header image

Monday, August 08, 2005

Doing This Monday Motif Makes Me Absentee*

Brewing makes me tea

Drinking it makes me pee

Drying flowers makes me potpourri

Hearing jokes makes me teeheehee

Arguing makes me referee

Living in this family makes me three

Getting a facial makes me jolie

Swinging makes me wheeeeeee!

Writing this "poetry" makes me see

Poeting is not what makes me me.



Today's Monday Motif is "Poetry Challenge," issued by mrtl, with a suggestion of this formula,

"[gerund] makes me [word rhyming with "me"]

Ooh! Ooh! Is an English lesson in order here? A gerund is a present participle (an -ing word, like gardening, crying, sleeping, and running) that is used as a noun."

Can you believe her? I am quite sure I suck at this, however it is not really what makes me *absentee. I will be working from early morning until late evening. Feel free to help me with my alleged poem :)

18 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Christopher Trottier said...

Speaking of tea, I should go brew myself some soon.

 
Blogger Candy said...

Ok yours is spiffy, but I am so not doing that. Mine would be so so soooooooo foolish.


So Foolish.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

I dig it. (*Snap *snap *snap *snap *snap*)

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I'm not into writing poetry but I am enjoying chuckling at yours.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

"Getting a facial makes me jolie"

*head explodes*

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Uuuuh, and I hear Ms. Jolie is also made quite "jolie" by a facial.

 
Blogger August95 said...

Me not so smart :) Me read yours but not make my own. lol.

So glad you are home Susie.

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

Wonderful, Susie!

And I love the last line.

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Pish and golly, golly gee,

I don't do poetry for free.

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

Finishing the poem filled me with glee?

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Damned fine job!

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

Susie makes me .... giggle, hee hee

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Work-schmirk -- you're obviously in no condition to be working, so I'm giving you the day off.

 
Blogger mary bishop said...

Your poim is poifect!

 
Blogger Nina said...

:) Well I like yours and mrtl's poems . . . mine didn't make the cut, couldn't bring myself to post it.

 
Blogger Zhoen said...

wow, monday vogon poetry.


creative though.

 
Blogger Susie said...

summer, you are neither passive nor pitiful; I shall take no such thing on you, off you or otherwise. I love your pome, too:)

christopher, enjoy; I am about to have some chamomile :)

mrtl, I am very afraid of next week's topic

JR, yea, I can see why you wouldn't want to post one after reading mine, because mine's not foolish at ALL :0

william, groovy, man.

squirl, I, too, am more into chuckling than writing poetry.

bucky's exploded head . . . aw, nothin', I just wanted to write that ;)

august95, you got the whole "me" thing down ;)

ladybug, thank you, for everything :)

hoss, but will you do it for a fee?

sierrabella, you're hired!

kranki, thank you, thank you :)

annejelynn, you make me giggle too, you crazy towel lady ;)

eclectic, so NOW you tell me! Twelve freakin' hours today. Not good. Purty much the same tomorrow.

MB, no, your comment is poifect

nina, come on, this one ain't winning no prizes. Your kid pix are prize winners, though.

how about miss kitty?

zhoenw, vogon? I'll have to check on that . . . Nice to see you :)

Lisabeth and chaperone Grace, oh, my, not Emily Dickinson, more like . . . Mother Goose? I'm glad to see you two. Hugs to you.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home