header image

Sunday, December 10, 2006

that feeling

Sunday Post ~ "Once we learn to be genuinely happy for others' good fortune, then no matter what our circumstances, we are never without a reason to be happy." -- Susie Fairchild

Romans 12:15


Thanks for telling me happy somethings this past week. When I went visiting, I found another happy something. A poem at KimS's place, that tickled me. And wouldn't you know, I had the perfect photograph to accompany it, just sitting in my camera waiting for the right words.

F.R.O.G.

What a wonderful bird the frog are!
When he stand he sit almost;
When he hop he fly almost.
He ain't got no sense hardly;
He ain't got no tail hardly either.
When he sit, he sit on what he ain't got almost. --Anonymous

16 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Ah, Susie - I missed out on giving you good news.

How about this: The doctor says my syphilis should clear up after another round of penicillin!

Love that card...

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Yes, Susie, I do feel like my guardian angel stepped out for a smoke. There was something funny in her cigarette and it burst into flame and caught her wings on fire. An incompetent fire rescue worker accidentally poisoned her with a chemical fire extinguisher. The ambulance that came to rush her to the hospital took a header off a cliff. Sometimes I still go down to the beach and look for the body. All I ever find is a few scorched feathers.

Hello up there!
Some of us need new guardian angels.
We really do.
We're patient.
We'll wait.
Thank you.

 
Blogger Susie said...

bucky, better finish it up. Would you believe, that's one of the things they said could cause my WTF? And I haven't even been with you in...ever!

lynn, so glad your sense of humor wasn't scorched in the tragedy ;) Your new GA be much better, I'm sure.
And I really should put in a good word for my GA here. I know what has happened to me, but I don't know what could have and didn't, because of her. That's how I choose to see it, anyway.
I'm gonna get her a Nicoderm patch, just in case . . .

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I love that Susie Fairchild quote. She really knows her stuff. It goes the other way, too. I mean, when we see someone else suffering and we stop to help, we can forget about our own for a minute.

Here's to Nicoderm patches!

 
Blogger Platypus said...

As always you're right. :0) Not so much my guardian angel stepping out but that of my friend. Although who can say, maybe things would have been worse without an angel...!

 
Blogger Nina said...

LOL, I had never seen that card before. I like frogs . . . there is just something about them. What you needed how-ever was a picture with one with a cig in his mouth.
Happy Sunday Susie!

 
Blogger Ortizzle said...

What a lazy guardian my angel are
When he on duty, he forget almost
When he talk to God, he sleep almost
He ain't got no halo hardly
He ain't got no wings hardly either
When he pray, he pray for what I ain't got. Almost.
---------------------------

I think we must all be each other's guardian angels. That way we can take turns going out for a smoke, and there's still always somebody there. :-)

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*Thinks it takes too much effort to "learn to be genuinely happy for others's good fortune"*

Let THEM be happy about it, I've got my bitching and griping and moaning to do!

 
Blogger Susie said...

You people are delightful.

squirl, true dat. Maybe after my GA quits smoking, things'll work out, here ;)

platypus, I came to see what you meant, and . . . my heart breaks for your friend. PLEEEEASE let her surviving baby be well, I pray.

nina, hee. I like frogs, too. Somehow, during WTF, they have been showing up everywhere, and I was so thrilled to find that silly poem. It's so true. They're WEIRD. Maybe that's why I like them. Then a much older friend sent me a letter with a frog and the acronym Fully Rely On God, so I thought (hope) someone's trying to tell me something will all the frogginess all around -- including in my throat :(

ortizzle, standing ovation and holding up my GA's Bic, here ;) That's wonderful, and I do believe you're onto something there, with us taking turns.

mrB, weeeeellll, yea, that IS another way you could go . . . ;)

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Things I learned at Susie's place today:

Angel Frogs + Smoking Syphilis = WTF


The sermons sometimes surprise me, but I love my Sunday Church!

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

So what I got from the poem is "When hs sit, he sit on what he aint got, almost" Does this mean a frogs ass is NOT watertight?


And Bucky, your comment made me laugh. alot.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, ok, so i'm a little late for the sunday service! as for guardian angels, i've never felt like i had one so i don't know...but the sign is hysterical!

 
Blogger Susie said...

eclectic, well, you can't accuse me of plagiarizing from other clergy, that's for sure ;)

william, you think I don't have enough on my mind without having to consider whether a frog's ass is watertight? (wait a minute, whose ass IS watertight, I mean REALLY watertight?...)
I'm naming this frog William. And I wouldn't want you to think it has anything AT ALL to do with the fourth line of the poem. :p
Bucky said that her guardian angel went out to smoke some crack.

traci, I think you have one. Maybe like Ortizzle says. Or maybe you need to ask for one. Or more. I ask for them often for my peeps, here. I ask that they be surrounded, with wing-to-wing coverage. I really do.

 
Blogger Ern said...

Hi Susie. Just wanted to letcha know I was here, as I catch up on my reading.

(I lurk by occasionally as well, but that's not very nice of me.)

*HUGS* to you.

 
Blogger I'm not here. said...

xxx

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I wuv you, Susie. ;)

 


Post a Comment

<< Home