header image

Sunday, June 25, 2006

tigerlily

Sunday Post ~ "That which doesn't kill us . . . is gonna wish that it had." -- Starla Grady, Head Hornette, in the movie "She Gets What She Wants"


2 Timothy 1:7

file under: &Sunday Post

25 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Susie said...

No, friends, I don't know that something is trying to kill me. Something sure is making me mighty sick, though. No news; more scans and -grams and labs coming up this week. I heard the quote here in a silly, but fun movie, and it cracked me up, so thought I'd share it. I like the humor and the "fight" in it. I can use both those things right now. Thanks for stopping in :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That quote is just the attitude you need--I love it!

Still thinking of you and praying for your return to health.

 
Blogger Nina said...

LOL, okay it cracked me up! Keep that attitude close to your heart! Take care of you. Love and Hugs!

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Yup, it's the perfect line! We're all right here behind you in this fight. And I love your picture.

Happy Sunday, Sis!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I have to see the movie.

I hope the MDs come up with a valid diagnosis for you—soon! In the meantime, you remain in my daily thoughts and prayers.

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Very, very pretty picture, Susie.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Hi Susie

 
Blogger MrsDoF said...

The angle for the picture shows a good eye.
It reminds me of the John Denver song _The Flower that Shattered the Stone_.

The quote reminded me of a long ago post on The Onion. from 2002 already?! where did the time go? with many Thanks for search engines.

Here's hopin' you get to feeling better sooner than soon, Miss Susie.
I'm really missing the pictures done by the littluns across the hall, so I know you are, too.

word veri is XCURTS but I won't say what I thought it was at first glance. All the bobbing about is hard with the bi-focals.

 
Blogger MrsDoF said...

I hope you do realize that The Onion is a site which specializes in satire. My friend Kay never gets the jokes whenever I send her a link.

Oh glory, this word veri is more difficult than the last. Maybe I should pay attention to the little cards my optometrist sends every month and make an appointment.

I do this for love, dear Susie. Please feel better soon.

 
Blogger Andrea said...

LOVE that quote :) I like the fight in it too. Glad you still have fight in *you*.

 
Blogger August95 said...

Great picture. You are the flower and the rock. One foot in front of the other is all you can do.

I think this turn of events with our health really sucks. I understand that it is stating the obvious but still, it does really suck.

Wishing and praying for you. Hope your test are revealing and that your energy is up. Hugs Susie.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

If you're fighting, I'm fighting. That's all I'm gonna say. Except I'm gonna add a hug and a "love you, sis."

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The beautiful picture goes great with the quote for the previous week! When you lose your sense of humor then I'll really start to worry about you. Hoping this is the week you turn the corner. Love, Katy

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cracked up when I read the quote. Laughed out loud, very loud. Thank you for that.

The verse brought tears to my eyes. Good tears. Refreshing, hopeful tears.

What Eclectic said- If you're fighting, and Eclectic is fighting, i'm fighting. None of us can stop fighting. Sometimes, a break from the fight gives us more to fight harder.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Susie,

I heart you.

Lots and lots.

You WILL "kill" whatever this is.

Take care,

Kelli

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

Just came over to check up on you lady!
Your sense of humor astounds me.
I'm hoping you read all these comments and realize how much you're loved.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

I like the contrast in the photo. Better than being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Continue to KICK ASS!!! Love ya!

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

excellent quote! hadn't heard that version before...

hang in there chica~

 
Blogger author said...

sorry you still have no answers.
I keep hoping.
Thinking of you.


annie
scribbleandscribe.wordpress.com

 
Blogger Effie said...

Hugs to you my friend...
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Keep that in mind and you will go places, girl! Got any fun tests this week? I get an ultrasound! If I get pix I'll scan them in...

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

I hope you are staying dry.

 
Blogger dashababy said...

I miss you and I'm praying for an answer STAT!

 
Blogger Froggylady said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you...

 
Blogger Buffy said...

Lovely photo. Hope you soon feel better.

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

I love that photo. Daylilies are my favourite flower.

It's so easy to picture you with that kind of "fight". Best wishes for you to find out what's going on so you can start being treated for it.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home