header image

Sunday, December 17, 2006

bridge 2

bridge 1

stone cottage


Sunday Post ~ "Never forget that life can only be nobly inspired and rightly lived if you take it bravely and gallantly, as a splendid adventure in which you are setting out into an unknown country, to face many a danger, to meet many a joy, to find many a comrade, to win and lose many a battle."
-- Annie Besant


Deuteronomy 6:4-9

file under: &Sunday Post

18 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

Those are some really tough words to live up to. But she's right. Life has many downs, but you need them to experience the ups.

Love and hugs!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to win the WTF battle. You ARE.

Happy Sunday!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Squirl's right, Sharkey's right.

Lovely, lovely romantical pictures, Susie.

Just big hugs to you from me today. Love you.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I needed to read that quotation at this very moment. I’d love to walk across those bridges!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes are lows make our highs much better. Life can be difficult but very rewarding.

 
Blogger Ortizzle said...

Love the pics. Here are some Sunday roses for you:

"This old world that we're livin' in
Is mighty hard to beat
You get a thorn for every rose
But ain't the roses sweet?"
--- Frank Stanton

Or as Abraham Lincoln said,
"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns,
or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."

Thanks for the Sunday inspiration.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

I want to go for a walk in those pictures!! And I want you to go with me. And I want WTF to curl up in defeat, so we can look back on it and appreciate being healthy even more. You ever listen to Steven Curtis Chapman? He's got a song, "Remember Your Chains", and one of the lyrics is: "No one's more grateful to sit at the table, than the one who best remembers hunger's pain." There's truth to it, that's for sure.

 
Blogger Andrea said...

I'm with eclectic, I want to take a walk in those pictures! Are these near the picture of the gate you posted previously? And they still remind me of Thomas Kinkade.

 
Blogger Nina said...

I want to go on the walk too. Those are beautiful. You will win and defeat WTF diease, I have no doubt. It could be one little thing and once they find it and then fix it . . . everything else gets better. Trust me on this. :)

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

You see I, read this quote and I look at those pictures and I can't help but think of Gumby Susie going into battle with all her comrades around her. Like Lord of the rings or something. I volunteer to be one of the people who has your back in the field of battle. Kind of like BraveHeart. Or maybe Timebandits...which could be interesting.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*puff* ... *wheeze* ... Sorry I'm late, Susie, but I'm ready to join the battle now. I've got my special helmet on and everything!

Lovely post as always and I'm with the others: you will beat this thing and we're with you all the way.

I've moved blogs, by the way, just in case you want to stop by. I'm still unpacking but I can always offer you a cup of tea and a biscuit. :0)

Oops, that's a cookie - not your dog...

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Coming by to send out some more hugs to you.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Hi, Susie! I really love your photos.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Ooooh, William, are we starting a quest?

I wanna be Legolas! But only if I get to steal Arwen from Aragorn.

*Looks to see if anyone actually heard that, slinks away in geeky shame*

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dammit. my first comment got lost in space apparently. i came to "church" early this morning in preparation for the day. my family had the annual christmas party tonight and i needed some support. turns out i was right to come here first. thanks.

 
Blogger Effie said...

yup--it's monday. I'm late again. whoops!

that cottage in the woods and those bridges are beautifully wonderful!

I'm all for joining the quest...*pant* *pant*...once this tightness calms down in my belly...don't worry, it's not happening yet, I don't think...

*~Love~*

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, they are tough, but when the going gets tough . . . ;)

sharkey, thanks for the vote of confidence. That is one of the many wonderful things about having my imaginary friends on this WTF journey. When my confidence wanes, someone always steps up to lend me some. Thank you very much, indeed.

ck the hot, your picture is so very glam. Big hugs back to you.

ssnick, it always does me good to hear that something that I often choose rather selfishly has meaning to someone else, too. Thank you.

anon, yep.

ortizzle, I'd like to hang out with you ;) Excellent quotes. I thought I'd read most of Lincoln's quotes, but that one's new to me, and I LOVE it.

eclectic, there is truth to that. I thought I'd learned it every which-a-way. Apparently God thinks otherwise, and guess whose plan we have to go with?

andrea, you are correct! In the same "enchanted woods" at the same museum. It was a truly lovely place.

nina, okie dokie, I will trust you on this. (I'm trying, I'm trying. When my parts are all behaving so strangely, it's tough, but I'M TRYING)

william, is your face painted blue? You'd look good in blueface. Thank you for having my back :) Your comment calls to mind my favorite Sunday Post quote of the year: "That which doesn't kill us is gonna wish that it had."

platypus, thanks for joining up! I often wear a special helmet, too. Mine's a Hello Kitty helmet :)

chchchchia, I was just thinking of you! Oven fries? You can feed the troops, then. And kiss them, too :)

kranki, thanks for the hugs, they're always put to good use :)

lynn, hi yourself. Thank you, I like them, too. Very fairytalish (new word) I thought.

buckolas, of course you would be Legolas; who else? Gotta dye your hair white, though. Them's the rules.

traci, aw, honey; you lived to tell the tale, I see. That's a good thing :)

effie, oh, good! We get a two-fer with you. The fearless Effie and her little warrior princess OR prince ;)

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Wait a minute...I signed up for the quest before knowing about the white hair and hello kitty helmets...But...okay for you I will wear a hello kitty helmet.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home