header image

Sunday, September 17, 2006

walking home in the rain

rainy day roses

rainy day rocks

rainy day hedgehog

Sunday Post ~ "The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears." -- Native American Proverb


Psalm 126
(Thanks, Nick :)

35 heads are better than one . . .

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My rats ass has finally figured out how to post!
and I am giving it to you!


Thank God for tears.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Those rainbows are hard won.

Wonderful quote. Have a wonderful Sunday, sis!

 
Blogger Squirl said...

BTW, I love those shots, especially the one under the umbrella. :)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Great pics, Susie. Love you.

Happy Sunday.

 
Blogger Nina said...

Oh yes . . . I always like me some American Indian Proverbs . . . does my heart good.
Happy Sunday Susie!
Love ya!

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Ok, so like, the hedgehog is looking over a four leaf clover and you've nearly got raindrops on your head, but um, is that a rock?

 
Blogger eclectic said...

My goodness, Susie! Don't you think posting a picture of your shiny, wet 'hedgehog' is... *ahem* ... a bit bold? ;)

Hope the rainbow is a full double. Love you.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pix as usual sweet one. I hope your Sunday is a peaceful as they look. Love you.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Happy Sunday to you Susie. Great pictures.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I'll see your raindrops on roses and raise you whiskers on kittens.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

And I was so sure Bucky would say something about the hedgehog...

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie,
I hope you had beautiful weather there like we had here in Beantown. Hope your weekend was at least a little bit peaceful.

I'll share one of my favorite quotes with you. Regarding hope, of course!

Hope is the thing with feathers That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words And never stops at all.
--Emily Dickenson

It's a good thing it's a tune without words, because I am a TERRIBLE singer.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Where do you find all these wonderful quotes? You are brilliant.

It is raining here too.

 
Blogger Judypatooote said...

I didn't know that Squirl was your Sister......no wonder your pictures are so beautiful....she also takes those great pictures.... it must run in the family.....lol

I hope your feeling better, I just thought I'd stop by and check up on you......Bless ya girl.....

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick somehow has the right verse at the right time.

I really like the pictures you posted, and hope you have some rainbows soon.

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

I was actually going to say I like the hedgehog. But... now I don't want to. [Pout]

So instead I'll say I like the quote. Thanks for the inspiration, Susie.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Good Monday morning, Susie! May this week bring you unexpected blessings!

 
Blogger Effie said...

I saw this post and became misty-eyed yesterday--no real reason--just because.

Hugs to you, my dear!!

I'm reminded of one country song by Amanda Wilkinson that says:
"It's Ok to cry,
let those teardrops slide,
don't keep it all inside--it's OK to cry!"

Loving your pics--everything looks a little different in the rain!

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

Love, hugs and prayers, Susie.

 
Blogger Susie said...

rainbow, thanks, you and your rat's ass ;)

squirl, true, they don't come easily. I liked taking pix from under the umbrella :)

ck, thanks, hope your weekend was happy.

nina, I like me some, too :)
Lotta wisdom, there.

mrB, if you're referring to the um, rock, yea, it's a rock. Except we call it a dinosaur egg. It used to belong to my father.

eclectic, a hedgehog is just a hedgehog. I have a few of them in my yard, and a few in my house. When it rains, the ones in my yard do get shiny and wet. Deal with it.

traci, it was a quiet Sunday. That's about the best I can say.

william, thanks :)

bucky, I didn't even think that until you said something. I'm partial to the brown paper packages tied up with strings.

lynn, I'm out of the hedgehog euphemism loop; as far as I know, a hedgehog is a cute, whimsical critter; shows up in Jan Brett books . . . that's all I got.

she, I've always liked those words, "the thing with feathers."

kranki, aw, not so brilliant. I hear things, write down things, but mostly go to quoteland.com or brainyquote.com

judyp, thanks :) Yea, squirl and bucky adopted me and eclectic . . . probably others, too. No sisters in my original family, but I got some good ones, now.

peaches, yea, he does. Hope you're doing well.

karen, it's OK to like the hedgehog. I love hedgehogs. They're just hedgehogs.

ssnick, thanks. I hope your day and week go well, too.

effie, I know why you teared: because you're a MUSH! Takes one to know one :) AND because you're a pregnant mush. I like rain, always have.

ladybug, backatcha, sweetie :)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Susie, Rainbow's comment reminded me. I'm thinking of changing it to a Rat's Badonkadonk...

As for the "dinosaur egg" that belonged to your father... did you just call him a dinosaur?

And, sweetie, if you want your Hope with feathers, just say the word. I'll fire up Paint Shop Pro in a heartbeat for you, you know that...

 
Blogger dashababy said...

I'm covetting your rain right now.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I knew that rock was a rock!! I so rock and picking out the rocks!!

*walks outside pointing, and mumbling to self*

rock!

rock!

TREE!

car?! *splat*

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Aww man... I know it's just a hedgehog. But where's the fun in that?! Next, you'll be telling Bucky that monkeys are just, well, monkeys. *sigh*

Hope you've got reasons to smile today, Susie.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Susie, about that hedgehog thing? See the Sunday Post for Aug. 20. Bucky left a comment that really made me laugh! I wondered what you would say. Perhaps something classically Susie such as: *blink* *blink*

 
Blogger Susie said...

ck, ass is much easier to spell :) My Dad did sometimes resemble a T-Rex, now that I think about it. My hope is fine. I think when everyone puts on their boas, that'll take care of the feather part ;)

dashababymama, we were back to mid-summer weather today. But the rain was nice while it was here.

mrB, who's a smart boy!? YOU ARE! (But be careful out there!) And, you made me laugh my Eddie Murphy laugh. I was alone, so that's OK.

eclectic, I've been telling Bucky for . . . years? It might really be a couple of years, now, that a monkey is a monkey . . . a primate . . .

lynn, I went back and looked, and yep, there's Bucky offering to polish my hedgehog. She's helpful, like that ;)

 
Blogger I'm not here. said...

A monkey is a private?
Oh...a primate!
Never mind. Misread that one.

*goes off to scrape Mr. Bloggerific off the road before he scares the tourists*

Lots of love and rainbows to you and yours. (((hugs)))

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Oh man, I LOVE Eddie Murphy's "Raw". (that sounds wrong, but I hope you know what I mean)

Thank you, Momentarily Distracted. :)

 
Blogger Susie said...

MoDis, some monkeys are private, some are pub(l)ic.
Thank you for the clean up. BUT, your comment reminded me of a girl who used to live next door to me, waaaaay waaaay back, telling me about a car accident in which her (late) brother had to be raked up off the road. I have no idea whether there was any truth to that, and had forgotten it until the unfortunate Bloggy splattering incident here. Hmmm.

mrB, if that's the one where he talks a lot about his childhood, I love that one, too. So poor he had to wear a Twister mat to school: "The other kids were spinning the spinner and kicking my ass!"

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

"But I want MacDonalds! I don't want no green pepper burger! Whaaaaaaaaa!"

 
Blogger Unknown said...

"I have some ICE CREAM, and you don't HAVE NONE..."

 
Blogger Susie said...

mrB and ck,
I got some ice cream!
Ah ah ah ah ah!

This is MY house!!!!

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

"Half?! Whatchew mean you want HALF?!"

"I want half, Ed-deeeee!"

 
Blogger Susie said...

mrB, one more! I loved the part where the aunt comes over for the cookout, I think, and she falls down the stairs. It's all, "boompada boompada, boompada, 'help me, Lord! oh, help me, Jesus, I'm falling down the steps!' boompada boompada, boompada," and that goes on for what seems like 20 minutes, then "help, me Lord, I'm half-way down!" heeeee

And, "Now THAT'S a fire!"

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*giggles*

 


Post a Comment

<< Home