header image

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Barbara Walters Wants to Interview Me!

OK, it's not really Barbara Walters, it's Eclectic. And I don't know whether she wants to or not, because I asked her to. Because most of what I have to say these days is some variation of "WTF is wrong with me?" and because you all must be even more bored with that than I am, I decided to do a meme. These are five questions from Eclectic, and my answers:


1. If you could trade places with any human (but not human AND divine, only human), past or present, for a day, who would you choose?

These questions are too tough already. Because of the way my brain works. For the same reason I hate multiple choice tests. I see too many possibilities, and it is painful for me to narrow it down to one. So I won't. Since it's just for a day . . . I would want to be Mary Magdalene, because I would want to know what it's like to be that close to Jesus. I would also trade places with Mother Teresa (when she was alive), because I would like to feel what it feels like to be that other-centered. Plus if we traded places, she'd be here with Jif and LG, and they could use a day with a woman who is completely other-centered. Not a lot of that happening here these days. And I would also switch with Oprah for a day, because I would LOVE to give away money and stuff the way she does. Plus, while she was living my life, she'd get that cute Nate Birkus in here to redecorate. Oh, and if trading places with me meant that she'd have WTF, she would use all her money and power and probably get fixed right up.

2. What blows your dress up? In other words, what makes you feel happy like a little girl on a swingset?

Excuse me? Blows my dress up? I hadn't heard that one. Although I do still like to wear a wee-dress occasionally. That's not a tiny dress or a dress that I pee in, it's the kind of dress that flares up when you spin around, and you have to go, "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" when you do that. What was the question?

One of the happiest moments I remember is being at Lake MacDonald in Glacier National Park, walking down to the lake, looking down through the clear water at the beautiful stones, and telling Jif, "It's been nice, but I live here now." So, being in a beautiful place with someone I love, that would do it. I also love hours of very silly laughter while dining with girlfriends. I don't do that often enough. And being with LG when she discovers new things that she finds wonderful -- a certain writer, a smell-good lotion, a new food. Little things. And the dog doing silly things. He HATES it when we play any sort of card game. The other night we were playing Apples to Apples, and I was in the recliner, with a blanket over me. Biscuit was barking at all of us as he always does when we are holding cards. All of a sudden, he jumped right up on top of me and grabbed my cards out of my hand and started running around the room. We were all laughing like little girls.

3. Pretzels, chips or popcorn?

Not pretzels. I can leave pretzels sitting around here indefinitely. I do love chips, but I have them very rarely, because I would eat them all. I think (rightly or wrongly) that popcorn is healthier, so that's what I eat the most of. A few times a month, popcorn. But if I had even less self-discipline than I actually do (that would equal none), then it would be chips.

4. If you were at work and the fire alarm went off unexpectedly, would you exit the building immediately, go across the hall and offer assistance at the daycare, or keep your attention on your client and ignore the alarm until notified that it's not a drill?

This one's pretty easy. I would go across the hall and offer help getting the little turkey farmers out. I would also take my client with me and direct him or her to help get the children out, and I would consider that part of the therapy. Few things are better for a person's mental health than forgetting self for a time and helping someone else.

5. What is your favorite color?

I never like this question, because I can't answer it. (See response to #1.) For the longest time, my favorite color was green. Then it became purple. Then the two together. I still like them. I like jewel tones. Red (blue-red, not orange-red), turquoise, sapphire. For clothing, I mostly like jewel tones, and black. And most pinks. I like some pastels, especially periwinkle and limey greens. That's all for clothing. I do not wear yellow or orange, because to do so would be to run the risk of being mistaken for a corpse and accidentally embalmed. (I hate when that happens.)
I do like yellows and golds for decorating, though. They're happy colors in a house, but not on my person.

And here are the rules for this here meme:

If you want to play:

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me," but be more polite than that, please. See previous post.

2. I will respond by emailing you five questions of my choosing. They may be very boring, or terribly intrusive and in questionable taste. Oh, and make sure I have your email address, or that would just really annoy the hell out of me.

3. You must update your blog with the answers to the questions. Whether you like them or not.

4. You have to include this explanation, and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions, yadda yadda yadda.


So, let me know if you want some questions. And I have NO idea how long it will take me to get them to you, but I will. And happily.

21 heads are better than one . . .

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this meme, and your answers. I'm tempted to request an interview, because it seems interesting and fun; but I think it's rather obvious that I don't update my blog very often these days. Things are just too stressful IRL.

You have, as always, my love, hugs, and prayers, my friend.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Do NOT be dissin' pretzels, yo!

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*reaches for his bag of Rold Gold*



*sniffs*

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interview me. I actually took the plunge and started a blog. But don't read it. I thought it would be a really cool thing but it is not easy (for me) letting others peek at what is going on in my head. "I not right"-just so you know.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

That Eclectic asks some tough questions.

When saving the kids would you save their artwork?

 
Blogger Effie said...

i bet the pretzels wouldn't last so long if they were drizzled with melted chocolate...and WOW--only a few times a month do you succumb to the popcorn? And you don't eat chips nearly so often? And no pretzels? What ARE your comfort foods then?

Oprah, eh? That would be fun, to give away lavish gifts and presents without fear of the impending bill....

Oh--if you feel like asking questions, i don't mind answering them! I don't seem to be posting much these days and that would get something up there!

Lots of love to you! hugs!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Oh yay!! You did it!! This makes me happy, or shall I say, blows my dress up!! I can't believe you never heard that expression, it's from waaaaay back when I was a kid. Oh, maybe you're not old enough to remember it. ;) Fine job -- I'd interview you every day of the week!

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Brave woman, I didn't go for the interview.

I know what you mean about there being too many possibilities. I end up practically paralyzed because there are too many directions in which I could go.

I like popcorn, too.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

"Blows your dress up" is the most fabulous saying EVER! So I guess I could say that saying blows MY dress up. But I don't wear dresses either.

I won't ask for questions as I have already answered some ones posed by Miz Eclectic at my blog. Not that I wouldn't want to be interviewed by you. In fact I'd love to. It is just that I don't think anybody wants to read more answers from me.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great that you're feeling good enough today to write a lighthearted blog. Hope to continue to feel better. And I am NOT complaining about the WTF blogs - continue with those as needed. Just good to see you in a lighter mood.

 
Blogger Pebble Princess said...

I most graciously request that you do me the kindness of INTERVIEWING ME!!! I haven't posted on my blog in months because I never think I have anything of value to say, so this will be a good exercise.

salshortt@yahoo.com

Sally

 
Blogger Susie said...

ladybug, I'm sorry about the stress, honey. Maybe writing a little would help? When you're up to it, let me know, and I'll ask you some questions. Thanks for everything, always.

mrB, oh, get over it. that just leaves more for you.

deneen, leave me your URL and your email address! I'll be happy to ask you some questions.

william, eclectic is very tough. And yes, I would have to grab the artwork. Good point.

effie, it's hard to believe, even for me, but I like chocolate-covered pretzels even less than plain ones. And I love chocolate. Weird. Chocolate is a comfort food. Pastas, mashed potatoes. Soups. Now I'm hungry.
OK, I'll send you some questions!

eclectic, does it really blow your dress up, or does it just phone in a bomb scare?

that's why they call you squirl! I know just what you mean about the paralysis, with all the options.

kranki, I like your questions and answers :)

pat, thank you! I'm so tired of feeling lousy. I'm putting in extra effort to lighten up.

pebbleprincess, that is about the most polite request I ever did see! I'll send you some questions :)

 
Blogger Andrea said...

typing one handed...

being interviewed by susie would be fun, but i'll decline simply because no way am i willing to think up questions 5-times-however-many-people...

and i'm with you on jewel tones, 'specially green and purple together, but in my case i can't wear them...just like to decorate with 'em.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Apples to Apples! I LOVE that game!

You'd like my bedroom, Susie (oh, not like that)...it's got green walls with purple accents.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goodness Eclectic gave me the easy questions!

It blows my dress up when I see that you've posted (even when it's about WTF).

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only would it be an honor to be "interviewed" by you, it would be a pleasure to see your email address in my mailbox-so count me in! This should also jump start my blog posting.

amythemom@gmail.com

 
Blogger Nina said...

Barbara Walters called for an interview for me too. But I chose Eclectic instead. I'm thinking it was a good choice. I love green and purple because of the calmness.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here we go:

hootiemacmomma@yahoo.com

hootiemac.wordpress.com( Is that my URL? I am such a dork!)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have been prolific in my absence!! Please interview me - please, please!!

 
Blogger Susie said...

andrea, I know, you've got your hands full. Well, one hand, at least ;)

bucky, it is a great game. You'd hate my bedroom. I do. WTF struck before we could redo it, and it's seriously lavender. :(

sharkey, that's one of the nicest things anyone's ever said to me. (Now that I know what it means.)

amy, OK, you have your assignment!

nina, yea, BW can't touch eclectic.

deneen, yep, that's your URL. Don't feel bad; you learned that much earlier in your blogging life than I did.

platy, sure, honey! I'll get you some questions this weekend.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interview me, please. When you have time, and inclination :)

 


Post a Comment

<< Home