header image

Sunday, May 06, 2007

tulip before


tulip after

Sunday Post ~ "When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves." -- Victor Frankl


Ephesians 3:14-21

21 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

: )

 
Blogger Squirl said...

When it gets right down to it, there is nothing else we can change but ourselves. Thanks for that reminder. Good photos for the example.

Love you! Happy Sunday, sis!

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves. And when that won't do, we change our undies. (Mostly 'cause Mom told us to.)"

 
Blogger Nina said...

Great quote and great photo. It can be really tough to accept the things we cannot change, that I do know.
Happy Sunday, love.

 
Blogger mrtl said...

Looking for a quote I vaguely remembered, came across this one that made me smile:

There is a certain relief in change, even though it be from bad to worse! As I have often found in travelling in a stagecoach, that it is often a comfort to shift one's position, and be bruised in a new place. ~Washington Irving

Those flowers are beautiful. Sorely need to see the green and petaled. Happy Sunday!

 

There's so much power and relief in knowing that. Thank you for the reminder. And it's amazing how things shift, when we make the change...

 
Blogger Pebble Princess said...

Thanks, Susie.
Want to let you know I have posted my interview questions/answers on my blog. Thanks for giving me a reason to post for the first time in five months!

 
Blogger lawbrat said...

First,
What 'here today gone tomorrow' said! Very well said.

Here is my favorite part:

3:18 may be strengthened to comprehend with all the saints
what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
3:19 and to know Christ's love which surpasses knowledge,
that you may be filled with all the fullness of God


I love you.
Love,
Peaches

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo and great thought. You nipped it in the bud, dear.

 
Blogger Susie said...

r2k, :) to you, too.

squirl, yep, that's the truth. Love you, too, and hope your Sunday has been happy.

mrB, "Change your underwear, change your life."

nina, yea, I know a little sumpin' about that mydamnself.

mrtl, I really like that quote. Not 100% happy, but definitely true. The flowers are waiting for you :)

htgt, sigh. I am still trying to figure out what changes I need to make to cause a shift in my current circumstances.

pebbleprincess, yay, I thought you'd forgotten.

peaches, I hope you're doing well, honey. Love you, too.

ortizzle, you remind me of something a client says. Instead of "nip it in the bud," she thinks the expression is "nick it in the butt." I expect the result is the same, though. ;)

 
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Changing your underwear is like changing your life, especially if you still have Underoos with cartoon characters on them.
You can, say go from being Superman to The Hulk. Awesome!
:D

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Nick it in the butt??!! Oh, I really needed that laugh. This sounds like something my husband would say. Remember him, the one who sometimes doesn't care when his shirt is inside out? If he could read this he would say, "I speak the English langridge just fine." And he does. But it still gives me a tickle from time to time :-)

(okay-maybe it's even a little adorable)

sandwich = sangritch
milk = melk
pillow = pellow
cousin = cousint
oblivion = oblivia
:-)
:-)
:-)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, and see, I have the opposite problem.

I gotta try to stop changing myself and make a stand.

Or maybe it's all the same thing. I don't know.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I thought I had commented here... hmm.

Pretty pics, as usual... as for the change stuff... I'm working on it -- always. :)

Change the situation, change ourselves, change the scenery...

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

....."change ourselves"...

Werd.

Love the pics.

 
Blogger Susie said...

MoDis, absolutely. Or from Disney Princesses to monkeys.

lynn, my pastor says "cousint." Where is Mr. Spilling from?

sheryl, hmmm . . . sometimes we can change circumstances. Sometimes.

ck, and don't forget . . . change your underwear . . . change a lightbulb . . . change the channel . . . change a diaper . . .

elizabeth, thanks. They're both the same tulip. I don't know that it changed itself, but it did change.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie, I agree - sometimes we can change circumstances (but not usually or maybe so rarely that it's hard to know if we even did it)

I just lean waaaay too far to changing myself sometimes, and I think it's because I so seldom have a specific purpose. I have principles, and values, but no firm intentions or goals. Love my family. Work. Enjoy the outdoors. Take pictures. Pick up trash every weekend. Volunteer on holidays.

Got to find a way to get the balance right.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

I got chills reading this. Seriously. Chills, sista!

Once again you find the perfect quote.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

He's from Detroit. His whole family says cousint. I had never heard that before and assumed it was because the parents in that family learned to speak English as adults. But then I thought they all yelled and talked too loud because it was a cultural thing. Turns out the mother was very hard of hearing. Shows ya what I know. I will laugh if your pastor is from Michigan.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have stumbled across your blog - as one does - and read your Sunday Post quote. I have copied and pasted it into my journal which my therapist is urging me to write. I have been contemplating suicide but I have 2 children which stops me. Your quote has encapsulated what I have to do but am struggling with just at present. Anyway, thank you for your site. You sound like a happy person, the kind of person I know I can be again, I hope. I'll bookmark it so I call by again. Thank you.

 
Blogger Susie said...

sheryl, as usual, I wish we could sit down with a cuppa something and discuss such things. I have had lots of time to think recently about specific intentions and goals. I need me some.

kranki, I'm glad that worked for you :)

lynn, we have lots of Michiganers who come here. I don't know if they say cousint. My pastor is from Philly.

anon, welcome; you're welcome to anything here that encourages you. Ironically, you've "met" me at one of the unhappiest times in my adult life -- a nearly debilitating illness for a year, with no diagnosis and no treatment yet. Many of the people who visit here have felt like you at some time. And I dare say all of the people who visit here regularly believe in hope and in not giving up, and trying to make today a little better than yesterday. I'm glad your children stop you. They need you. This is a chapter of your life; it's not your whole life. Things change. Guaranteed.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home