header image

Friday, May 27, 2005

Biscuit Friday ~ Lord of the Ring


This ring is Biscuit's favorite toy. He follows us around with it in his mouth. He throws it on us at inopportune times. He INSISTS that we throw it for him so he can fetch it. Again. And again. World without end, Amen.


Family game night. LIFE is the name of the game. Put your game pieces on the board.
"NO, BISCUIT!!"


Stuff Portrait Friday

Religious symbols. I got me a few of these, here and there, mostly because some days I need reminders to keep from "losing my religion."

To my left, as I blog:


And to my right:


And behind me on the mantel:


And in the kitchen:


You get the idea. I need a lot of reminders.

My fridge.

Outside.



Inside. Top shelf. What, like you keep your rubber figurines in the crisper?
What, like your rubber figurines climb on expensive bottles of wine?

Don't judge me until you've walked a mile in my . . .


. . . assorted summer shoes. And purses.

I cheated a bit here. The blessed and embarrassing truth is, I have way too many. And they're in boxes and on shelves that aren't very easy to photograph. I mean, you'd see a photo of boxes and shelves, not shoes and purses. So I picked a few of my summer favorites. The pink faux reptile in front is the purse I'm currently carrying most of the time.

Happy pets and happy stuff to everyone!

35 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Is Gumby givin' the timeout to Pokey there? "Pokey, don't hump the Pinot while Susie's got the camera!"

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is too funny-even Biscuit. I can always count on your blog for a good laugh. I saw a 6 pack once of Gumby and Pokey and Pals while shopping and thought of you. Happy long weekend!

 
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I just love your pup. What a cutie.

And the pink purse would so get stolen if you lived near me.

 
Blogger August95 said...

I heart Biscuit. He is such a sweetie Pie. I bet you are rocking with that pink purse. My step mom has one like that and I am waiting until she is not looking to steal her purse.... wait... that is just wrong.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot it was Friday. I was like..Susie has this up way early, theres at least 2 more days. I need to get some pictures taken before I move on to my reading....
I love the pink purse too. And the rubber figurines in the fridge.

 
Blogger Christine said...

Susie, I love your blog, can I just tell you. I think it is so cool that you are a woman of God and a therapist. Thanks for such great writing and such an interesting blog.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Susie, thanks for being such a cool, diverse person. I love people who can't be pigeonholed.

And please give Biscuit a hug from the Internet as a Hole, I mean Whole. (I did spend all last weekend with Bucky)

 
Blogger Susie said...

bucky, Gumby is saying, "Be careful up there, POKEY!" The word "hump" is not spoken in my fridge, thank you very much.

dawn, a whole SIX-pack? Thank you, and you have a good one, too.

SFG, you wouldn't really steal my faux reptile bag! I would give you the dog. Very bad.

august95, what is UP with all the purse-thieving?! I am SO happy to "see" you out and about :)

lawbrat, we all have those days . . . we don't know which days they are . . .but we have them ;)

christine, welcome! And thank you for that. I don't know that I deserve that description. I surely do believe, but sometimes I don't "reppazint" as well as I might . . . but the good thing is, I keep getting another chance :)

squirl, believe me, Biscuit would be much more interested in the Hole than the Whole. Thank you for that comment. I'm with you on the no cookie-cutter people; we are complex and multi-faceted, and it needs to be OK for us to show that. I get bored easily with things and people that can fit in a small box. (Well, SOME things that could fit in a small box would be OK with me.) Please don't tell Bucky I'm talking about things that can fit in a small box . . . (You have to be so careful what you SAY around that one!)

 
Blogger Joseph said...

Good Dog Biscuit! He's like Harlow with the toy thing. If you ignore the first toy, she'll promptly acquire another, because she just assumes you're tired of the first one. No problem, I'll get another and another until there is a pile next to and on you.

No Stuff SPD here. First, because there are no religious icons or items whatsoever...oh wait, there is the buddha. Damn! Okay, well I just didn't do it okay. And there are no purses in my house. (Nicho, quick, close the closet door.)

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

Would Pokey share some Pinot Grigio with me? I know it's early, but, it is Friday, and I have been a good Samaritan today, and, you know, I'm just thirsty!

 
Blogger Kim said...

Too cute about Biscuit!

I just did a blog about purses! Jersey Gal did one too. Friday must be Purse Day!

P.S. Thanks for the recommending Hells Bells, I never laughed so hard in my life!

 
Blogger Nicolette said...

Frisee sessions with my 11-year-old Sheltie (Happy Birthday Mr Riley) always end with the human quitting first.

 
Blogger Echrai said...

Love da Biscuit, even if he is a VBD.

 
Blogger Random and Odd said...

OMG! I SNORT LAUGHED when I saw the Gumby! I NEVER do that!!! LOL.

and you have shoes in boxes and organized all like that? AND MY GOODNESS you have some cool shit.

I wanna come play at your house!

Playdate? I'll bring more wine just in case pookey doesn't want to hand it over!!

 
Blogger Kranki said...

BISCUIT! The softest and silkiest dog EVER!

 
Blogger Susie said...

greenie, Biscuit does that too, sometimes if I'm reading or blogging or otherwise oblivious, I'll look down and find a pile of toys next to me. He is relentless like that. It's OK you have no stuff today; it's not like it's mandatory like a chorus concert or something ;)

coffeehouser, welcome. POKEY will absolutely share, especially with a good Samaritan.

indigo, I'll have to come see what you say about purses; I love them. And yes, Toren is a bona fide HOOT, isn't she?

nicolette, birthday wishes again, to Riley :)

echrai, I don't really like him much.

kristine, not all that organized. You can come and play, and POKEY is always happy to share everyTHING, all the time.

kranki, you know what?! Maybe your hair will grow in just like Biscuit's! It's nice, really ;)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Biscuit has that, "guilty before he's even done anything" look. Just like AnnaBelle.

 
Blogger Closet Metro said...

Aww, Biscuit, it's ok. Don't look so sad. :(

 
Blogger eclectic said...

I'm sooooo showing this to my daughter! She's convinced I'm the only adult still adicted to Gumby. I had him on my desk at all of my exams in school, and when I took professional entrance exams as well. I love Gumby -- he now sits on my dresser, where my children constantly try to steal him. Maybe if I put him on wine in the fridge....!

 
Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

Your admission that ou use boxes has inspired me, now if only I could find the boxes that correspond with my heaping pile of mismatched flip flops....

P.S That is one cleeeeean refrigerator.

 
Blogger Brandon said...

mmm, i love religious art. my wife's mother in law paints orthodox icons on stones and wood. i really need to post some photos. they're quite gorgeous...

 
Blogger cakeboom said...

Pokey's poking the Pinot? I love it!!

 
Blogger Maven said...

I've got a shoe addiction as well. Perhaps you and I could do a mutual posting on our blogs devoted to the least practical shoes and handbags we have purchased, photos included.:) It is to the point where Mr. Nugget won't allow any new shoes in the house unless I get rid of some (I think I'm up to 30 pairs). If I find something in my size and stylish (which is difficult to do when one has a size 11 hoove) I have to smuggle them in the house and then act as if they have just been hiding in the back of the cubby the entire time.

 
Blogger Joseph said...

Pokey, a perveyor of pork products and now pinot...coming to a store near you.

 
Blogger Susie said...

amanda b., he is always guilty of something. This evening, it is of dumping and spreading the kitchen trash :(

closet metro, see above. It is really not OK for Biscuit, the VBD.

eclectic, this Gumby was a Mother's Day gift to me last year. I've always loved him. I'll dig up my posts about Gumby and send you there. They were fun.

yummy plummy, if you can't find the real boxes, plastic shoe boxes cost 99 cents at the dollar store (?). In the name of pathological honesty, I must confess that ONE shelf of the fridge is clean. The rest could not be photographed for fear of being condemned by the health department.

whatalife, again, in the name of pathological honesty, I'm 99.9% sure that "Kate Spade" is a fake. Maybe a "Kate Spud." (Or maybe an "irregular" or such; my SIL picked it up for me in NYC.

brando, I think that's a great idea, posting your MIL's icon paintings. I have a client who does that; I never appreciated it before her.

hi, meredith, the bad doogie thanks you.

colleen, you and Bucky! I just thought he was climbing it, but what do I know?

nuggetmaven, is there a 12-Step group? Powerless over shoes and my closet has become unmanageable . . .

greenie, pork and pinot; it's what's for dinner.

 
Blogger Nic said...

Hey there Susie sunshine. I had the same drrrrrty thought as Bucky (THE HORROR!). It looked like Pokey was humping the bottle to me too. LOL.

Bless you for letting us into your life!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, SusieToo, it's official. I'm in love with Biscuit.

 
Blogger Maven said...

Susie, they say that the only way to fight temptation is to yield to it... or something thereabouts.

I still say we should do mutual posts regarding our shoe and bag addiction:)

 
Blogger eclectic said...

LOVED the Gumby Tale -- thanks for the tip! Of course, I got sucked into the surrounding posts as well, and I commend you for your disingenuous reply to Ms. Snarklebutt. Well done, you!

 
Blogger Ern said...

I thought I knew you, Susie, but you're a Pinot Grigio girl? Hmm. That changes everything. I had no idea!

And Biscuits eyeholes are still looking good!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Mmmmm pinot! Next best thing to cabernet! Love the spade bag but the cute pink clutch works for me. I'm into cheapy but w/style! Call it prada custom and they'll never know...

 
Blogger -_- said...

That pink bag is off the hook!!! Nice!

 
Blogger Susie said...

nic, Bucky has clearly contributed to your delinquency. Did you see that now she's saving us seats?

julie, you must like the Very Bad boys, huh?

maven, that's a possibility. But what if someone tries to stage an intervention?

eclectic, you're welcome, glad you enjoyed :)

ern, my fridge and I are just full of surprises :)

laurenbove, it really is a "Kate Spud," I think; I sure didn't pay Spade $$ for it. I'm all about "looks like but costs less."

solitaire, welcome! And thank you, I'm loving that one, too :)

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

First thought was no wonder they call him Pokey!
A second look leads me to believe both Gumby and Pokey are trying to break into the freezer. Is that peanut butter pie stashed away up there?

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I crack up every time I read "No, Biscuit ;-)

And I'm totally envious that you can wear slide shoes. I never can keep them on my feet...they just slide right off, as if it's some sort of instruction!

 


Post a Comment

<< Home