header image

Sunday, June 24, 2007

oddmix gumby
Photo, kindness of OddMix

Sunday Post ~ "As much as we need a prosperous economy, we also need a prosperity of kindness and decency." -- Caroline Kennedy Schlossburg

Hebrews 13:1-2

file under: &Sunday Post

24 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

That is so true. And that, coming from a woman who'd seen so much tragedy in her personal, means even more.

Here's to you, my dear sister, for living this.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Ah yes, the King of Rock N Roll and a Night Ranger album all-in-one.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

As Elizabeth said, "Amen".

"...some have entertained angels unawares."

This reminds me of a comic I saw on Last Comic Standing. He said he always gives money to the homeless, just in case it's Jesus undercover. ;)

Love you, darlin.

 
Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

I didn't know that Gumby was an Elvis fan. Damn, you learn something new every day.

Here's to the angels among us. May they watch over us and light our paths.

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, sometimes experiencing tragedy gives us a keener understanding of what's really needed. Thank you for the compliment. I just try. I think that's true of everyone who comes here often; we're kind of kindred spirits, don't you think?

mrB, yes, Gumby is the King of Rock N Roll ;) I don't know nothin' bout no Night Rangers.

elizabeth, and Amen.

ck, I love LCS (and you). Jesus often goes undercover.

umutha, Elvis was a Gumby fan :) Here's to well-lit angels.

 

Happy Sunday, susie!

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

As I understand it, Elvis was a Gumby fan. I'm talking total hero worship. Elvis used to get doped up on prescription pain killers, then paint his face green and cry in the mirror because his head would never be the right shape to pull off the masquerade.

Just a little rock n' roll history for your Sunday morning edification.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

And just what the hell IS Gumby? Anthropomorphized asparagus?

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN. Love you Susie. Happy Sunday.

 
Blogger mrtl said...

It really wasn't nice to put a nail THERE on Gumby.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Actually Mrtl, I think it's a screw. *heh*

Oh right... we were supposed to be decent and kind in church this morning, weren't we? *blush* Sorry.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice photo collage. Although, maybe Gumby could have been a little more in tune with Elvis:
http://tinyurl.com/2ath5b


The quote is good, too. ;-)

 
Blogger Susie said...

htgt, to you, too!

bucky, my head IS the right shape. I take my painkillers and cry in the mirror because I can't sing. The rubber grass is always greener...

bucky, he's Gumby, DAMMIT!

Happy Sunday, traci :)

mrtl and eclectic, you two clearly don't know how to behave in church. I prefer to think of that little dot as Gumby's belly button, rather than contemplating his getting either nailed or screwed. But that's just me.

ortizzle, I am starstruck. Did you make him? I love him.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie: No, didn't make him. No time. I actually found that pic by googling "gumby." LOL.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

I really like the quote, but the photo kicks serious ass! Love it. Love Gumby. Love you. That's why I come over here to hold your hand. I'm glad you don't mind that my palms sweat. What? I always wipe them on my jeans before I hold hands with anyone. Sheesh.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha--it looks like the Gumby in OM's photo and the one in your profile pic are waving at each other. Hi Gumby!

Happy Sunday, Susie.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely post, as always. We don't have Gumby here in the UK, by the way, and it was one of the first things I remember reading about when you guys used to run riot over in the comments sections at Dooce. Gumby and, what was his name, Pokey?! Mad, just mad. :)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

That's a wonderful pic, Susie!

Personally I put more value on kindness and decency than I do on our economics.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of place is that--putting the King of Rock & Roll and the King of Green next to each other? Is there no decency? there's gonna be a feud, I tell ya.

MrsDoF
(blogger still won't behave for me)

 
Blogger Nina said...

I love you! I hope you know that.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Wasn't Elvis quite hunky back in the day? Gumby ain't too bad either.

I missed Sunday so Happy Monday to you.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I even missed Monday by 28 minutes. The photo is of a wall in TGIFridays in the DFW airport. He was situated somewhere over an Atari 2600 (with pac-man cartridge and joystick).

 
Blogger Susie said...

ortizzle, now I googled Gumby, and found lots of clever "treatments" of him :)

lynn, I don't mind your sweaty palms. xxx

shawkey, Gumby is known to be very friendly. Even to hisdamnself.

platy, you must be referring to POKEY, who was never seen in dooce comments without THIS. (I know him personally.)

ssnick, me, too.

mrsDoF, it would be hard to choose sides in such a feud ;)

nina, I do. :) And backatcha.

kranki, I didn't appreciate Elvis so much, until he was gone. He really was gorgeous; and terribly talented.

oddmix, I thought it must have been a restaurant, but didn't know which or where. Pong was the last video game I mastered :) I miss the joysticks...

 


Post a Comment

<< Home