header image

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

2nd Annual Blog Cookie Exchange! Come in, come in!

Welcome, everyone! I'm a little late getting started today, due to a brief power outage, but we're good now. Come in and get comfy. There's some of my favorite Christmas music in the CD player -- quite a variety, with Handel's Messiah, Odetta and Emmylou Harris.

Random Acts of Christmas

Early yesterday morning, I got a phone call from a friend I hadn't seen in nearly a year. I had talked to her once over the summer, telling her about WTF. She called to tell me that she had held a cookie exchange "in my honor" and that she had a large tray of cookies for me, in case I wasn't up to baking this year. Now, how nice is that? I was so touched. I might feel like baking, but now, if I do bake, it will be because I want to do it for fun with my kid, and not because it is one more thing on my holiday to-do list. What a gift she gave me, the gift of freedom from have-to.

cookie exchange


Recipes

No cookie recipes here this time. But I will share a delishus cookie go-with: Dreamy Creamy Hot Chocolate (not my own, thank Paula Deen). I have never had, nor can I imagine, a hot chocolate that tastes better than this one.

Dreamy Creamy Hot Chocolate

1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
6 1/2 cups hot water
mini marshmallows or whipped cream (optional)


In a large saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, vanilla and salt; mix well. Over medium heat, slowly stir in water; heat through, stirring occasionally. DO NOT BOIL. Top with marshmallows, if desired.

Tip: can be stored in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Mix well and reheat before serving.


And an appetizer that always disappears quickly and completely:

Asparagus Rollups

This is my creation, based on input from blogfriends Greenie and Mamaramma, from back in the days when dooce comments was a place to hang out. I don't know how much of anything you need, but just get you some:

Fresh asparagus (a bunch)
Thinly sliced (not shaved) prosciutto ham (1/2 pound?)
Whipped cream cheese with chives (or plain, or any other flavor you like, just make sure it's whipped, for easier spreading)
Spring onions (you want the green tops) or a package of chives
Boiling water
Ice water

Cut the ends off the asparagus spears. Drop the remaining spears into boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Then put them immediately into ice water to stop the cooking process. You want them "crisp-tender."

Take a slice of ham and spread a thin layer of the cream cheese on it, covering entire slice.

Put an asparagus spear at the edge of the ham, and roll it up, wrapping the ham around it. The cream cheese will act as glue.

With a very sharp knife, cut the asparagus into bite-size pieces (about an inch, or just a tiny bit longer). Sharp is important, because a dull knife will pull the ham off the asparagus, causing you to curse and throw the knife. And how Christmasy is that, really?

Next, with your very sharp knife, slice the green onion tops length-wise, into long, thing "strings." (If you've bought chives, they're already string size.) Tie a green onion string into a bow or a knot, around each little package. Is that cute or what? And people eat them like crazy.

asparagus


Traditions

We'll still be doing the Star cake and LG's homemade Christmas card, that I told you about last year. Here are a few more things that we do every year.

Like many families, we watch "Rudolph" on TV. Call me an old fogey, but I remember, and am wistful for, the days when Rudolph (and all the other Christmas shows, and The Wizard of Oz) came on broadcast television ONCE a year, and if you missed it, well, that was tragic. There were no DVDs, no videos, in the sixties when I was in grade school. Everyone looked forward to the Christmas shows, and watched as a family. We watch Rudolph together now, at least one of the umpteen times it's on one of the bazillion channels. But we are not alone. We have, in our possession, the entire cast of Rudolph. And every year, LG gets them out of their plastic tub in the basement closet, to watch the show. A cast party, I guess you could say. Then they stay out the rest of the season to play. Here they are, assembled last Friday night to watch their glory days.

the gang's all here

These folk were part of a promotion that Rite Aid drug stores offered some years back. I remember that some of them were elusive, and Aunt Jen in Maryland and Granny in North Carolina diligently hunted them down. I don't know what year it was, but it was long enough ago that a toddling LG called Yukon Cornelius, "Chew-pon Bee-nee-lee-us," so of course, that is still his name. Chewpon.

Another tradition we have is one that comes from our church. Every year, the kids in the Sunday School make paper Advent chains. One paper link in the chain for each day of Advent. On each piece of paper in the chain is written an assignment for the reader to do on that day. For example, "Sing Joy to the World," or "Pray for those who have no homes. Donate some money or food to the Food Bank," or "Call someone who lives alone and wish them Merry Christmas. If they're not home, sing 'We Wish You a Merry Christmas' on their answering machine." Good stuff. The Advent chain is residing on the tiny Advent tree in our kitchen right now. The tree gets a new tiny ornament every day.

Advent chain

And here's a tradition that we don't do, but I've always admired. The reason we don't do it is because another family in our church originated it, and it was sort of "their thing." When their children were small, they would save up empty toilet paper rolls and then fill them with small candies and toys, then wrap them up with the wrapping paper gathered beyond the ends of the roll and tied with ribbon, so they looked like "Christmas crackers." Then the kids would give out the wrapped presents to anyone and everyone at church, usually on Christmas Eve. But you could do it at school, in the neighborhood, wherever. I once asked the mom where they got that tradition, and she said that it was important to her that her children have the experience of giving to people from whom they had no expectation of receiving anything in return. I liked that. Giving just to give, not to "exchange" gifts.

And one more tradition. We discovered some years ago, quite by accident, that Santa has a tradition at our house. When LG was a preschooler, Santa actually borrowed some of OUR wrapping paper on Christmas Eve. He left LG's presents, with tags that clearly indicated they were to her, from him, BUT she recognized the wrapping paper as some she had seen in our closet! And, bright child that she is, she concluded that Santa will use your wrapping paper if you leave it out for him, but ONLY that which has his picture on it. He takes that to mean, "It's yours if you want it." Makes sense to me. Ever since then, we've left out a roll of paper with Santa's face prominently featured on it. We don't wrap any of our gifts to each other in that kind of paper. So now Santa doesn't have to tell us what is from him. We can tell by the "signature" giftwrap. (I love Christmas.)


When I Don My Gay Apparel

At some point, I'll wear my "Kids Need a Stable Background" sweatshirt that I showed you last year. I also have a thing for fun, but tacky holiday jewelry. Like rhinestone Rudolph earrings and colored lightbulb necklaces:

jewelry

Almost every year I add to my little collection. Last year I even tried my hand at making some holiday jewelry, which I believe might be on display this year at Bucky's place.


What I'm Giving

Oops, I almost forgot! These are a couple of gifts that I will be giving this year:

gifties

Most of my shopping has been online, for better and for worse. I found these two little somethin's: a no-battery flashlight, that actually works and is quite bright. Only $7 -$8. And a box of three Philosophy (I LOVE Philosophy) lip glosses: "the ginger bread man, the milk man, and the ice cream man" are the three good men inside. You can give the whole box to one someone, or take them out of the box for stocking stuffers, about $25 for all three.


So, that's my party today. Stay as long as you like. If you don't have a blog, tell us about your holidaying here. If you do have a blog and you're joining in the Cookie Exchange today, leave a note and I'll come visit. I hope everyone who visits here will visit everyone else who extends an invitation, too.

Oh, and if you missed the invitation last week, this will get you started. Tell us:

Favorite holiday recipes
Special traditions
Favorite gift to give
What you wear when you don your gay apparel :)

Thank you for stopping in. Merry Christmas. Surf safely ;) xxx

57 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger WILLIAM said...

I am just here to get drunk and people watch. I will be over in the corner.

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

This will probably sound cheesy, but I just want to tell you how much I enjoyed reading that.

Thank you, Susie,...for just being You.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed it too. There's so much to comment on! I'll try to narrow it down . . .

I love that your friend delivered all those cookies to you. I have a friend who's going through a divorce, and she can use all the help she can get, trying to make the holidays good for her 7 year-old. What a great idea!

How can hot chocolate *NOT* be good when you put sweetened condensed milk in it?

Mmmmm . . . Sparga (pronounced "shparga"--it's German, and we in Sharkeyville usually use it instead of the English version. it just sounds cooler).

I love that LG gets out all the Rudolph characters to watch the show! That's awesome.

I plan to be fashionably late to the party, but my post today does have a link to a recipe I want to try. Partial credit?

 
Blogger Susie said...

william, that's fine, honey, just park your drunken butt in the corner. You will see many gorgeous and fascinating people, I am sure. Here's one now...

ladybug, cheese is always welcome here :) And you make me sing, "I gotta be meeeeeeeeeeee."
I love you, ladybug. (I love william too, even if he is drunk at 11 a.m. and I think he's stuffing cookies in his pockets.)

hi, shawkey! If you cookie your friend, she might cry a little bit, I know I did :) Fashionably late is fine, and yes, you will get credit for the linkage. I'm German on my Dad's side, but I don't know sparga. You must enlighten me.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie, I'm not worthy! Your list is so fabulous!!!

The hot chocolate sounds great. The asparagus rollups made my mouth water. The sweet story about giving without the expectation of receiving, warmed my heart.

Thanks so much for extending the invitation. I'm looking so forward to reading everyone's post.

Oh yeah, mine's up at my place.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

While this is NOT my Mom's recipe, I'm sure it's fairly close. She hasn't made it in probably a decade, but I still love it. This recipe I snagged from the net to make up for a copy of her recipe I don't have. (But could easily get if I weren't so darned much of a slacker.)

POTATO CANDY

2 (1 lb.) boxes powdered sugar
1/2 c. hot mashed potatoes, drained
1 sm. jar crunchy peanut butter

Mix sifted sugar into potatoes a little at a time by hand. (Don't panic when potatoes liquify as the first sugar is added. This is what it's supposed to do. Just keep adding sugar until it is pastry consistency.) Sprinkle wax paper with additional powdered sugar. Take baseball-sized ball of mixture and roll out like pastry. Spread with peanut butter and roll like a jelly roll. Wrap rolls in plastic wrap; chill and slice. Makes two rolls.



Yeah, I know. Not cookies. Sue me. :P

I have a Christmas post that's nearly finished, but not sure when I'll post it. Just gonna have to keep your eyes peeled.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

I'm here for the party!!! And I'm not leaving till they throw me out... Oh wait, I never did like that song. Anyway, I have a blog, but I haven't the time to make merry there, so I just came by to snag some cocoa for my peppermint schnapps, and tell you that you're the best sister a girl could ever have! Oh, and I'll drop by a recipe later today if I have time. Cheers everyone!

OMG! My word ver. is "axgod". Oooh, I already know what question, too. Cool!

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Oh..waith a minuth..I has a resesscipe...Ingredients. 1 Rockth glasss. 3 ice cubeth and 1 bottle..wait..1 half bottle of vodthka. Put ice in glass, pour in vod (hic)ka and drink. Repeat as necessarrry.

 
Blogger Maven said...

Susie, I'm going to be a Late-Kate entry tonight. Bare with me:) I'll put up a full on post, and perhaps some pictures too. I just need to do it late tonight (after 10 p.m. NY time), so I can have some baking privacy.

I'll be posting my blog cookie exchange stuff at Turdmania

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a dork and left out part of my comment (hard to believe, since it was so long!).

Sparga=Asparagus

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah I was wondering what the heck Sharkey was talking about in her first comment. Okay, no more mojitos for you young lady!

I'm really enjoying the party Susie! If you have time and can sneak away you're more than welcome to stop by my place. It's fun but probably not as wholesome as your party :-)

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Woot. Soozie Q is here..ans so isth eclectic...Let's do the ECLECTIC Slide (boogie woogie woogie)

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Ah, now I know what the Cookie Exchange is all about. I did a recipe but not much more. Wait till next year!!

 
Blogger The Narcissist said...

I enjoyed the entry so much, and while I can't compete, I did try my best at my place.

I love the toilet roll idea and am definitely going to give it a whirl next year.

Thanks for the party! I ate the cookies with my eyes. Yum!

 
Blogger Platypus said...

Thanks for the lovely post Susie. I always enjoy hearing what other people do for Christmas. I've posted mine over at my place.

William, you can come over but only if you promise to stay drunk. ;0)

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Chewpon keepsss staring at me.

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Ever since I saw your post LAST year I have wanted to participate in your Cookie Exchange. But I felt I needed guidance so I used a Christmas meme I found at Sharkey's. I'm hoping you have time to drop by and view my humble effort.

 
Blogger Becky said...

I'm so sorry! I left a comment on the wrong post! PLEASE, it's not too late, come to my party too! I have plenty of cookies left!

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Happy cookie party, sis! You always do throw the best Christmas bash...

Did William leave me any tequila?

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Tequila? Ooooh, that sounds better than cocoa and shnapps. Here Bucky, have some lime and salt.

***slaps hand away***

No William, you've had enough, Pal. I'm brewing you some coffee. ;)

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

(William sneaks a flask of Bailey's out of his pocket for the coffee)

 
Blogger Kentucky Brat said...

I also enjoyed reading this.. you are right up there with the best of the best of the bestest people with the most positive attitudes.

Merry Christmas and may this be your most wonderful upcoming year yet.

always in my thoughts

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Susie, I love your post. This is great. I got a bit choked up about the cookies that were given to you, how sweet.

My life has been hectic, and little crappy work-wise, lately, so I forgot that today is the 2nd Annual Blog Cookie Exchange. I am working on it and will have something before I go to bed tonight.

 
Blogger Opera Gal said...

william is going to need a bucket pretty soon.

 
Blogger Susie said...

Dear Friends who have beta.blogger, I can't comment on your sites! Not as myself, and sometimes not even as anonymous :(
I'll try again tomorrow, don't know what's up with that.

hemlock, your party was quite delightful, thank you very much.

mrB, as is so often the case, you pose a dilemma. This is a very interesting confection, BUT I loves me some mashed potatoes. Do I love sweets more than mashed potatoes? I just don't know, mrB. Who knew this day would get so complicated?

eclectic, hi, honey :) I hope when you axGod, God says yes. And I hope He doesn't correct your pronunciation. But God wouldn't do that, because He hears all sorts of things.

william, yes, only as necessary. You might wanna slow down . . .

maven, OK, anytime. This just gets curiouser and curiouser. So we'll be coming to get cookies at a turd factory? mmmkaaayyyy...

shawkey, well sure, I might've figured that out, in a bit. I like sparga better. Easier to say.

soozieq, thank you, love. Your party was plenty wholesome. Very enjoyable.

william, you move like a gazelle (who's been evicted). *snork*

hoss, so far, I think you had the oddest recipe, with the chocolate and the pepper.

rebecca, if I could learn to eat cookies with my eyes, I could buy smaller pants. Good idea :) I'll come see you.

platypus, I loved Christmas at your house. I have to track down how to make a flaming pudding, now. I'm supposed to be English on my mom's side, but I don't know of a single Christmas pudding flamer in the family.

william, we don't want no trouble in here...

karen, nice to see you! I'll be there :)

beckyd, I did see your other comment this morning, but blogger was being mean to me. The chocolate and toffee cookies were calling my name, there ;)

bucky, thank you! Glad you're here. Would you mind going to the "spirits" store? William has put quite a dent in our supply, here. Not that I mind . . .

eclectic, then we'll just have a wide-awake drunk. I never knew that dance was named after you. Boogie woogie woogie

william, hey! Is that the new Bailey's with a hint of caramel?

kybrat, well that is up there with the sweetest of sweet comments AND your eyes are gorgeous!!

squirl, don't stress, honey. I'll come over whenever you're ready :)

 
Blogger Susie said...

operagirl, I missed you there! He is quite adventurous with his combining, there, isn't he? This could get intense...

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Posted finally. :)

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Second wind here kickin in. Susie you throw the best darn partiezzz. I love the X-ray window shade decorashunss. And I am so glad to find out when I ued the bafrtoom that we each had are own labeled TP. (Imean c'mon Bucky admitted the other day she has Syphyliss.) And another thing..I am so glad no one broke out the naked twister...and...and..I love you guys..(sob) no really..I so do...and.....SnzzzzzzzSnzzzzzzz Snzzzzzz...snzzzzz

 
Blogger Effie said...

Looks like I missed out on all the eggnog with rum--William got it, but then I couldn't have it right now anyways! I played!

I use pickled asparagus spears (you can get them at costco) and any type of tasty deli meat--salami works just as well as smoked ham and a nice soft cheese so it will wrap nicely around the asparagus. Stick a toothpick in the centre and you're done and BOY are they good! Yours look fancier than mine though!

Great party girl! I started late but I'm here for the long-haul!! I won't be winning the limbo tonight though--sheesh, my back is starting to feel it!

Hugs & Love!

 
Blogger Naomi said...

I'm coming to crash the party a little on the late side...and I have yet to find the cookie recipe--which one of you swiped the makings of my gingerbread??? (Or the toppings...mmmm)

Hope you had a great party day! Sorry I was late-crazy day!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stopping by a little late - possibly as the newer neighbor to say that ham receipe looks fantastic. I think I will try it for Sunday!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say we all drink a toast to Susie.

Cheers!

 
Blogger Character Builder said...

Hi Susie,

I came here through my sister, Sharkey. I've been reading you for a while now, and have never commented, but I couldn't resist mentioning a tradition I heard about on the radio the other day. People were calling in and telling about their Christmas traditions, and one lady said that a few years back, she had used a large white tablecloth for the meal. I don't know exactly how it came about, but she had everyone who was there for the holiday, sign the tablecloth and maybe leave a comment or a memory. Every year, she gets out that same tablecloth, and everyone signs it again. I thought that was the neatest idea...especially if you've lost family members over the years.

Merry Christmas!

 
Blogger Kranki said...

The 'Cookie Bake-off So You Don't Have To' was soooo sweet. You so deserve to be spoiled. I am so glad you have yummy things at your house. I sorta participated in the party at my place. There are no recipes. And...um...no traditions of any importance....Christmas is pretty mellow at my house...

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Hi, Susie! I will try the hot chocolate recipe. Thanks!

I'm not much of a cook, but I have one very special recipe that I just posted over at my place. I know I'm late for the party, but it WAS fun!

 
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Hey, Susie!
Sorry I'm late, but I'll help you clean up.
*cleans up around the room, pets VBD, drives William home*
I'm back.
My favorite cookie recipe? Anything to do with shortbread is my favorite recipe.
It's so easy to make, plus it tastes so much better when it's homemade. I like to find different kinds of jam to put in the center of my shortbread cookies just to keep it interesting.
Lemon curd is best, but I may be biased. ;o)
Thanks for being you.
You are awesome! :oD

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful post, Susie. Thank you!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I like to be 'fashionably late' but this is just ridiculous! It's been a busy day and I'm ready for bed now...I didn't even have to have a drink to SnzzzzzzzSnzzzzzzz Snzzzzzz...snzzzzz like William! Great party sweetie...I'll see if I can come up with something for you this weekend maybe? The cookie thing for you got me a bit weepy too. What a special gift. You, of course, ROCK! Merry Christmas honey.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

You'll have to try it. If you get it just right, you'll know because it won't be a sticky mess. You'll be shocked that you don't taste a single tater. MMMMMM!

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Man, do I have a headache.

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, and a lovely post it is :)

william, yea, I thought the medical window treatments were festive, too. Someone took my t.p., even with my name on it! We love you, too, man. WAKE UP! It's limbo time!

effie, I don't do pickled anything; not even pickles. blech. I liked your party, though :)

naomi, welcome, you were right on time. That's the good thing about unreal parties, the door's always open ;) I enjoyed yours, too.

michelle, thanks for coming. I don't like those little asparagus things, but everyone else likes them a lot. I hope your peeps enjoy them. Simple, but labor intensive. Allow time.

kalki, thank you, my dear. And here's to you. Looking forward to seeing what K thing you come up with at your place.

cb, I didn't know you were Sharkey's sister, that's cool, she's a keeper. I do like that tradition; in my family, people might fight over it . . . have to take turns, from year to year, who got custody of it ;)

kranki, I like a mellow Christmas day. Some of the best Christmases I've had have been all day pajama days, with music and books.

lynn, oh, yea, the um, green stuff. You might get us healthy is we're not careful ;)

MoDis, and I thank you for being you. AND for cleaning up and driving William home. Hope your car is OK. Shortbread is really one of the wonders of the world, in my book. Very good stuff.

ssnick, you're welcome, and thank you for stopping in :)

traci, any time you want, just let us know. Thanks for coming!

mrB, alright, let's get serious. When you say "mashed potatoes," are we talking peeled potatoes that have been boiled and then smushed, OR are we talking "prepared" mashed potatoes, that have been whipped with butter and milk and whatnot?

william, I was a little worried about you. Mimosa?

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Boiled and mushed.

 
Blogger Ern said...

Thanks for having me to your party! It was a lovely way to start my day. I'll probably post a cookie recipe later, but for now, I'm late to the lab as it is. Merry Christmas to the Susie Household!

 
Blogger Amy said...

Well this was EXACTLY what I needed this afternoon. A christmas blitzkreig Susie style!

I will do my own later, like tomorrow. But it will be good. I prawmise.

 
Blogger Nina said...

Awwww Sh*t I missed the party. I have been so busy . . . but I'll get something on my blog today or tomorrow.
Federal agents raided a meat processing plant here in Northern Colorado. They took illegal immigrants from the plant. Many people working at that plant are parents, and it's sad to think that (so many) children lost their parents.
Many children were left waiting for parents who never arrived to pick them up from school -parents presumable caught in the early-morning raid. I think it's an incredible tragedy that we would rip apart families like this just two weeks before Christmas.
Most of the children were born here and are U.S. citizen. Three hundred missing parents and a bunch of traumatized children.
It leaves me wishing they would have waited until after the first of the New Year.
Did I say I have been busy? :)

 
Blogger Susie said...

mrB, got it. And it's just weird enough that I'm sure LG and friends will enjoy giving it a try :)

ern, your new profile pic sure is purty. Merry Christmas to the DocErn fam too.

amy, what you do is always good. A blitzkreig, eh? I like that :)

nina, that is horrible. I hadn't heard anything about it :(
Have some hot chocolate. xxx

 
Blogger Ern said...

Yeah, that whole posting thing hasn't been working out for me lately. Thank goodness for my lovely blog friends who still do post. Merry (cookieless) Christmas anyhoo. :) (And thanks about the picture!)

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Don't forget to let me know how much the LOVE it. :)

(You can lie to protect my feelings if you wish, but I doubt it will be necessary.)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I've finally posted my cookie exchange!

Wow, that hot chocolate recipe looks WONDERFUL. I'll have to try that!

I think it's great that your friend baked all those cookies for you. That's awesome... and they LOOK very tasty! :)

I'll sit and make faces at William. I'll also second what Ladybug said. Eclectic, can I please have some of that peppermint schnapps...?

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I forgot to tell you before, in my rush to do my own post, how much I like your pictures. They look so nice and Christmasy. I especially like the one with the presents on the ornaments.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*knock knock* Yeah, ma'am, do you mind if we come in? We have a few questions. You see out there in the squad car, that guy? He says his name is William and he kept mumbling something about sliding on some Eclectic Bucky with sassafras ... yeah, pretty much incoherent. Thing is, we found him running along the street naked except for a pair of reindeer earings. Do these look familiar? Yeah, we thought so. Look, somebody's gonna have to post his bail. He doesn't have a wallet. At least, none we can see, and we're not gonna look any harder than we have. So just come down to the station whenever you can. Thanks.

Hey, pal. The door handles don't work. Give it up or you'll get a shot of the Taser!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh! And the idea about Santa using the wrapping paper with his picture on it that the kids have seen in your closet... BRILLIANT!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Susie, your food pictures are making me VERY hungry. I apologize for having nothing worthwhile to contribute.

 
Blogger Susie said...

ern, you'll have time to post (and make cookies) again some day. In the meantime, I always love it when you drop in :)

mrB, I will definitely let you know :)

ck, welcome, my dear. I'll be over soon to sample your goodies. I put most of those cookies in the freezer, to keep me from "tasting" every single one of them the first day! And that hot chocolate really is yummy :)

squirl, thank you, sis. Those gifts are sitting on two gift bags with pictures of ornaments. I thought it looked pretty cool, too. xxx

officer friendly, we're gonna have to take up a collection to get him out; thing is, we're kinda broke from Christmas shopping, but we'll have him sprung from the joint by New Year's . . . hey, can I get my earrings now?

ck, look at you, how CUTE you are! Thanks, I like that, too. A spontaneous, new tradition.

mainine mom, I like it when my food makes people feel hungry. Have all you want :) Don't be silly, your company here is a very worthwhile contribution. It's nice to see you!

 
Blogger Nina said...

Posted finally. :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog! I think the freedom from "have to" is one of the absolute best gifts one can give.

I just got my Yukon Cornelius, Snow Monster, Rudolph, Clarice, and Frosty dolls out of storage. I'm having difficulty convincing my three-year-old that I didn't buy them for him--that I've had them since before he was born. Putting them back after Christmas is going to be a little dicey.

 
Blogger Brianna said...

Bit of a late entry for my mom's Cappuccino Cookieshere

 


Post a Comment

<< Home