header image

Sunday, April 22, 2007

reaching1

Sunday Post ~

I would take no for an answer,
Just to know I heard You speak,

And I'm wondering why I've never
Seen the signs they claim they see,

A lot of special revelations
Meant for everybody but me,

Maybe I don't truly know You,
or maybe I just simply believe...

'Cause I can sniff, I can see,
and I can count up pretty high;
but these faculties
aren't getting me
any closer to the sky,
but my heart of faith keeps poundin'
so I know I'm doin' fine

but sometimes findin' You
is just like tryin' to
smell the color nine.

Smell the color nine...

--lyrics by Chris Rice


Psalm 9:9-10
Psalm 10:1

16 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Nina said...

Happy Sunday Susie, have a wonderful day. XXOOXX

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I'm an echo of Nina. Happy Sunday, Susie!

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Happy Sunday Susie.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great - big - deep - breaths. You'll smell all the numbers.
Happy Sunnyday.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May you smell nine and ten and eleventy billion. Thinking of you. Hoping you're able to enjoy some of this (FINALLY!) beautiful weather.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Sunday my friend. If you have lovely weather, I'm glad for you. Our Pacific Northwest weather at the moment is sucking. Peace.

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Ohhhh, Chris Rice. He's the man.

Chin up, Susie, someday we will smell all those colored numbers ;)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to think of what nine smells like. Probably just fine.

Have a great Sunday, Susie!

 
Blogger lawbrat said...

I love Chris Rice. Like Andrea said- he's the man!

We don't have to smell the color nine to know and believe and have faith we will smell the color nine.

Love,
Peaches

 
Blogger Susie said...

nina, squirl, william, happy day to each of you, plus a hug. Or three.

jeannie, I give thanks for deep breaths. I really do. Hope you're having a good day, too.

shawkey, I KNOW. Two nice days now, but before that, it could have been January around here!

traci, peace to you, too. Our weather has just now stopped sucking. I hope you get a turn with nice weather, soon.

andrea, I just love him. I've probably told you this somewhere along the way, but we went to a concert of his a couple years ago -- just after Deep Enough to Dream -- such a great CD.

ortizzle, ha! I'm not so sure. The end of the song goes,

"But nine's not a color
And even if it were,
You can't smell a color . . .
That's my point exactly . . . "

And it's fitting today (a lot of days, lately) because I know (I choose to believe) God is "in" all this, but I sure can't find Him. Like trying to smell the color nine, it is. Although, I have met some psychotics who probably COULD smell the color nine, so maybe I should be thankful for the way things are. Yea, that's it. Thanks, Ortizzle, my chatting at you has shifted my perspective ;)

peaches, he has so many songs I like. I emailed you earlier today, honey.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

It's beautiful here today, and the flowers in my yard are blooming. I imagine that nine looks vaguely like the swirling colors in a sunrise, and smells just like the wisteria and crab apple scents in the air here. At least, that's what I think today. Maybe tomorrow, it will be greenish and smell like the fertilizer, but I'll worry about that then. Love you!

 
Blogger Susie said...

eclectic, see comment to Ortizzle. What are you, NUTS?
(I love you. I will talk to you soon.)

 
Blogger ~cathi said...

Happy Day!

Word verification: bmogs

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Sunday blessings, Susie--and much shalom.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie, I love this song.

It reminds me a little bit of this other song, one from the Deadwood soundtrack. In fact, I have a Susie Mix I've been working on with this song on it:

God and Man by Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee

(spoken) In the beginning, there was just God, So God made man in his own image... a little image that is.
Man asked God, "My God, how great art thou?" And to show man his great power, they played a game.
Sonny, I'll play the part of the man, and you'll play the part of God

God and man played hide-and-go-seek.
God told man, "Now man, don't you peek."
Man counted to ten, and then looked around,
But God was nowhere, nowhere to be found.

Man looked on the mountain. He looked across the sea.
He looked in the stars, in the skies, in the trees.
He looked in the wind, in the sun, on the ground,
But God was nowhere, nowhere to be found.

So man made an image and he gave it a name,
But this man-made god brought nothing but pain.
Man started shouting "God! Where can you be?"
"I'm right here man, inside of thee."

Oh, man was so shocked, he was really surprised.
'Cuz he looked everywhere, but right there inside.
Now when man found God, man found love,
And man found out what we all are made of.

God is in you and God is in me.
To love all of God is to love humanity.
God is in you and God is in me.
To love all of God is to love humanity."

 
Blogger Kranki said...

What great lyrics. Really made me think about faith and what it all means. Once again your Sunday Post blows my mind.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home