header image

Sunday, April 29, 2007

tree through window 1

tree through window 2

Sunday Post ~ "Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are."

"Now, with God's help, I shall become myself." -- both quotes, Soren Kierkegaard


Romans 12:2 (the whole chapter is one of my favorites)

21 heads are better than one . . .

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Sunday Susie!

I love the pictures you posted - very beautiful! I hope all is well and that you are taking care of yourself.

Now onto Romans 12:2...

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Susie, those pictures are gorgeous! I love them.

Your quotes are very good today too. very Zen, very spiritual. I hope they help you.

Happy Sunday, sis!

 
Blogger sheryl_stephen said...

I couldn't agree more; Self-acceptance is transformative.

Hey, what kind of tree is that? Beautiful! It must be soothing to have this view in your home.

On bright early srping days, when I see a wash of color on a tree or a bush, I feel lightened and cheerful. I think it's color therapy.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are those flowers? Whatever they are, they took my breath away as the page was coming up. Something about seeing them behind the window, kind of had a stained glass window effect.

Great quotes. And now, with God's help, I shall become my new self. Happy Sunday, dear.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

These are some of my favorite of your pictures, ever. And the quotes both really hit home, too.

 

Such beautiful photos! And you have NO idea how timely those quotes were, given the 2 hour talk the Cap'n and I had this morning. I dragged him right over here to look at them. Then sent him back to the stove to finish making my breakfast. Happy Sunday, susie!

 
Blogger Nina said...

Your photos are gorgeous. Happy Sunday.

 
Blogger Sandi said...

Beautiful photos. And I especialy love that first quote. Very powerful.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pictures are stunning. Wow. Peaceful. The quotes are thought provoking and amazing. The bible verse, I'll skip for today. Happy Sunday friend.

 
Blogger Susie said...

cindy, happy Sunday. All is well, even tho I'm not :) Always working on attitude adjustment here, these days.

squirl, thanks, sis. I hope they help me, too. And maybe even someone else.

she, the big puffy pink tree, I'm embarrassed to say, we're not sure what it is. I think it's some kind of flowering cherry (not fruit), but not the weeping kind that most people associate with this area. To the left in the pic is a pink dogwood, so the puffy one isn't that, for sure. These trees are in bloom for a very short time, but yes, they do lift my spirit, and I'm very thankful to have them.

ortizzle, thank you, I hope your day is good. See preceding reply about the pink flowers/tree :)

bucky, thank you, little sister.

htgt, cheez, woman! You're draggin' him to the computer, and sendin' him to the kitchen . . . does he do windows? Send him here! ;)

nina, thank you, my friend. I hope your day is good, too.

sandi, thank you. Now if only I can make those quotes stick.

traci, as always, you're welcome to whatever you can use :)

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*accepts what he is, changes, accepts that, changes again*

*decides to quit accepting or changing because it's too damn tiring*

 
Blogger Ern said...

Beautiful quotes and photos, Susie.

:)

 
Blogger lawbrat said...

His good, perfect and pleasing will.

Are you in my head Susie? Actually, you are. While you're in there, can you help me remember where I put some important documents?

I love you my dear love.

Love,
Peaches

 
Blogger lawbrat said...

Here is my favorite part of what I've read of Romans:

"17Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"[d]says the Lord. 20On the contrary:
"If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."[e] 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."

Love,
your Peaches

 
Blogger Susie said...

mrB, whoa, slow down. Sit a spell before you start changing again ;)

ern, thanks, and it's nice to see you. Even in your sweats ;)

peaches, that last part, "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good," is one of my "guiding light" verses, one that I really TRY to live by. It ain't easy. But we'll keep trying :)

 

hee! Actually he DID do windows; he washed my car today! He's such a good guy. And I did make him his very favorite spaghetti dish when he was done with the car.

 
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Simply beautiful, picture and quote.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

GORGEOUS pictures! Lovely quotes!

Hugs to you, love.

 
Blogger Judypatooote said...

Beautiful!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Sunday Posts.

 
Blogger Amy said...

Playing Katchup here.

Lovely pics, Susie.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home