header image

Friday, May 13, 2005

Biscuit Friday ~ Paper Shredder




In addition to makin' copies, Biscuit is an excellent paper shredder. He shreds napkins, paper towels, tissues and the like. Lucky for him that he's cute.



As seen on America's Most Wanted

He has no eyeholes at the moment. He is scheduled to get some new eyeholes next Tuesday at 4 p.m., at the Dog Wash.

And today is also

Stuff Portrait Friday

Kristine gave me some credit for the idea, but it was really hers. I just rambled on about what a fun idea it was until she put my name in her post about it.

Today's stuff:

The ugliest thing hanging on my walls:


We haven't lived in our house very long, so most of the things hanging in here are things we like. We are very slowly redoing one room at a time. We have not yet made it to the living room which is where you'll find these babies. Pink draperies, hanging against a wall that is "I'm-so-blue-I-don't-know-what-to-do Blue." The next time you see my living room, it won't look like this. (I don't know when that will be.)

My hair care products:

I do not feel up to assembling and art-directing a photo shoot of my many and seldom-used products (for reasons that will become clear when you meet my two best friends, below), but I did want to play this game today, so I have chosen my two most amusing products. Ladies and gentlemen, Meet the Flockers:


The authentic Flocker, and the BIG SEXY HAIR Root Pump, which proclaims on the back, "It's always BETTER when it's BIGGER!" (That's not me, that's the Root Pump talkin'.)

And then our last "stuff" category. My most prized material possession. This was a tough one. A piece of jewelry that Jif gave me? An objet d'art? Something handmade by LG? An heirloom from my family or Jif's? A Bible? An old photograph? All of these things I considered last night before I went to sleep. Then I woke up this morning with a monster headache, that is, at this very moment, threatening to become a migraine. And my perspective on what's important in life shifted instantly. My most prized possessions, and indeed, my new best friends:



Trust me, they're blurry in real life, too.

43 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Cindy said...

Awww....I'm so sorry you're not feeling better. I hope you feel better soon!!!!

I like the Stuff Portrait Friday theme - great ideas and photos, they made me laugh!

Hurray it's FRIDAY!!!!!

Sorry, I forgot, you have a headache. I'll whisper from now on.

 
Blogger Torrie said...

Wow. Those drapes. WOW.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kinda like the pink draperies. Kinda. Can I borrow some of your excedrin?

 
Blogger Joseph said...

I love Biscuit Fridays! He's so the Luck Dragon.

On other matters though, What were you thinking with those drapes sweetie?

Honey, what's this, what's going on here? (channel Karen Walker from Will and Grace)LOL!!! Other than that, lovin' the hair products and the prized treasures.

Hope your headache clears up PDQ!
XOXO

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hee! Big Sexy Hair! Wonderful! :)

Oh, baby, I'm with you on the Excedrin -- although I usually down mine with a Coke. :)

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Poor Biscuit with no eyeholes.

Ahh... the pink drapes on the blue wall. Hmm. Interesting.

I'd love to participate in Stuff Friday, but I'll have to do it next week -- I've got all sorts of pictures of our stuff.

 
Blogger Dang Cold.. said...

I saw the pink drapes and thought "let them eat cake" because they make me feel like Marie Antoinette of 18th century France. All snooty and stuff as I powder my nose and adjust my wig.

Feel better Susie.

dc - drawn carriage

 
Blogger August95 said...

I like the new theme very much. Just think, when you take those curtains down, you can open a prom dress business.

Also, that is one cute pupper you have.

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Ginger ale rocks. Unfortunately it's on my "verboten" list now. Have you ever had Vernor's Ginger Ale? It's only available in certain places. Most people either love it or hate it, because it's different (I LOVE IT).

 
Blogger Random and Odd said...

OH DEAR GOD! between my border, Kimmy's wall hanging & Amy's candles and THOSE NASTY ASS 70's CURTAINS we have a "House O' Ugly!"

Hope you're feeling better!!

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

Oooh, poor Susie. Here's hoping your headache is already much better.

I've been too tired (as you know) to comment much lately, but I'm still reading, still lurking, still enjoying your posts.

Hugs,
LadyBug

 
Blogger Susie said...

It's bad. You know I'm a hopeless blog addict when I'm on here talking to you people with a headache like this.

cindy Thank you, love. I think Kristine just "announced" this yesterday. We'll have more notice for the next one, so get READY to show your stuff!

ladybug, hugging you back, sweetie. I almost posted a pic of my ladybug ring, until drugs and carbonated beverages became my treasures.

andrea, I'm trying to go "no sugar," too, but with migraines come tummy trouble, and I had to do the ginger ale. I haven't seen Vernor's, but if I do, I'll try it.

Kristine, this is all fun:) You'll probably be deluged with suggestions for objects/ideas for future SPFs!

torrie, they're bad. They aren't the worst thing in the house, though. That would have been the lavender wallpaper that looked like cinder blocks with vines growing on it -- in the kitchen. We got rid of that.

lawbrat, help yourself. I'll send you the drapes, too, if you want them. The lady who lived here before was all about the pink. If you're about pink, they would be fine. They were custom made. I'm just not about the pink, in home decor. Different strokes.

greenie, I'm going to forgive your dissing my window treatments because you channeled by favorite drunken slut. I didn't choose them! They came with the house and I just haven't yanked them down yet. I do things slllloooowwwwllllyyyy, but very well. Ask anybody. (Well, not ANYbody...)

CK, that would totally be Coke if I had any. I think the SPF is fun, too, and everyone can play.

dang cold, I will always vote in favor of letting my people eat cake.
dreadful curtains
drapery challenged

august95, Ellen D. had her old prom picture on her show this week; we should have a blog-wide post your prom pix day. Plum did it a while back. You're right, I have prom dresses hanging in my living room windows. If you didn't show your stuff today, watch Kristine to know what to post next time:)

 
Blogger Kranki said...

I get migraines too. Excedrin + Ginger Ale = Nectar Of The Gods!

I hope you feel better soon.

Eye-holeless Doggie is sho shilky too.

 
Blogger kimmyk said...

Um the curtains remind me of an ice cream sundae. They're not bad...yanno I put my curtains up too-what's up with the curtain manufacturers these days? All of 'em must be color blind.

Hope your headache goes away.
If ya ever come across Vernor's Ginger Ale like Andrea said-it totally rocks. I love it!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the drapes, as long as they are not where I see them for more than a couple hours. Wouldn't want to wake up to rose color every morning.
Ginger Ale is the best, and Vernor's is near the top of the list. When we lived in Tennesse (married student housing) I was able to get Ale 8 on tap at a certain gas station. Now that is yummy drinking. I also miss the sweet-tea which could be ordered in any eatery and any server in the South knew what I meant.

 
Blogger Echrai said...

My Mitzi is a paper-shredder too. and does she ever have that same adorable black glare. (It makes me think of Paddington Bear every single time)

 
Blogger c said...

Ooo, those drapes. Icky.

And, for the record, bigger IS better.

 
Blogger mary bishop said...

The excedrin wins with me as I'm fighting a headache too - could it be the weather or looking at the picture of those drapes?

Biscuit looks like he is immaculate - how do you keep him so clean? Does Biscuit also indulge in the big sexy hair root pump? Perhaps that's why he looks so fluffy!

 
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Ok..I hope you feel better! That totally sucks! Can I just say that those drapes are PINK as a motherfucker!
That doggie is CUTE as a BUTTON!!!!

 
Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

You said dog wash, and I had this vision of a little doggie car wash. Like the kind you used to ride through in the car when you were a kid. Lots of twirly towels and brushes...dogs would love that.

What a good Biscut he is.

 
Blogger Joseph said...

oh great Spurious P., now I have a modified version of that song...

At the dog wash
whoa, whoa whoa
workin' at the dog wash

With visions of skantily clad kitties squeeging windows and bubbles blowing around....

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Tee he he-oh my gosh you crack me up. Your dog is too cute for words. My dogs need some eye holes too pretty soon-but as long as they can can still smell where their food is-we're all good.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Biscuit is a Very Good Dog.

I hope your headache is better already. Headaches suck. I use caffeine when I get them. I'm not a big coffee drinker so I get more of a boost from it. Get well!

 
Blogger Nic said...

Ooof, is that your signature color andis it Blush or Bashful. Or did the Easter Bunny explode in your casa? Maybe had too much Pepto and then with all the hopping around...hey, I'm just sayin'. You never know! Watch out for exploding bunnies. :)

Sorry I'm so late chiming in. We have a neighborhood garage sale next weekend and I've been at the storage unit and in the garage. It's hot as HECK and humid to boot outside. It finally is starting to feel like Texas - and that's NOT a good thing. Trust me!

 
Blogger Nic said...

Oh, and bless you sunshine for making the foray into cyberspace with that nasty headache. Been there, done that and it ain't fun. I feel your pain.

 
Blogger Susie said...

Hey, kranki, you're in my heart, hope you're having a good day:)

kimmyk, it's funny, there's some real estate law that requires sellers to leave "window treatments," but they're so personal, like art, no one necessarily likes anyone else's. Still, they're something to hang there until we get time and money to do something else.

mrsDoF, I have apparently led a sheltered ginger ale life; haven't had that one either. I grew up on sweettea; had to kick that habit, but I do indulge when I travel in the south.

echrai, I can see the Paddington:)

misfit, I like how you take a stand on things; you always speak with such authority;)

MB, he does look clean in the photos, trust me, he's a dirty dog. Getting to the Dog Wash not a moment too soon. I may try the BIG SEXY HAIR on him . . . I don't use it, someone ought to! If I catch a migraine before it goes too far, Excedrin helps. Actually, today, it helped. Hurray!

pissyb, thank you for the sympathy, and for clarifying for us all just how pink the drapes are;)

Plum, the Dog Wash is very cool, because they will wash the dog for you, or you can use their tubs, hoses, etc., and do-it-yourself. If they do it, the dog gets a dapper scarf, though.

greenie, HEY, get your dog washed today.. . bow wow wow
Sit up and you don't have to pay...

losc, welcome. Biscuit is better behaved when he can see; he gets anxious and barky when his eyeholes go away. I think I would, too...

squirl, no he is not. He is bad. You know the secret ingredient in Excedrin, and why it's preferred for migraines, is CAFFEINE. I do feel better, thank you:)

nic, my goodness, I need to have a yard sale, too. I've never done it, but I think I will within the next few weeks.

 
Blogger c said...

Seriously? A real-estate law that states you have to leave your window treatments? I think that I would take them down and hide them before anyone saw my house, because you're right, they're very personal. That just doesn't seem right at all.

And the reason I take a stand and speak with such authority is because I'm always right.

;-)

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

"Root Pump." Bwaha ha. Heh. Chortle. Laugh. Thigh-slap, etc.

 
Blogger dashababy said...

Scarlet O'Hara woulda been stylin with those drapes, maybe you could make LG a prom dress outta them.
And what a coinkydink, I have a really bad headache too. I took a Relpax this morning and then made an appt with the dr. Its been goin on too long. They might have to remove my head to alleviate the pain tho.
MrsDoF, I thought I was the only one that preferred Vernors. I havent heard of the other one you mentioned.
Glad you are feeling better Susie.
Maybe you should wear sunglasses when passing by those drapes. :D

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ale 8 is a little place in eastern Kentucky. It distributes as far west as Lexington, south to Johnson City, TN (where DOF and I met in college), east to Maybe? Bristol, VA.
Ahh, thank goodness for GOOGLE

http://www.ale-8-one.com/index.html

Golly, I'm getting thirsty.....

 
Blogger Nic said...

Hey Susie Sunshine. Let me know what you thought of Brawnyman. Did he make your day with all the wonderful compliments!? I think my favorite is the haircut one.

 
Blogger Joseph said...

Uh, the brawny man has more than compliments you all. Come by my coments section to see what I mean.

Sorry to post like this Susie, but when you see what I'm talking about you'll understand.

 
Blogger Susie said...

misfit, yes, exactly, so a lot of times here when people put their houses on the market, they take down their good stuff and put up Wal-Mart sheers or whatever, because they have to leave something.
I certainly have never known you to be wrong about anything:)

hoss, you and I may be the only ones that find that funny!

dashababymama, I'm sorry. I hope they don't prescribe a decapitation. It's probably all that fancy shampoo you use. I hear that Costco brand never gives people a headache;) I get migraines very rarely, thank God, so I don't have an Rx for them. But when I do get a full-blown one, I can be out of commission for days. Today didn't go all the way there, thankfully.
Scarlet wishes she had my drapes!

mrsDoF, I'm hoping to be there in Oct., so I'll make sure to look for the good stuff:)

nic, I liked how he listened to me, with the umhmm, ummhmm, like he was my therapist! I totally stole the boy and pimped him out, nic! To greenie and couple others.

greenie, I hope you customized a scenario for yo'self. That's when it gets really HOT. (But for the love of pet Friday, let's keep the puppies out of it! I'm open-minded, but I ain't going there.)

 
Blogger Nic said...

LOL, Susie. Yes, he is just like a therapist. All kinds of therapists. A psycotherapist, a massage therapist a, ummm, "physical" therapist. He is so attentive and I just love how he is always welcoming and so happy to see me! It's like a dream. Oh, wait. Dreams aren't real so ergo that means that he's not real, especially b/c he listens to me. Damn!!

 
Blogger Nic said...

mrtl - the brawnyman is on my blog for my weekly FFT - Friday Field Trip. You can find the link there.

 
Blogger Susie said...

mrtl, I was just emailing yo' ass while you were commenting! Like nic says, you might wanna meet him, you being sans a man this week and all . . .
pick him up at nic's place;)

 
Blogger Amy said...

Those drapes! Looks like Kathryn Chancellors house.

Hope your headache is gonzo, and great idea with the 'stuff portrait day'!

 
Blogger Dang Cold.. said...

My daddy left home when I was three
And he didn't leave much to ma and me
Just this old guitar and an empty bottle of booze.
Now, I don't blame him cause he run and hid
But the meanest thing that he ever did
Was before he left, he went and named me "Sue."

Well, he must o' thought that is quite a joke
And it got a lot of laughs from a' lots of folk,
It seems I had to fight my whole life through.
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."


For Susie on a Saturday. Hope your headaches gone. Or will my singin' and stompin' cowboy boots bring it bac?!?!. Ick

dc - doin' cash

 
Blogger Nic said...

LOL Dang. Thank goodness Susie really is a girl named Susie instead of a boy named Sue.

Susie, you feeling better sunshine?

 
Blogger Dang Cold.. said...

As I sit and wait for yet another tender Sunday Post from Susie on this foggy Saturday eve..

AHEM!!

"Where Where
Are you tonight
You went and left me
Here all alone
I searched the world over
And thought I found true love
But ya met another
And pffft you were gone"

dc - distant cousin

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Maybe if you're lucky Biscuit will practise his shredding routine on the curtains. Well, hope you're feeling better and thanx for visiting me.

 
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You are a hoot.

PS - those drapes must come down immediately.

 
Blogger Merujo said...

Your drapes have inspired me. I've been thinking about writing a blog entry about the most questionable home furnishing-type thing I own (an Uzbek carpet with my face woven into it), and, now, I must. (Actually, I've been thinking of setting up a domain for it and selling it - party to pay my rent and partly for a veterans' charity. I was thinking: BuyMyUglyCarpet.com...)

Inspiration through homely housewares - it's a beautiful thing.

 
Blogger Jomama said...

Hey Susie. You're lucky that the sellers left window treatments for you. When we bought our house, they only left us with shades in the windows that face the street. The windows on the side and back of the house are completely exposed. They didn't even leave something to hang cutains from-- they took everything. It's a good thing no one's behind our house because we have yet to do anything about it.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home