header image

Monday, August 15, 2005

Ten Things About Me #4

31. I don't usually curse in realworld. Occasionally, but not usually. Most likely to when I am alone with Jif (not like THAT), when commenting on a news story or what some @*@%(!@%#+ we know did.

32. You are not likely to hear me say the word "boob" in real life, because I hate that word. The word "breast" is just fine with me, as are any of the euphemisms that most people consider more vulgar than the word I hate. I prefer those other terms. I am not sure why this is, and I realize that it is strange in this culture of boobs, boobies, and the like. I think it is an ugly word. I probably find it misogynistic because it nearly always has a negative connotation: the boob tube, a booby hatch (nuthouse). I have used the word in blogworld; it seems the term of choice, and that's OK. I just don't like it, don't say it.

33. My favorite job, other than the ones in mental health, was as a production assistant on the local 11 o'clock news, while in college. I liked that a lot.

34. I have had 9 miscarriages. I don't think I've said that on this blog, although I have said it on others. Someday I may post about it. Or not.

35. I almost didn't get my high school diploma, because I was one of a bunch of seniors, almost all goody-good kids, who vandalized a rival high school. The short version is: the kid who got the paint for us promised it would wash off with water. We thought that even if we got caught, we'd just have to hose off the school; no harm done. Um, no. There was extensive sandblasting, brick-repairing involved. It was quite a scandal, police, the whole enchilada. The moral of the story: don't trust Jon L. to get the paint when you're planning a vandalization (is that a word?)

36. I have not had a beer in . . . . about 27 years. Just never liked it much.

37. I have had dreams, about personal matters and major news events, that have come true. It hasn't happened in a few years, and I am glad because that frightens me a lot. (Think "Medium," but without the deadfolk visiting.)

38. Once, while in Vegas, three nights in a row I dreamed the names of the horses that would win in the next day's races. At first I just gave them to Jif, but word spread and I developed a little following of gambling geezer groupies. Then the dreams just stopped. The groupies left, but Jif stayed :)

39. I get very excited when my Hallmark rewards certificate comes in the mail.

40. I am a very thankful person. I have worked on being that way (still do), because I don't like the alternative, in myself or in others.



And Blogger is being very mean to me; I can't save any drafts, so can't leave to find any links, etc. Just stop it, Blogger!

51 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger WILLIAM said...

#37 is very cool and scary. I have had some these in the past. One involved a shooting where I worked and it happened the next day. I always have deja vu.

#38 is very very cool. Hopefully it paid off. I like the horse track and I would have been one of those groupies. Hopefully I would not fall into the geezer category.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

....First......! *giggle*

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Darn you, William -- and I was so proud....

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I know what you mean about the dreams. I've had dreams that are very specific, about things I have in no way been thinking about or discussing, and then had the exact even happen.

One example: I dreamt I was chewing gum and a filling came out of a specific tooth. Forgot about it. The next day, I popped a piece of gum in my mouth...seconds later the exact tooth from my dream popped out its filling. FReaky.

And, like you, I don't really swear much in real life.
boom
The lightning bolts always know when I lie, the cocksuckers...

 
Blogger Susie said...

william, see, THAT kind of thing drove me nuts. Because I wanted to know how to prevent it, but I never could. I have deja vu a lot, too, and so does my daughter. The horse thing was a hoot, I must say. I was quite a mini-celebrity there for a coupla days.

eclectic, you are too funny. OK, it was a 3-way tie, because both you and William commented in the same minute, and you, TWICE! So that makes you the winner, OK? Sheesh, these kids . . .

bucky, somehow that does not surprise me about you, the dreams, I mean. And like you, sometimes the subject of the dream is something I have no interest in or knowledge of, then I'll see it on the news . . . creepy.

And you make me have to say, in my best Chinese, cocksuckaaaahhh!

 
Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

Blogger is evil. I have dreams about it that come true. No following, though.

So no boobie, huh? How about teats? Is it all inclusive of any word other than breast? This is about Mrtl's post, isn't it? BTW, I prefer to call the girls my "boulder twins."

Susie is a vandal? WOW!

 
Blogger Nina said...

Wow, about the vandalization . . . I have dreams that come true, can drive me crazy at times. I passed this on to my daughter. She has dreams that come true as well.

Wishing I would dream the lotto numbers that are going to win, but no such luck. :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#37 and #39 are true for me, too. And #40, although I do still complain about things.

Thanks for sharing a little bit more of yourself with us!

 
Blogger SRH said...

So, I have theories about time truly being a curved and non-linear space and not just a straight line propogating on forever and ever amen. I think that this aspect of time looping in and out of itself could account for most precognition events and the consistency of deja vu across cultures, but I am a big old math geek.

I too have experienced the whole deja vu issues, but mine seem to be more long term and dealing with those close to me. Nothing that is recallable the next day or anything.

 
Blogger Weetzie said...

Wow Susie! You are special with your premonitions but I never woulda figured you as a vandal! ;)

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Thanks, Susie. I so love to win. But notice me NOT taunting William, 'cause that would be in poor taste. And we do nothing in poor taste here, right?

But the whole dream-come-true subject is fascinating. I don't usually remember dreams until I'm actually in a situation that I recognize from a dream. It's always a bit eerie.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool Susie! I think we all did stuff as kids we wish we hadn't. I don't like beer either. I prefer wine. The dream thing is way freaky, girl! Did you ever see "The Mothman Prophecys?" interesting flick.

cheers!

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

But if you happen to dream who's going to win the next Super Bowl, please do it quick. We get the best odds before the season starts.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Susie, just stopped by to say "Hi", and see if you were back from your long weekend yet.

I see now that you are.

Hi.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even if you're not using Firefox, you can just open another instance of your browser. Then use alt-tab to move among/between the windows that you want. I frequently have 5+ instances going . . . one for my site, one for Flickr, one for Blogger where I'm typing my entry, one for Kristine's site so I can see what the SPF themes are for the week . . . you get the picture.

The production assistant job sounds cool. And how different from what you ultimately ended up doing.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie,
I cannot believe you've had 9 miscarriages. That is horrible. As someone that just had her first, I cannot imagine the heartbreak of having nine. My heart goes out to you. So glad you have your little girl.

 
Blogger Susie said...

crayoneater, no, other breast euphemisms are fine, it's just that one that bugs me. And it's not really mrtl, I mean EVERYBODY is always about "boobs" on here, don'tcha think?
WAS. I WAS a vandal. Um, allegedly.

nina, yea, that was supposed to be a joke, but by the time it was all over, it wasn't funny, it was pretty horrifying, embarrassing, etc., in our small town.
The dream thing can be troubling. I think it is hereditary, or maybe an openness to such things is passed on.

kalki, we know you're thankful. Your complaining is funny; it's not your "essence."

srh, not being a math geek, I have only minimal understanding of what you're saying; still, I think I may agree . . . a lot goes on of which we refuse to be aware.

weetzie, yep, my lone criminal act . . . I think . . . oh, no wait . . .

thank you, lefty_grrl :)

eclectic, it's been several minutes, I'm sure, since anything occurred here that was in poor taste :)

laurenbove, I did see that. SCARY! I like wine, too.

hoss, just as soon as I "hear" something, I'll let you know :)

mrtl, as usual, you confuse me. How about tits, you ask. Well, how about 'em? You've been on a what not to wear kick? And now "tits" are not to be worn? WHUH? Oh, wait, that's a TV show, isn't it? Do they have tits on that show? I'm starting to get it . . .

hi, CK, I checked on you, but didn't comment yet. You need some cookies, I think.

sharkey, I'll try that. My trouble was, I couldn't "save as draft," what I wrote just disappeared. The first time I hadn't copied it, either. So I had to write it all again, and the same thing happened, but at least I had it copied. I've never had the "save as draft" fail before.

anon, thank you very much. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope all goes well for you; take good care. You'll get through this time.

lisabeth, It surely can be hard, some times more than others. There's always something, though. I hope you and yours are doing OK, and that you have a good week, too.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Cookies are good. I'm usually not all that picky when it comes to free chocolate. I'll only have some, though, if you'll have some with me. :)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, and the dream thing... I think that is completely and "openness" issue.

 
Blogger Candy said...

I am such a curser. I blame working in bars for so long. Sometimes a good string of curses is the only thing drunk people seem to understand.

And I say boobies. I sure do. But I say it in a very playful way. Like when my honey has a bad day and he comes home from work and I say oh baby my boobies missed you so much, whose boobies are these? Your boobies! Works every time. But I never seem to use the word to describe anything other then actually boobs. Boobin it up and all that.

What annoys me? When people use the word gay to describe something they dislike. So I compleatly understand your dislike of the word on a personal level.

I have dreams that come true all the time. Its annoying. Also, people should not think too loud around me. If you dont understand that, come hang out with me and you will.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

I just want to say that I will gladly share my "First Commenter" position with Eclectic. And Mrtl is too funny with the "Say Anything" reference.

 
Blogger SRH said...

quick question to you susie.

How do you delete comments? I have been getting some penny stock spam comments on my site and cannot for the life of me find how to delete them.

To clarify my previous post... Think of time as another dimension, just like length width and height. There are physical objects that exist that run through themselves (loop) etc... in the 3 dimensional world. My idea is that... oh wait, this is boring crap. Never mind :)

 
Blogger JR said...

You are very open about yourself, I enjoy reading your posts!

-Justin

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my Hallmark reward certificates too! God, I need to get a life, that is just sad.

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Nine miscarriages. Wow. And sometimes people are horrified when I tell them I've had four (though I just tell them it means I actually have six children; the other four I'll see in heaven). Those must have taken some time to heal from.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Aww William, there you go getting all gracious on me and stuff... *sheesh* ... it just about sucks all the joy out of the competition. I'm so ashamed. *sobs* William was first. I thought I was, but I wasn't... it was William. It was always William. *gulp*

 
Blogger Susie said...

CK, I will have cookies with you. I will "openly" have cookies with you :)

JR, I don't mind you boobin' it up. And I will think quietly around you ;)

william, you are such a gentleman, and mrtl "Paisley Pie" is always way too funny.

srh, I trust you can use your little trashcans now ;)

justin, thank you; many of these other folks here in the room are MUCH more open than I. If you want open, go visiting, you'll be a happy camper :)

deneen, no, it's not SAD! We have a life; we just send lots of cards! :)

andrea, one, four, nine; it's all pretty horrifying when it's your baby, as you know. I guess a thing I had to deal with that those with fewer don't deal with is the "veiled" criticism for continuing to try. That was, shall we say, not helpful.

eclectic, aw, now who's gracious? I'm so proud of you AND william :)

 
Blogger Susie said...

momo, I missed doing the Sunday Post. I'll hook you up next Sunday ;) Well I guess you ARE thankful, missy. I heard what you're up to.

HEY EVERYBODY, MOMO'S EXPECTING!! Let's see, try this, and if that doesn't work, I'll send you somewhere else. Go wish her and hubby and baby some wishes!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunday post, Missed. Check.
Biscuit Friday, Double Missed. Check.

Eventually, I am sure you will get us all back on track.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There'll be two dates on your tombstone
And all your friends will read 'em
But all that's gonna matter is that little dash between 'em..."

Kevin Welch
breast augmentation dallas site/blog. It pretty much covers breast augmentation dallas related stuff.

 
Blogger Susie said...

mrsDoF, aw, I'm sorry to let you down. Biscuit will be back in business this Friday. He even has new eyeholes cut, just for the occasion :)


I got that spam because of the boob stuff, didn't I? Son of a gun. But Kevin, do you really sell unnecessary surgery by talking about someone's tombstone? Who's your marketing person, dude?

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Picking the horses in Vegas? Didn't I see a movie of the week based on your experience -- starring gary coleman or that cute kid who played on webster?

gina
http://findingmygroove.blog-city.com

 
Blogger Susie said...

ha! gina, ohgosh, I hope not. Or at least, I hope Gary Coleman wasn't playing me! heeheeee

 
Blogger Nic said...

My dear blogfriend, sweet Susie sunshine...Eye lub ewe. Bless you for allowing us a personal glimpse into the more personal and private parts of your life.

As for #37, I have had precognitive dreams on occasion. The most memorable one was many years ago well before I worked for Motorola. I was probably 21 at the time. I dreamed I was in a room wearing a blue suit and my glasses and these crappy yellow rubber boots. They were kind of like rain boots. I was listening to a joke that some guy was telling and was in a group of about 4 or 5 people. This room was a little chilly and when I looked to the side there was an automatic sliding glass door on one side and rows of round metalic tube things in the room on the other side of me.

Well 2 or 3 years later when I was working at Motorola, I actually experienced the dream. The same MOS bunny suits with the yellow boots, the exact same joke and all of the same people that were in my dream of a couple of years ago. I was a little freaked to say the least b/c I never had even seen the inside of the "furnace room" (as it was called) nor was working for Motorola even a thought in my mind at the time I dreamed that. I guess I really shouldn't have been freaked b/c it wasn't the first time it had happened, it was just the most vivid of the dreams I had had that actually came true. I'm no longer at Motorola btw.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie the alleged vandal. That is something I never would have guessed.

No beer in 27years? wow. I used to not like beer at all, until I started law school. Its cheap, and refreshing now.
Heck, I hardly drank at all before law school. A glass of wine in a two week period was alot for me. Now, I probably have 6-8 beers a week.

There was a point where I'd have 4-5 beers at least 4-5 times a week. But, figuring things out with my life and being in therapy, it just dosent seem like something I 'need' to do anymore. Go figure.

 
Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

I love learning more about Susie. Too bad Blogger's being a little creep.

Embrace your curse-ability!

 
Blogger Joseph said...

#32) What about Bazoongas? Or Ta-Ta's? NO? Hmmmm. How about..."The LAY-DAYS"?

#34) So glad you never gave up...but I hate to imagine the process for you. I'm so, so, sorry.

#35) Shock! Total shock Susie Fairchild.

 
Blogger Leesa said...

Love #40. Cool list:)

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Now are you sure you don't curse a lot? I think I saw a cock suckaaah somewhere.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Kranki, I'd pay money to hear Susie say "Cock suckaaaaaaah!" like Mr. Wu in Deadwood.

 
Blogger Johnny Blogger said...

#41) I love to blog and I do it alot. How do I do, I'm also a mother and a wife, heck if I got paid by the word...oh forget that, I do get paid to blog. For crying out loud if I have to hear one more houswife, who recently exited her Lexus and McMansion moan to me the same 'ol "...I'm just not happy anymore...he doesn't make me happy anymore..." I'm gonna puke in my Gray Earl. In my practice I sit across the coffee-table from my couched patient with my laptop obscurring half my face (so she can't see the giggles). I tap, tap, tap away 50-minutes under the guise of taking notes "...to study tonight..." Voila-I'm a writer and I get 150 smackers to boot. Like an assembly line I take 'em in and I send 'em on their way with an appointment for the following week, a scip of *.loft or *.zac or sometimes even sugar pills (hee hee).

Dr. Suzie

 
Blogger Susie said...

nic! How are you, sweetie? It always makes me smile to see you here :) Ask most anyone, I totally suck as a blog visitor this summer. I will stop in, just not as soon as I'd like.
That is one freaky dream story :0

shoshie, yea, I've "got your number." A little shrink humor there. It is not surprising that that one seems to fit these days. I read something today about grief never being resolved, just "accommodated," like you rearrange your heart, your mind, to accommodate it, you work around it, live with it. That made some sense to me; I don't think an experience like what you've gone through can truly be "resolved." You take good care; be patient with yourself and the rest of SWLF. XOXO

lawbrat, hmmm, more therapy = fewer beers. I love it when a plan comes together! ;)

plum, you curse so eloquently; some things I just leave to the professionals ;)

greenie, the LAY-DAYS! you crack me up :)

leesa, thank you!

kranki, IF you did see such a thing, I am sure Bucky was in the vicinity. She's a very bad influence on me ;)

summer, I am so HAPPY to see you! I don't find myself all that interesting, but I thank you for that.

bucky, I said it just that way as we were traveling on our last little weekend away. But ONLY when I was describing to Jif how YOU recounted that whole hilarious scene in an email, missy. That scene was much appreciated by both Jif and I -- one of those where, you know it's so wrong, but you have no choice but to laugh. Cocksuckaaaaaaaaahs!

hippo, oh my goodness! Lie down on the couch, here, you are clearly distressed. Pardon me one moment while I pour my tea . . .

 
Blogger Echrai said...

I love these. :) I learn so much about you. Someday I'll steal this sort of post.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

IDB

To drop my pants.

(|)

IDMP=I dropped my pants.

Ha! How does it feel now that the shoe is on the OTHER ass, miss high school vandal?

(yes, I'm jonesing for another post)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Ummm... hellloooo?!

IT'S BEEN THREE DAYS SINCE YOU POSTED!

How the heck am I supposed to catch up on all this procrastinating at work, if you don't update your blog on a regular basis?!

Sheesh... ;)

 
Blogger Susie said...

Everything I work on in blogger evaporates! I can't save anything!

 
Blogger mary bishop said...

I lost a lot of writing on blogger, so I compose in Word and cut and paste into blogger...if I lose it I can just repaste.


Nine miscarrages are more than nine woman should have, never mind one woman.

Hugs to you...

 
Blogger Johnny Blogger said...

Dear Dr. Susie,

Trust me, I’d love to try out your couch…but we have a problem: Gumby! As a child and even to this day Gumby continues to creep me out. Always smiling, waving, happy…GREEN…like an inverted dripping snot. In my dreams it chases me, screaming, in its high pitched squeal “ I’m going up your nose, I’m going up your nose.” I wish I could get over this fear but as Gumby is your icon I don’t feel you are the right therapist for me. If its of any consolance I’m not keen on therapists with glasses either. An alternating dream that still occurs is that of me being chased by Mr Magoo until I plummet over the same cliff, again and again. The haunting echoes of : “Roaaaaaaaaaaad Triiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip” remain with me to this day.

Dr. H.O. Potamus

 
Blogger this.is.damon said...

35. Hey, I almost didn't get my high school diploma either! Only difference in the story is that I didn't vandalize anything, I wasn't particularly a "goody-good kid", and I actually didn't get a diploma ... wow, how weird is that?

37. I'm in the process of writing about this same thing, but the fact that my premonitions are about random nothing that no one cares about!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah! Yep! It's all true, the paint and everything. Good thing I was out smoking and drinking instead of vandalizing with the model students.

Really, Susie, I'm glad it worked out for you to graduate, even if you didn't get your picture on the cover of Rolling Stone. Uh, wait. That wasn't the name of it.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home