header image

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independence Day!

American Girl
LG, age 2


"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.


... We, therefore, the Representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by the Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States . . ."

Such powerful words. Words that changed the world. Celebrate your freedom.


file under: &Sharing

26 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

OOOOOOHHH, I love the LG picture!

And I'm so glad that you felt up to doing a 4th post. I actually was feeling bad that there wouldn't be one here. It's become a tradition.

Thanks for, again, reminding us what this holiday is all about.

Happy 4th to you and the whole family, sis. :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man . . . the cheeks!!

Thanks for the independence message Susie. I hope you're feeling well enough to enjoy the day. Happy Fourth!

 
Blogger Susie said...

oh squirl, after I read your comment, I went back to see what I did last year. Quoted the Declaration, too, I see. What can I say? I'm patriotic AND sentimental. A predictable combination, on this day. Have a great day, sis.

shawkey, I know, don't you just want to bite them? So far, I'm struggling, but hope to feel better as the day goes on. Happy Fourth to you and yours, too :)

 
Blogger Nina said...

OMG! That picture is adorable! Let Freedom Ring! Happy Independence Day, may we always be free . . . :)
Hugs to you and yours!

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Awe, such a shame. A great opportunity for a perfect picture and here she's got strawberries all over her. Tsk tsk tsk.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful honey. Absolutely beautiful...the baby and the words. Peace.

 
Blogger Nilbo said...

Happy 4th, Susie. That I haven't commented on your frustrations doesn't mean I'm not following them and sending all the best thoughts your way. We miss you in the blog world more than you can know ...

I'm sure that one day soon some doctor will be looking in his first year text and say "Hey, did anybody test this woman for measles? (or something else obvious). And there will be much forehead slapping and much laughter at the next doctor's convention when they say "No, wait .. you did WHAT to that poor woman?"

But you'll feel better, and that's the important thing.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

The bow in LG's hair is a nice touch.

Here is to your's and everyone else's pursuit of happiness.

 
Blogger Susie said...

Yes, nina, may we always be free . . . but not cheap :)

mr.B, yes, so messy, but what can you do?

thank you, traci, and peace to you as well.

nilbo, thank you; I do appreciate your visiting. Feeling better would be a wonderful thing. I can barely imagine it some days; today being one of them :(

william, I was one of "those" moms who slapped a big bow on the kid's head ALL THE TIME. She rebelled in about first grade.

 
Blogger Effie said...

Happy 4th of July--Independence Day--Susie!! What a cute pic of LG--similarities with that pic on the top of your blog....

Hugs and lots o' love!

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Beyootiful chile, ma'am. And a happy Declaration Day to you.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Oh that LG is just too precious -- I wish to smoosh her cheeks, but I will forebear because my own were oft-smooshed by well-meaning and self-restraintless adults in my childhood, and I found it unbearable. Besides, it's America and she should be free from smooshing. But OH!, it's tempting!

 
Blogger eviluncledave said...

All that hair and those cute little cheeks made me smile so much that my cheeks started hurting. I hope you find similar smiles today. Happy Fourth. :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie, LG is beautiful. She looked much like my twins did (now 10) when they were 2. Gotta love those cheeks! Lynn

 
Blogger Nina said...

"Yes, nina, may we always be free . . . but not cheap :)"

I'm Laughing, well sweetheart . . . I know you are not feeling good. But you still have your sense of humor. Thanks! :)

 
Blogger MrsDoF said...

Happy 4th!

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Oh, a little LG photo! She couldn't have been much older here than she was in the "paper towel incident" photo. Adorable, as always.

Here's hoping for freedom from pain and suffering for you!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

And a Happy Independence Day to you and yours!

 
Blogger Susie said...

thanks, effie :) Yea, we've never worried much about her being switched at birth.

hoss, thank you, kind sir, and to you as well.

eclectic, you make a good point, but even in America, there are limits to our freedoms. If you go around with cheeks like that, you forfeit your right to go smoosh-free :)

eud, hmmm, you made people's ovaries hurt with your little monkey; I made your cheeks hurt with my cheeky monkey. We really must all be more gentle with one another. No more hurting.

lynn, aw, that's LG's age, too. I can't imagine two of them! You are blessed, indeed :)

nina, I'm trying, sweetie. Thanks for noticing ;)

mrsDoF, to you, too. And thanks for the wacky Prairie Muffins :)

andrea, you're right, just a few months older, I think.
And as patriotic as I am, I think today I would forfeit my citizenship for the freedom you describe :(

ssnick, thank you, friend :)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Thanks for the cheeky monkey pic...and I actually mean that nicely!

Hugs and a happy 4th to the Fairchild bunch.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey you... Love you Soosie Q-zee. ;)

You're good people.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

She is soooo cute. Hope your 4th was fabulous!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colonel Francis would be proud of the post. Bonus points if you remember the answer to this question: Who was Mr. Francis' political hero? Hint: Abbreviation DPM.

Katy

P.S. L.G. is a cutie-pie.

 
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Absolutely adorable!
I hope you are doing better.
*wellness vibes*
:o*

 
Blogger Vajana said...

Happy 4th, i realize I'm a little late, but i haven't been feeling so hot lately...anyway thank you so much for the comment on my blog, I will keep fighting until they actually LISTEN to me!

Do miss you dearly in blogland :( Sending lots of goodness and happiness to you and yours. And LG is absolutely a little clone. Adorable.

 
Blogger Susie said...

thanks, bucky, hugs back. :)

ck, you're good people, too. Circus people.

kranki, I'm still smiling about your new home :)

katy, no way. I will guess MacArthur? Don't know if he has a "P" or not.

Love to you, too, chchchchia :)

keep the vibes coming, MoDis, and thank you :)

jana, thank you, and do keep fighting. I find that throwing the occasional hissy-fit is helpful, sometimes.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home