header image

Sunday, July 16, 2006

porch1

porch2

Sunday Post ~ "In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit." -- Albert Schweitzer


Hebrews 10:23-25


file under: &Sunday Post

25 heads are better than one . . .

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As usual, beautiful. Thinking of you tonight my friend.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

spurring others towards good deeds is what you do.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Susie, you are one of those people who can rekindle the inner spirit in people. William's right. You do spur others on to do good works. And here we are assembled together again at Susie's. :)

Love and hugs, sis!

 
Blogger Nina said...

Love the quote ~ I am very thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. That includes you, dear one!
Happy Sunday with love.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thinking of you and your inner fire Susie!

Hugs!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Loverly photos, Susie darlin'. Good quote. And I hope the day that's drawing near is the day you get an official diagnosis, pet.

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I love that part where the man of the house makes the coffee: He brews.

 
Blogger Susie said...

traci, God bless you. Your gifts couldn't have arrived at a better time. Having a very droopy weekend, but your thoughtfulness was absolutely a bright spot, my dear. I'll send a proper thank you, but just wanted to say so here, too.

william, when I become almost famous, I want you to be my PR person.

squirl, thank you, my sister. And what a fine group we have here today ;)

nina, all the same, back to you, my friend.

ck, you're pretty firey yourself, girl ;) (Thinking of my flaming bovine ;)

jim, thank you, and I like your new guy, there. I'm hoping for something new this week. Seeing new docs, hopefully with new ideas, and I even have some theories of my own that I'm a little excited about.

hoss, I love that part, too ;)

GROUP HUG! Such a tough weekend, but you all made me smile. xoxox

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding us of God's faithfulness. The Gerber daisies are breathtaking. -Katy

 
Blogger eclectic said...

I'm smiling at you. A really bright, warm, genuine smile. Just for you. Funny, though... there are tears in my eyes. I think that means I love you so much it hurts.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Those pottted flowers are wonderful. Continuing to send good vibes your way.

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

This wonderful post made me happy. I love your flowers. I love the quote. It's all good. (And so are you.)

 
Blogger Effie said...

Purty flowers--yours?

We did some in the heatwave yesterday...

I was thinking of you off and on all weekend--I hope you're having a good day today! You're in my thoughts and prayers more often than you know!

Hugs to you!!

 
Blogger Effie said...

when I said "some", i meant "some gardening" in the heatwave--got distracted!

Busy stuff here!

I need a vacation--you wanna come? All the relaxing and sun and chocolate you can handle....we could go on a cruise! What do you think? It could be a blogger cruise--THAT would be a blast! And somehow, you'd feel amazingly wonderfully better too...

 
Blogger Effie said...

ok.

I'm a kook. It's Monday--what do you expect??!!

Nevermind--take care is all--we love ya...

*~MWAH~*

 
Blogger Susie said...

hey, katy, you are most welcome. Anything I write here on Sundays is usually me preaching to myself. The daisies are new for us, haven't tried them before, but they're doing fine :)

eclectic, I love you back. You are a treasure, my sister.

kranki, usually I am pretty conservative with flowers out front, not too too many colors. This year, I needed a lot of color. Keep vibing, baby :)

karen, thank you so much, what a lovely thing to say. That makes me feel good that it had some meaning for you :)

effie-the-kook, you are adorable :) I knew what you meant, and YES, I do SO want to take a vacation. Already had to cancel one :( I'm hoping to get well enough to do something fun soon. A cruise with chocolate sounds fine.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

So, I'm back today, and I'm thinking "You know what Susie needs. To see Tim McGraw. That man can light a fire..."

 
Blogger hemlock said...

Susie:

I haven't checked in on your site for a while, but I wanted to let you know that I am sending lots of good vibes your way. Effie sent me your way.

I've never posted as Hemlock here before, but I have been around.

Be well Susie.

 
Blogger dashababy said...

Just stoppin' by to say "Hi" and see how you are. I was happy to get a report of sorts.
I'm still hoping and praying everything turns out just fine.

 
Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

Beautiful flowers for a beautiful Susie spirit.

I'm thinking such good thoughts for you, Sweetie.

Sending you big ol' monster hugs.

 
Blogger Judypatooote said...

The flowers are beautiful, and the quote is so true....I hope your feeling better my friend.....

 
Blogger sometrouble said...

I just wanted to step out and say "hi" instead of lurking. I was browsing blogs today, and came across yours. Read a bit, and was moved by the stuggles you are dealing with and your amazing strength in the face of it. Keep your eyes on God, he will be faithful to you! You will be in my prayers!

 
Blogger Susie said...

ck, as always, you make me smile. So you would prescribe Tim McGraw? Beats anything else anyone has prescribed.

hemlock, you are a lovely tree, but I must say, when I first saw your name, I had other thoughts. It was that bad a day. Thanks for visiting, and for the encouragement. I do so appreciate it.

dashababymama, thank you, darlin'. I'm still hoping, too.

plummie, it's so nice to see you. Thank you for the monster hugs. Never too many of those.

judyp, thank you so much; bless your heart.

sometrouble, when I saw your name, I thought, "I already got THAT!" But then I saw your pic, and I think it's a very fitting name :) You look like some good trouble. I'm glad you delurked. I am struggling a bit, that's true; I don't know about the strength or the amazing, but I'm with you on the God part.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Heh... I would totally prescribe Tim McGraw. Applied liberally, at least TWICE daily, or as often as needed.

Ahem.

 
Blogger Susie said...

Ha, ck, that is the most intriguing treatment plan I've heard. I have a call in to the insurance company right now to see if they'll OK it :)

 


Post a Comment

<< Home