header image

Sunday, June 17, 2007

whispering to Daddy

Sunday Post ~ "He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it." -- Clarence Budington Kelland (speaking of his father)

Ephesians 6:4

Happy Father's Day to the Dads, brothers, uncles, single Moms with double duty, and all those whom someone is watching how you live. That's pretty much everyone.

file under: &Sunday Post

21 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger WILLIAM said...

Happy Sunday Susie.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Oh and Yes I am going to the track today.

 

Happy Sunday, susie!

 
Blogger Squirl said...

That's a wonderful quote. We do learn more from what we see.

Happy Sunday, Sis!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie, you may not be a father, but that quote definitely applies to you and this blog. Happy Father's Day!

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Double nose holes shot, Suh-weeeet!!

Oh, sorry, sombody is watching me type.

[Word verification is: qkcie "That's just how I post 'em, all fired up and in qkcie style!"]

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Happy father's day, to whomever it applies!

(And Mr. B is totally right about the nostrils, too...can't stop looking at them now that he's pointed it out!)

 
Blogger Susie said...

william, bet on a gray horse for me! I mean, God bless you on this holy day.

htgt, Happy Sunday, honey :)

squirl, yep. Actions speak louder, true for Dads and everyone else, too.

shawkey, you are way too good to me. WTF has given me time to reflect on how much I actually suck. I don't say that to be morose or pathetic or whatever. Just to say that I clearly see some things I shall do better. Hoping I get the chance to. (Sorry, Shawkey. I know you didn't come here looking for that. Just hit a nerve this morning.)

mrB, well, I thought this was a sweet, charming photo. Now I see it's a effin' nostril shot. THANKS, man. I mean really. THANKS.

bucky, I know. I can't believe he did that. I never saw them before, either. Cheez.

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Beautiful photo.

(Um, except for the nose holes -- which I didn't really notice until SOMEBODY pointed them out.)

 
Blogger Susie said...

And, hey, all you superior writers and linguists and whatnot. Somebody rewrite that next-to-the-last sentence for me. "..those whom someone is watching how you live." I know that's bad; I just can't make it any gooder. :)

 
Blogger Susie said...

karen! Speak of the devil. You're a superior writer. Got anything?

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Sunday Susie.

I'm so glad you got to be there for the entire party

 
Blogger The other me said...

Glorious picture, fabulous quote. Thankyou.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I still think it's a sweet charming photo.

My two cents, even though I'm not a great wordsmith:
"... all those who have someone watching how you live."

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Sunday, Susie! We spoiled my Dad rotten with a meal and presents. I think the favourite part of his day, though, was when he sat with us on the jetty at the bottom of the garden and we threw food for the ducks like we used to when we were kids.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Sorry, couldn't be helped. Must. See. Nose holes.

Snot rockets in flight, afternoon delight!!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah! It is Father’s Day, so I suppose as a father it’s a day for me.

May you have a wonderful day, Susie, with many blessings and much shalom.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

It's funny because my first thought looking at the photo was, "I wonder whose nose we're looking up?" But I see you've got to get up pretty early in the morning to beat Bloggy to the nostril comments. Happy Father's Day Sunday, Susie! Love you!!

 
Blogger Amy said...

lovely.

My littlest came to the side of my bed this morning, early, with her hair all messy and her blanket up to her nose and said, "Happy Father's Day, Mommy!"

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Superb photo. And I think C.K. did an equally great job of, er, un-kinking the grammar in that sentence, although I got what you meant, sweetie. You always think of everyone. :-)

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Happy Sundae, Susie!*

Hope Jif got spoiled rotten.


*Dairy Queen reference.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home