header image

Friday, May 20, 2005

Biscuit Friday ~ Now with Eyeholes


Before
"Are you lookin' at me?"


After
"I am SO not lookin' at you."


Stuff Portrait Friday

My Medicine Cabinet
This is probably un-American, and I'd never thought about it before, but I don't have a medicine cabinet. One bathroom has a mirror that covers the whole wall. Others have mirrors that hang on the wall, don't open up. So we have a medicine basket in the pantry. Here it is. Hmmm. This is the medicine for three humans and one dog. This picture makes me feel thankful. We're pretty healthy.


Medicine basket

My Relaxing Place

Comfy cozy

This is "my" chair. It is welcoming and I love the fabric. It is in a corner of the family room, next to a window. It doesn't face the TV. It faces all the other seats in the room, and the kitchen. I read here. Oh, it has an ottoman, too. One time when I felt like I was "losing it," and wondered aloud to Jif what would happen if I had to go into the loony bin, he said he'd never let them take me away. He said even if I had to be in a strait jacket, he'd put me in my chair with a stack of good books, when he had to go to work. I told him if I were in a strait jacket, I wouldn't be able to turn the pages of the good books. He said he'd hire me a page turner. I love him for that. I felt a lot better, knowing we had a workable plan ;)

Souvenir from a Great Trip
When I thought about this part of today's assignment, I realized that I'm not a big souvenir person. The occasional rock or T-shirt, maybe, but mostly my souvenirs are photographs. Then I thought about the most recent "trip" that I took. Last night I took a little trip down the road to meet up with mrtl. This was my first time ever meeting someone from the internet, and if that ain't a trip, I don't know what is. We had a lovely time, and I brought home this souvenir:


Souvenir: Peanut Butter Pie

Look, mrtl, I still have mine. (mrtl already ate her souvenir.) I shall enjoy my souvenir with lunch, I think. And I really am unable to say, think, or write the word "souvenir" without hearing a little John Prine:

Memories, they can't be boughten
They can't be won at carnivals for free
Well, it took me years
To get those souvenirs
And I don't know how
They slipped away from me.

Oh, speaking of a "trip," I also travelled to the Cotillion yesterday, where I won FIRST PRIZE in the "Name that Bucky" contest. Bucky will turn forty here in a minute or two, and you can't turn 40 without having a middle name. So she held a contest to determine what her middle name will be, and I offered the winning suggestion! I won a photograph of Bucky (autographed, I hope), in her, um, chaps, and some Rice-A-Roni. Go read all about it.

35 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger c said...

Darn it all, I NEVER win.

*pout*

Biscuit looks cute with eyeholes. A little sad, perhaps, but cute.

Mmmmmmm, pie.

 
Blogger Dang Cold.. said...

Happy Friday Susie. First pic of Biscuit where you can actually see eyes as opposed to that curtain of doggy hair. Make it a great weekend.

Much love

dc - distracted child

 
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Awwww, look at the pupper's face. I love it. :)

 
Blogger cakeboom said...

i love that chair! it looks like a slice of heaven with a matching pillow.
tea, book, socks, and your chair. and a babysitter. that's what i want.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice place you have here. That chair looks so comfy.

 
Blogger Cindy said...

Comfy cozy looks right about my size...not too big, not too small - just right. I'm glad you have your comfy cozy place - and so little meds in your 'medicine basket' and the slice of pie looks like a slice of heaven!

If you share your comfy cozy chair (I like the alliteration)I'll share my relaxing place!

PS: Biscuit has booty flies too!

 
Blogger Susie said...

misfit, I done tol' ya, you won the Best Souvenir pic prize!
Mmmmmmm, pie.

dc, I hope Lord and Lady Cold have a warm weekend. Don'tchoo be distracted :(

distraction cessation

southern fried girl, that face is what allows him to be such a VBD, yet still get fed here

mamaramma, the Benefiber is LG's. The Citrucel in mine. Both rarely get used, thankfully. I shall keep your cautionary tale (tail) in mind ;) I find that animals and children are more well-behaved when they have eyeholes.

colleen, if you need to get away, just bring your book and your socks and sit in my chair. I'll even provide the tea :)

mrs DoF, it is, indeed :)

cindy, girl, you would SO have a deal with that trading places thing. Coveting, I tell you . . .

 
Blogger Susie said...

BTW, for about the last hour, I can't see ANY pictures ANYWHERE in blogworld. Isn't that a dammit? I had planned to catch up on my commenting today, but I can't see any STUFF! I'll try a bit later.

 
Blogger Random and Odd said...

You got to meet a fellow blogger?

Awwwww, next time stop by here and we'll go together.

Shit...California is too far.

Loved your chair and your hired page turner...can't you just act crazy to get him to do that?

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your comfy chair is much more pretty than the one I sit in. Lately there have been threats that mine is going to the curb on trash collection day. The picture on my site doesn't do it justice about how awful it really is.
But it's my seat and I like sitting in it. Choosing a new one involves much traipsing around furniture stores and is beyond the budget these days.

 
Blogger Nic said...

Hey there Susie sunshine! I like the relaxing place pic. Looks cozy, comfy and completely wonderful!

Bless you for having the wit to come up with such an appropriate name for Bucky.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that Unknown should be me--MrsDoF! Really, I typed in my name, if I have something to say, I own up to it.

 
Blogger Torrie said...

I must admit I am green with envy.
First you get to meet MRTL, then you win the Bucky contest.

No one lives near me. :(

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Biscuit looks totally disinterested in getting his picture taken. In fact, I think he may be plotting his revenge.

Congrats on your win at the Cotillion. I've demanded a consolation prize.

 
Blogger Dawn said...

i've been having trouble too seeing pics on peoples blogs-who knows!

 
Blogger c said...

Susie, you DID done tol' me! But I posted the first comment here before you came to my site to declare me the winner.

I must, however, pass my award on to Colleen, who truly DOES have a souvenir child! From her honeymoon! How cool is that?

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

Wow, you met Mrtl!
Note to Kristine:
I'm in California too, so we should meet up and do a road trip up to visit Greenie! Everyone will be so jealous!

I'm so jealous about the Bucky contest!!!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I want that pie.

 
Blogger mary bishop said...

The dog is adorable with the new "do" and the pie looks yummy and yes, you must be healthy you have almost nothing in your medicine basket! The chair calls me...lucky gal!

 
Blogger Ern said...

Biscuit needing eyeholes reminds me so much of our little Shiloh! Is it funny to watch him chase a ball when the hair is grown over? Shiloh waits for it to bounce and then runs toward it. :)

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Biscuit looks so sweet with or without eyes. I won't make the mistake of calling him a good dog again, though. Susie gently reminded me he is, indeed, a very bad dog.

I get to meet a fellow blogger tonight. Bucky's coming over, yay! I will post the recipe for the rum cake, that Bucky loves so much, on my blog soon.

 
Blogger Echrai said...

I love your dog. I love my dog more, but I love yours. I just want to kiss his nose and cuddle him.

 
Blogger Katie said...

I also don't have a medicine cabinet, but all the bottles, pills, vitamins, thermometers, suppositories, etc. go in the linen closet right next to the towels. The kid can't reach them up there, which made him really mad the other day because his Scooby Doo bandaids were up there.

Your chair looks really comfy. And you are the luckiest girl alive to have a hubby who would hire you a page-turner.

I like the look of utter look of disgust on your dog's face. He totally does not like his new improved eye holes.

Congrats on coming up with the name for Bucky!

 
Blogger Susie said...

mrtl, now, now, no need to get harumphy just because I still have some pie! And how can you tell from a photo that mine was bigger?!

kristine, it would be tempting to play the crazy card, but the whole strait jacket thing would not be a good look for me, I'm thinking . . .

mrd DoF, your comfy chair looks like a classic. Furniture shopping is usually a very frustrating endeavor, I think. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

nic, it is comfy. You would bless me for anydangthing I did, wouldn't you? I need to come and check out your Field Trip today:)

torrie, but I'm sure someone will come up that way to visit! You make me think maybe I should buy a lottery ticket or bet on the Preakness or something . . .

what a life, if you have a good enough imagination, you are welcome to a bite of my pie. I'll have to watch your place for pix of Dudley.

ladybug, Biscuit is so over having his picture taken. Note, I did give you props when I made my guess. I don't want no trouble with you.

losc, I logged off from everything and came back on, then I was OK. I don't know . . .

misfit, that is delightful, the honeymoon souvenir thing.

sierrabella, I'm still awaiting my fabulous prizes ;)

LB, I would so share with you if I could.

MB, true, this "stuff" thing does make me count my blessings, always a good thing to do.

ern, Biscuit relies much more heavily on his nose for finding toys when he has no eyeholes. He is better behaved when he can see, not so startled and barky at every little sound.

squirl, you'd better take precautions, meeting up with someone from blogworld; especially that Bucky chick; she has quite a rep, you know!

echrai, Biscuit would welcome your advances ;)

katiebbaw, thank you, I am very lucky in many ways, I know. I think Biscuit has had enough of getting his picture taken every Thursday night! Can't say I blame him.

 
Blogger Lioness said...

Peanut butter pie, she said. My brain stopped working upon reading that. PEANUT BUTTER PIE. [Psst! Tentative European question: do you really, really eat that?]Will turn to chair for mental comfort.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to abscond with your puppy dog, your comfy chair and your pie! I covet your pie!

 
Blogger Kim said...

LOL! Gotta love a man who'll hire you a page turner because you are in a straight jacket and can't turn the pages yourself. :-)

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

"...knowing we had a workable plan." Ah, how comforting. And how funny. (Not to you, to me.)

(When you gonna send my dog Muffin home?)

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Susie, I don't know if I've said it before, but I SO admire how you are faithful in replying to each commenter, even with ALL the comments you get! I try to at least visit the blog of each person who comments to me, and drop comments there for them, but wow. You rock, Susie :)

 
Blogger Susie said...

lioness, OHMYGOODNESS, YES, Americans will eat them some peanut butter pie! Are you saying that tentative Europeans would NOT? Don't you see all these people on here coveting my pie?! Heeeheee. I will say, this particular pie, from this particular restaurant, is something to have, say, once or twice a year, and to split with someone else, it's that decadent, but, oh, my yes, we would really, really EAT THAT!
Take a moment to pull yourself together, I know how shocking this must be ;)

amanda b, you pie-coveter, I was just speaking of you, sort of! I would share any of my "stuff" with you, were it possible :)

indigo, yes, I do gotta love him :) Hope it never happens, but if it does, we have a plan!

hoss, it's funny to me, too. Laughter is natural Prozac, Xanax, whatnot. Now, about this "Muffin," Jif says to make us an offer. Muffin/Biscuit could be getting off a plane there within days!

andrea, that is kind of you. Sometimes I spend too much time on here, still trying to work that out decently, but one of my favorite things to do is to talk back to the delightful people who visit me :)

 
Blogger Lioness said...

Ok, next you'll be telling me you really eat peanut butter and jam sandwiches, that it's not just an international ruse. Oh, and that YOU PEOPLE actually eat dinner at 5/6 pm!

Eh, you almost had me there...

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still dont see how bisquit is a VBD. He's so cute. He just gets tired of getting his picture taken. :-)

I had a VBD once. We adopted her- Megan and her brother, Zeuse when they were 4 weeks old. Their mom was hit by a car and killed. We feed them with eye droppers, they were so tiny. They would walk UNDER the couch, and there was only about 4 inches of clearance. They were shepard/lab mixes. Zeuse was all black, Megan had white on her nose to forehead, and a white tip on her tale, the rest of her was black.
(we had a rottweiller once, and the breeder said NOT to get the parvo shot b/c rotts were prone to getting the virus from the shot. We didnt. She got parvo and died around 16 weeks. We had her in the doggie hostpital for 3 weeks on IV for fluids to try to save her.)
Upon their first visit to the vet, we got shots, weight, ect. All was well. At about a year or so...my memory is not so great. They needed a booter of parvo. Maybe of other things too. Zeuse got parvo from the shot. The vet said its not worth the expense to have her in the hospital on IV, and he would be more comfortable at home. Keep the dogs separated, and make Zeuse drink alot of fluids. After about a week, she was gone. Megan went crazy. Her brother was gone, she lost her mom early. She would tear everything up. She dug a trench in the back yard, from the house to the back fence, and it was not a small distance. Many other things. She just changed. We tried finding a good home for her, because I just couldnt deal. I was in tears every day. People came over to get her. We gave them everything...bowls, food, lease, ect. No charge. They brought her back! We tried several things to help her, took her to the vet to try to find out what was wrong with her. It was just psychological. Poor thing.

I'm sorry I used up so much of your space here.

 
Blogger Susie said...

lioness, I SWEAR it's true about the peanut butter and JELLY; we affectionately refer to it as PB&J. Seniors in Florida actually dine on what are called, "early bird specials" before 4 p.m.!! You have led such a sheltered life!

Can I get a witness, here! Somebody educate this woman on how to eat properly!

lawbrat, you didn't take up too much space, in fact, you stopped before the good part, where you KILLED THE DOG!
(I'm like a VBD with a bone ;)

 
Blogger Jen Spedowfski-Martin said...

Biscuit looks pissed. Methinks he much prefered being incognito...is he looking at you or staring at his hair...can he see you or does he just not care. Very cat-ish, yet I think he found value in it. I bet he feels naked.
Anyway...that peanut butter pie looked YUM. Now, I'm going to take my self-obsessed butt over to my blog and take the three things quiz because I just *love* talking about myself...kidding...sort of.

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Aw, Biscuit looks so very cute with his new eyeholes. Must be nice to have a dog that behaves now. What is his breed? How old is he? Have a good weekend.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home