Ten Things About Me #4
31. I don't usually curse in realworld. Occasionally, but not usually. Most likely to when I am alone with Jif (not like THAT), when commenting on a news story or what some @*@%(!@%#+ we know did.
32. You are not likely to hear me say the word "boob" in real life, because I hate that word. The word "breast" is just fine with me, as are any of the euphemisms that most people consider more vulgar than the word I hate. I prefer those other terms. I am not sure why this is, and I realize that it is strange in this culture of boobs, boobies, and the like. I think it is an ugly word. I probably find it misogynistic because it nearly always has a negative connotation: the boob tube, a booby hatch (nuthouse). I have used the word in blogworld; it seems the term of choice, and that's OK. I just don't like it, don't say it.
33. My favorite job, other than the ones in mental health, was as a production assistant on the local 11 o'clock news, while in college. I liked that a lot.
34. I have had 9 miscarriages. I don't think I've said that on this blog, although I have said it on others. Someday I may post about it. Or not.
35. I almost didn't get my high school diploma, because I was one of a bunch of seniors, almost all goody-good kids, who vandalized a rival high school. The short version is: the kid who got the paint for us promised it would wash off with water. We thought that even if we got caught, we'd just have to hose off the school; no harm done. Um, no. There was extensive sandblasting, brick-repairing involved. It was quite a scandal, police, the whole enchilada. The moral of the story: don't trust Jon L. to get the paint when you're planning a vandalization (is that a word?)
36. I have not had a beer in . . . . about 27 years. Just never liked it much.
37. I have had dreams, about personal matters and major news events, that have come true. It hasn't happened in a few years, and I am glad because that frightens me a lot. (Think "Medium," but without the deadfolk visiting.)
38. Once, while in Vegas, three nights in a row I dreamed the names of the horses that would win in the next day's races. At first I just gave them to Jif, but word spread and I developed a little following of gambling geezer groupies. Then the dreams just stopped. The groupies left, but Jif stayed :)
39. I get very excited when my Hallmark rewards certificate comes in the mail.
40. I am a very thankful person. I have worked on being that way (still do), because I don't like the alternative, in myself or in others.
And Blogger is being very mean to me; I can't save any drafts, so can't leave to find any links, etc. Just stop it, Blogger!