header image

Sunday, December 31, 2006

What do you pray for?

Sunday Post ~ "Hope is the feeling that the feeling you have isn't permanent." -- Jean Kerr

Jeremiah 29:11-14

file under: &Sunday Post

23 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

That is the perfect definition of hope. And that's what we're all hoping for. :)

I'll bet you're ready to stop being tested. Is that LG's?

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Oops, I just checked the picture out. I see it's anonymous. :)

 
Blogger Nina said...

Hope was personified in Greek mythology as Elpis. When Pandora opened Pandora’s Box, she let out all the evils except one; Hope. Apparently the Greeks considered Hope to be as dangerous as all the worlds’ evils. But without hope to accompany all their troubles, humanity was filled with despair. It was a great relief when Pandora revisited her box and let out hope as well. It may be worthy to note that in the story, Hope is represented as weakly leaving the box but is in effect far more potent than any of the major evils.
Hope is a wonderful feeling for without it we would all give up.
Happy Sunday Love!

 

Happy New Year, Susie! Here's hoping 2007 brings some answers and good news. I'm grateful to you for the humor and candor of your blog.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

That IS a great definition of Hope... love you, Susie. Happy New Year to you and the whole Fairchild clan. :)

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Oh, that verse...it's one of my very favorites of all.

Here's hoping for a New Year full of hope! Especially for a cure for WTF!

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, it is an especially fitting definition of hope for me, these days. Yea, the art in this photo was from a child at our church, I don't know its artist/writer.

nina, thank you for that. Yes, hope is essential for life.

htgt, thank you, and Happy New Year to you, too :)

ck, thanks, honey, and to the Circus, too :)

andrea, I just checked, and I've used that scripture 3 times here. Nothing else says it quite as well :)

 
Blogger Ortizzle said...

"If you want to get held..." --- I love that.

Great "hope" quote. Here are a few others I found that I like, too:

Everything that is done in the world is done by hope.
-- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Don't lose hope. When it gets darkest the stars come out.
-- Anon.

If it were not for hopes, the heart would break.
-- Thomas Fuller.

Happy New Year, Susie!

 
Blogger The other me said...

Children say ot all so beautifully which is one reason why Jesus tells us to be more like them. Happy NEw Year!

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

The last Sunday post for 2006.Will you be sending out 2007 collection envelopes soon?

 
Blogger Dawn said...

just wanted to say happy new year.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a wonderful definition of hope. I hope, with all my heart, that 2007 brings you answers and that we can all be blogging this time next year about how you kicked WTF's ass.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Susie, this post makes me think of The Shawshank Redemption. Remember the end, where the Morgan Freeman character is on the bus? Remember his voice when he said, "I hope the ocean is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope. I hope... " I was glad the movie did not end before showing those two men, free and on the beach.

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

Susie, I *HOPE* this new year will be kind to you.
I *HOPE* I remember to date my checks correctly. I just got used to writing 2006...
Happy New Year!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's 0015 so I'm in 2007, which seems so funny given that you're still in 2006! Happy new year to my favourite Susie and all the family. 2007 will be a good year, I know it.

 
Blogger Kentucky Brat said...

Happy New Year Susie!

 
Blogger Susie said...

Thanks, ortizzle, thanks for adding to hope here :)

t.o.m., that is so true. Happy New Year to you and your bunch :)

william, just send your money, or your credit card number ;)

dawn, to you, too. May it be an orange-free year ;)

platypus, I want that SO much right now. I'm not in much of a party mood, I'm sorry to say. I'm more in a pity mood. A self-pity mood, which is the worst kind. I'm seeing people writing about fresh starts, but I woke up with the same horrible feelings. I guess I hoped for a New Year's miracle. I'll still hope for that, but it didn't happen today.

lynn, I love that movie. And I quote it often to myself: Get busy living or get busy dying. Indeed, after my comment to platy, that's exactly what I need to tell myself. Gotta get busy living. I hope. I hope.

sierrabella, I hope this year is so very kind to you, too.

mrtl, to you, too, girlfriend. xxx Many happy pies to you.

platypus, you sound very authoritative on the subject, so I shall choose to believe you. Thanks for your optimism.

kybrat, Happy New Year to you, too!

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Happy New Year's, Sis!

 
Blogger August95 said...

I really like that Susie.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Susie, what you said to Platy:

"I'm seeing people writing about fresh starts, but I woke up with the same horrible feelings. I guess I hoped for a New Year's miracle. I'll still hope for that, but it didn't happen today."

I SOOOO understand what you mean! But it might happen tomorrow or next week. It might. Thanks, Susie.
{{{{{{{{Susie}}}}}}}}
(notice the size of that hug)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Happy new year, Susie - perhaps your miracle is simply in another time zone and hasn't caught up yet...

 
Blogger Eddie said...

that was so cute, theres hope after all.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Here is hoping that 2007 turns out to be fabulous. Big hugs to you.

PS-Yeah, I didn't magically feel any better at midnight either. But I am hoping that may change.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home