header image

Monday, May 14, 2007

What is that, some kind of egg dish?

Out to dinner to celebrate Mother's Day, we decided to splurge, calorically, and take a look at the tempting dessert tray.

The waitress tells us the name of each confection, "white mousse pyramid, strawberry cheesecake, chocolate-chocolate cake, baklava, pecan tart, chocolate chip Bavarian . . . "

LG had been waiting for her to identify that one. "That's it! I'll have the chocolate chip ovarian, please."


****
Do me a favor, go see my good friend, Kranki, and do just what she tells you. Thanks! :)

22 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm. A chocolate chip ovarian would be really cool! Good idea LG! I'm with her on this one.


Love,
Peaches

 
Blogger Ern said...

She knows her lady parts!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Egg dish . . . hee!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO!! I love LG!

hey, she's just carrying on with the post-easter Cadbury spirit. A young woman after my own heart :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehehehe! I'll take one too!

 
Blogger I'm not here. said...

LOL! That is so cute!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Oh dear. Egg dish indeed!! You kept a straight face, didn't you?? I couldn't have, but YOU did, right??

Lawd ha'mercy, I adore that child!

 
Blogger Kranki said...

How much do I adore LG? I'd share a dessert with her any day.

Thanks muchly for the linkie to my site.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I'm partial to the fallopian flapjacks meself.

 
Blogger author said...

LOL I love this!!
Now I'll never be able to eat one without thinking of this line.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What is that, some kind of egg dish?"

Buh-dum-BUM.

Hee!

 
Blogger Froggylady said...

Love it and just the smile I needed on this crazy Tuesday! Thank you for sharing!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee hee

Thank you for sending folks to Kranki!

 
Blogger Susie said...

dawn, you're nuts. I like that about you.

ern, at least she's heard the word; I don't think she knew to which she was referring.

shawkey, :)

lilsis, yea, chocolate eggs.

traci, what doesn't taste better with chocolate chips?

MoDis, thanks; she does still say the cute things, even though she's getting old and mean.

eclectic, I'll lose points for this one, but Jif and I both laughed like hyenas.

kranki, you're welcome, I think that's a great thing you're doing.

bucky, Jif made a fallopian joke at that time . . . dang, I can't remember it.

scribble, welcome back; enjoy your future ovarians.

ladybug, she sets them up for me ;)

kat, you're welcome; I hope it's a good crazy.

sheryl, and thank you for going there :)

 
Blogger Nina said...

Did the waitress keep a straight face? I don't think I could. Thanks for the laugh!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you know, chocolate chips make everything better!

It's so good to have you blogging again.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

How did LG handle your laughing. Probably pretty well, I would guess. Because I know she would laugh her ass off at you if she had the chance.
:-)

 
Blogger Naomi said...

Hey!

That's cute- I hope she got what was on the menu, and not what she asked for!

Also- the Kranki request--cool thing is, that's happening near me, and all sorts of places are trying to help out. I know of at least one radio station doing stuff, and the local Walmart has a box to drop cards into!

 
Blogger Susie said...

nina, it was so noisy behind her, I don't think she caught it. I guess she just thought we were nuts.

pat, I agree about the chocolate chips. And thank you, there are a lot of good reasons not to blog these days, but it is a good distraction for me, so I keep showing up :)

squirl, she was OK with it, and you're right, she never misses an opportunity to laugh at my mistakes. I hope you're having a good vaca!

naomi, I'm so glad you stopped in, and at kranki's. Sometimes people are cynical about things like this, and of course, we could all be fooled, but thanks for adding more legitimacy, since you live near the kid. (And IMO, you can't go wrong by trying to do the right thing.)

 
Blogger Pink said...

ha. i hope i DON'T have a chocolate chip ovarian!
xx
pinks

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Chocolate chip ovarian? Sounds like something my husband would order. With a glass of melk, of course :-) Did I mention he's cute?

 
Blogger The other me said...

Glorious! Thankyou for sharing that moment.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home