header image

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Another Sad Note

Those of you who've read here for a while will remember my friend, SierraBella. She hasn't posted much in recent months, having chosen to spend more time and energy on "real life," real loved ones. A good choice, as it turns out. Very sadly, I learned yesterday that her husband recently died, suddenly, unexpectedly. I knew some of you would want to know.

May you feel the love and comfort of friends, now, SierraBella. May you be lifted by their prayers.


file under: &Neighborhood Watch

8 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger eclectic said...

It's sobering, isn't it? Life is tenuous, even if it doesn't seem so. Thankfully, we have great examples here of how to live and love in the present moment. It doesn't tame the pain of loss, but it does offer comfort. You're good peeps, Susie.

 
Blogger Susie said...

It is, eclectic, the sobering and the tenuous. As I "preached" to a dear blogfriend yesterday, "nothing is worth more than this day." I fear we can only fully understand that in hindsight; but I'm really trying to keep it in mind all the time. SierraBella advises us well, to say "I love you" while we can. You're good peeps, too, Shari, and I do love you. I know that like me, you hurt from the helplessness we feel for SierraBella, Bucky, Squirl -- for not being able to take care of something for them, really help them somehow. But I know, and I know that you do, too, that kind comments really do help. So that's what we'll do, and encourage others to do.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Susie,
Eclectic said it best with the word Sobering. It is funny (not hah ha funny) when sad things happen to Bloggers. It is almost like when someone famous has a tragic thing happen in their life. We don't know them but our hearts go out to them and it gives us a moment to reflect on our own lives. I ge tthe feeling that people who do NOT blog miss out on these opportunites more often than those of us who do.

Thank you.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh... that is so very sad. I was just thinking about her the other day, wondering how she was doing.

Oh my... well, love and hugs and prayers to her, as well. My prayer list is getting longer and longer these days... I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not.

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

Hi Susie and everybody.
It's so odd to see myself blogged. Too bad it wasn't because I did something heroic, or even named in some celebrity scandal...
Thank you and your readers for all the love!
I think we need some happier news around here though.
(Quick, somebody, get pregnant or something, ok?)

Linda

 
Blogger Susie said...

william, yea, I know what you mean. All such things remind us of how very much alike we all are -- we all long for, and hurt from the same things. I'm a little biased, but I think the very nicest people pass through this here blog ;)

ck, I know. I'm so glad SierraBella commented here, because I'm out of the habit of checking her blog, and it could have been weeks before I knew.
Talking to God is always a good thing :)

sierrabella, you are so much more than welcome. There are a few pregnant bloggers -- Andrea, Torrie, Effie, and one more that I don't know whether she's publicly announced yet . . .
You make a good point. So, as soon as you're up to it, go and get yourself embroiled in a celebrity scandal and I will blog the heck out of it! And we KNOW you can do it ;)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, I've typed and erased my words several times now...the truth is, I don't even know what to say this morning. I'm sorry for your friends loss. It sucks totally. Thank you for pointing the way to her blog.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

You have the biggest heart!

I'm putting off getting ready for my mom's funeral right now. And I couldn't think of a better way to avoid the inevitable. :)

Love and hugs!

 


Post a Comment

<< Home