header image

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Recall Notice

I was going to call this post, "My Tits Have Been Recalled," but I'm not bold enough to put that in big green letters. Little black letters? Yea, no problem.

Do y'all remember back in the summer when I was rejected from having a mammogram BECAUSE I had found a lump in my breast? (And if you don't remember, the previous sentence is not in error, that's what happened. Go read.) Well, I went back when I was permitted to, and got the mammogram, got the sonogram . . . took weeks to track down my previous films so they could compare them, but eventually, I got the "all clear," as I expected I would. They told me to come back in a year. One less body part to worry about. Well, two less.

Now they call me from "A" Radiology to tell me that they have done a "medical audit" of their mammography files, and sonofagun, they did me wrong. I should not have been put in the "come back next year" pile. The medical auditor said I should have been put in the "better follow up sooner" pile. So I'll be going back early next month. Actually, I see the gyn again in two weeks and if she tells me to go before that, I will.

Gotta laugh to take a break from crying. WTF symptoms are getting louder. The Room-At-All-Ogist was clueless, although I go back to see him next Thursday to go over test results. And next Friday I see a doc at the "among the best docs in the world" place here, who specializes in throat troubles related to neurological disorders. I am hoping, praying, wishing, vibrating, that he will know of something other than ALF that will explain my troubles.

All day an old Anne Murray song has been playing in my head,

Sure could use
A little good news
Today

You got any GOOD news? Tell me something good, wouldja?

file under: &WTF Disease &Can't Make This Stuff Up

34 heads are better than one . . .

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a new car.

 
Blogger Susie said...

Yay! Congratulations, Jeannie, and safe travels :) You made me smile, you really did!

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Ummm...I'm gonna have a baby in a few weeks! :) But that's not really "news", I guess...

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Well, the GOOD news is that you're not a man. Boy you'd be worthless and we'd be all "suck it up, Big Guy!" and you'd be all, "but everyone just needs a hand to hold on to" and we'd be all like "quit quoting John Mellencamp, you big wuss" and then you'd be all denfensive like "it's John COUGAR Mellencamp, you big...meanie" and then we'd be like "well, yeah, he does have a point" and then we'd like give you beer and pizza and fishing lures.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shhhh . . . don't tell anyone, but do you remember a few weeks ago when you posted about something you were working on, but WTF put the kibosh on it? It was just a little thing, and it was so near and yet so far.

Well, JP and I are about to start taking baby steps down a very similar road. We're still lacing up our shoes, but we're hoping to be walking soon.

If you see JP's aunt at Hopkins (she lives near Salisbury and travels there for some of her cancer treatments), be sure and wave hello. I'm praying that those Best Docs in the World have some good news for you.

 
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Good news, eh?
Alright:
1. My grandmother gets to go home from the hospital tomorrow morning. She's back to normal now from her surgery/the aftereffects of her medication that made her delusional for a couple of days.
2. Mom gets to come home from Arkansas Sunday night and she'll be home Monday morning. We'll have our family back together again.

*hugs*
JD and Roscoe send puppydog kisses to you and yours.

 
Blogger Closet Metro said...

I got a girlfriend.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Susie. You poor dear. Laughing to keep from crying, indeed.

Good news? Hmmm...Deputy Dad is finally feeling better after his kidney stone removal last Friday. I'm hoping to get lucky tonight. :)

Love, hugs, and many, many prayers to you, my friend.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Good news: There has been a break in the sexual weather at my place.

Susie, remember that email I sent you about the titanium thing? What did the immunologist say? Can you take it with you to Hopkins? Have you considered consulting with an alternative medicine practitioner? Do you want me to help you find one? If there's ever anything like that that you need someone to do for you, please let me know.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Susie, there's a new post at my place with a very funny link that might make you laugh.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got felt up. hahaha! kidding, of course. unless, of course, you count my daily shower...

seriously, though, wouldn't it be something if your boob was causing all your problems?! that'd be way too simple of an explanation though, right?

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Well, at least you got someone asking to take a look at your tits... that's good, right??

Is Shawkey saying what I think Shawkey's saying? Because that'd be cool. I'd dig that a LOT!!

Oh, and I have the best sisters in the world! But that's not news, really, it's just good.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daughter #2 and Daughter #3 BOTH got cast in upcoming school productions!

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Santa is coming in 18 more sleeps(36 if you take naps)
:D


hugs,
dawn

p.s sorry you're going through all this stuff.

 
Blogger Susie said...

OK, how did I miss the part where I said to you people, "Come here and tell me when you've had sex, or when you think you might, or when you wish you were..."?! (I kid. I'm a kidder.)

andrea, no, but it IS good, and that's the most important part :)

mrB, you think if I were a man, I'd be a girly man!? I'm glad I'm not a man, then, mostly because of the fishing lures.
"it's time to go home, and I ain't even done with the night..."
You brought out the John Cougar in me.

shawkey! Get outta town! Oh, honey, that right there is some gooooood news. God bless every step for you.

MoDis, that sounds VERY good, indeed. Family being back where they belong is always good, as are puppydog kisses :)

closet metro, when you say that, you have to Cabbage Patch, and say it like Eddie Murphy, a la "I got some ice cream, you don't got no ice cream!" GOOD FOR YOU! (Just in time to buy her expensive presents! Good for her!)

ladybug, well now that you've teased us like that, you WILL have to come back and report to the class, young lady...

lynn, congratulations, lynn and mr. lynn :) Honey, I told the rheumatologist, and gave him the article/email. He said he doesn't think there's any test for titanium poisoning, he's never heard of it. He took the info, but my gut says he's not going any further with it. I am researching alternative docs, while continuing to pursue traditional answers, too. I have a couple of leads, a Chinese doc and a homoeopathic M.D. that friends have recommended. I'm open to suggestions.

raz, don't tease us like that! You know, I am so confused, it could be anything. Nothing would surprise me. Well, like if they said it was prostate trouble, that might surprise me. But nothing else. And then I'd get beer and fishing lures.

eclectic, usually I prefer such a request not be contingent upon me driving somewhere and presenting an insurance card.
Yes, I do believe Shawkey is saying exactly that. Is that the best or what?
What a coincidence. I have the best sisters, too.

traci, GREAT news! Can't wait to hear about it :)

dawn, that is good news. Wonder if he'll have a rat's ass in his bag for me? ;) Thank you, honey. Me, too.

 
Blogger lawyerchik said...

Good news?

1. Today is Friday!!!!
2. I got this GREAT joke in my email this morning.
3. The sun is shining - FINALLY! - after several days of cloudy skies
4. In about one more week, I will make my last car payment (for, hopefully, a long while) and my car will be MINE, MINE, MINE, ALL MINE!! :)

(Best I could do, Susie - hope it helps!! :))

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My next to the oldest son just graduated Nursing school, got a job in the ICU and him and my daughter in law are having a baby girl this coming Tuesday! I talk to God about you all the time, you deserve the best.
Donna

 
Blogger The other me said...

My daughter said she thinks she should wear more clothes. HOORAY!

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

Ummm...
I'm getting new carpeting?
Hey, I'm easy to please!

 
Blogger Platypus said...

Hello sweetie! Things to cheer you up? Well, it's Friday! Stumpy is doing OK at school! It's my birthday on Monday and I've taken the day off work! Stumpy comes home for the holidays on Tuesday!

What? Those aren't helping? On. They cheered me up... Ok, so just picture Nilbo in tassels, that should do the trick! ;0)

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Weeeeeellll. The only good news I could come up with is that my bro and his long time girlfriend eloped to Hawaii and are now married. We all just found out last night.

Hang in there, girlie! Hugs!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news huh? Um my Niece is coming over tomorrow (sleeping over). That is something that always makes my crabby ass smile. Wait...my ass doesn't actually smile nor is it crab infested. Oh *gag*

I just made myself dry heave in an attempt to explain myself.

 
Blogger Effie said...

Good news....well, for starters, tomorrow's my birthday--29 for the first time. Secondly, my Mom came down for a visit today and brought me a birthday cake and it was SOOOOOOOOOOOO good--I saved you a piece--it's blueberry with angelfood cake and cream cheese and whipped cream and all that goodness wrapped up into one! Yum Yum! We had a lovely day and went out shopping. I bought the second car seat I was planning on getting and because I waited 2 whole days to get it, not only did I have someone to help me carry it (good thing) but also it was on sale for $20 cheaper!!! What else, hmm, well, 20 days until I get to see my baby!! (or at least I get induced then...)

Another good thing--I loves ya! *MWAH!*

 
Blogger Susie said...

lawyerchik, that's all good, and thank you for the joke. It made me laugh, so I want to share it:

Dog Food Diet

I was in Wal-Mart buying a large bag of Purina for my dog Lola and was
in line to check out. A woman behind me asked if I had a dog........

Duh! I was feeling a bit crabby so on impulse, I told her no, I was starting The Purina Diet again, although I probably shouldn't because I'd ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care unit with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IV's in both arms. Her eyes about bugged out of her head.

I went on and on with the bogus diet story and she was totally buying
it. I told her that it was an easy, inexpensive diet and that the way it works is to load your pockets or purse with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The package said the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again.

Horrified, she asked if something in the dog food had poisoned me and
was that why I ended up in the hospital?

I said no.....I'd been sitting in the street licking my butt when a car hit me.


donna, that is all wonderful news. I'll pray that all goes well on Tuesday :) Thank you for your prayers, just make sure when you talk to God about me, you don't call me "Susie who deserves the best," 'cause He knows me better than that ;)

t.o.m., ha! Am I correct in remembering she's 17? I am sure that is very good news for a mom :)

sierrabella, oh, I love that. I would love that here! I'm easy like you :)

platypus, good for Stumpy, and of course you're being born is very good news for everyone :) Where is Nilbo wearing his tassels these days?

kranki, seeing you out in the neighborhood is very good news :) Congrats on the new SIL, and much happiness to them. I hope you're feeling well.

soozieQ, thank heavens you got rid of those crabs, that is indeed good news ;) But your ass smiling would be EXCELLENT news, and you could go on TV with that. Enjoy your beautiful girl :)

effie, you are so full of it! Good news, that is :) Your first 29th birthday is a very special occasion indeed. I elected to stay in my twenties for a very long time after that, so that after I was 29, next I was 20-10, then 20-11, etc. I am now 20-26.

 
Blogger C-C-C-Corn Dog said...

Good news for me: I'm going to be an aunt for the first time and now my mom will have herself a grandbaby. I might get a brief respite from the constant stream of "When are you having kids" questions.

Good news for you (maybe): I rediscovered your website and have bookmarked it so that won't happen again. And you can add me to the legion of bloggers that are hopeful and thinking positive on your behalf.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Well, my good news is that my mammogram came out fine and my colonoscopy found my other end in perfect health. :)

Have you tried a kinesiologist? They can do wondrous things. It's worth a shot.

Hello here to all of my sisters. :D

 
Blogger Ortizzle said...

I don't have any personal news right now that is good news. So how about this: since I have been reading blogs, coming here is a place that puts a smile on my face every time. Even if it's just seeing how brave you are with your WTF trials and tribulations. You are one funny person with a great sense of humor and a lot of guts. Hope that puts a tiny little smile on your face. And good luck with the doctor visits. :-)))

 
Blogger Eddie said...

susie i know this is a strange thank to ask but have you had boob work done, the reason i ask is someone i know had the silacone implants and one leaked and she was very sick and the doctors could not find what was making her sick, she had them taken out and now she is well, she had the same kind of sickness you have, sorry but was trying to help

 
Blogger Susie said...

dawners, congrats on the aunt thing, that's very exciting. And of course it's good news that I once was lost but now I'm found. Welcome back, and thanks for the kind wishes :)

squirl, that is excellent news that you are fine from top to bottom. You'll have to tell me more about a kinesiologist; I can only guess at what such a person does, don't know for sure.

ortizzle, thank you for being so kind. A rat's ass is on its way to you ;)

eddie, thanks for trying to help, and that is not the strangest thing I've been asked. But nope, no boob work here. They're actually quite lazy, do as little work as they can get away with. No silicone, no saline, no Play-Doh...

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I received a letter from the mortgage Co: they want to "work with me" rather than foreclose.

 
Blogger Susie said...

ssnick, "mortgage company" and "good news" don't often go together, I guess. I hope however they work with you, works for you.

 
Blogger Kim said...

Well, my cousin's husband came home from a year plus in Kosovo on a UN Peacekeeping mission.

He joined the reserves six years ago, and they've been separated for about three of those as a result. So yay, he's home, and his commitment ends next month.

Also, my little girl has started walking. And knows what a penguin is. And waved a little flag at the homecoming ceremony today in a way that about broke my heart.

Here's hoping (praying) you can find a happy thing somewhere in your life to bring some joy today.

 
Blogger Amy said...

Well I'm late to this party and that's a fact.

Here are my good things,
I am done full time work after this week, going down to two days a week. So me and my lucy get to hang out together all day the other three days and watch Annie and visit friends and have naps.

Christmas is coming!

and
I am having fish and chips for supper.

Love you, susie.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love reading everyone's good news! Love it.

For me, it's new shoes. New shoes are always good news. :)

Hugs.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home