunning Arwen......I hope you will show us a picture of her in her costume.....

 
Blogger Squirl said...

LG has always looked mature for her age, at least in the pictures that you've shown. She is absolutely gorgeous in this shot. Beautiful costume, too.

How much Rice a Roni does Bucky get?

 
Blogger The Q said...

WOW! She has gorgeous eyes! I'm assuming the other one matches.

I can't wait to see more pics, thanks for sharing.

 
Blogger Susie said...

nina, thank you, I think it's wonderful, too, when they do their own thing, without worrying about what others think. I hope LG turns out as beautifully as Shawna Marie :)

kalki, thank you; I am very blessed to have her. Now you know why I got so mushy over pretty 8-year-old kalki :)

august, thank you, we're back from trick-or-treating, and it was fun, a happy day all around :)

eclectic, that is a very good point; some kids said to her, "I've always wanted to see that movie!" Hopefully someone will READ, too :)

ladybug, you've got it; we call it a head-chain thingy! Thank you :)

effie, I have consulted with the judges, and I am sorry to say, I cannot give you credit. You see, Eowyn IS an actual character from LOTR, another beautiful lady, so while you were in the right story, you named the wrong lady. And I must confess, it's not THE REAL, REAL necklace, but it's a real imitation.

bucky, Jif is the stronger influence on her literary choices. They read the books together a couple of times. I am embarrassed to say I haven't yet read them, but I did watch the movies, which made me want to read the books. We already plan to move to an uninhabited island when she is of dating age.

thank you, judy, I will go through my pix and put something up, probably tonight. I am pretty cautious with putting pictures of family on the internet -- especially of LG. The baby pix, I'm OK with, but now she's of an age where she's out in the world without me more and more often, and I just don't want her image preceding her out there. I'll find a way to show y'all how lovely she looked, though :)

mrtl, why thank you, ma'am, on behalf of LG.

squirl, she has an "old soul" which I think you can see in the eyes; but she also has big baby cheeks, cheeky monkey cheeks, which balance the "mature" out :) Rice-a-roni could put us back in the newspapers again, I'm going to try to think of some other major award.

soozieq you made me laugh; yes, she has two! I'll go get to work on some more pix, now :)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

A beautiful picture, truly worthy of an elf song!

Hope Halloween has been fun and frightening.

 
Blogger Susie said...

thank you, nick, hope you've had a good one, too :)

 
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

What a gorgeous green eyes! Really beautiful!

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

that's one purty eye there! wowzers- your husband is gunna be up late at night worrying once your lil' honey girl starts dating - but lets not think about that nightmare to come just now, eh?

 


Post a Comment

<< Home