header image

Sunday, August 07, 2005


Sunday Post ~ Make today count

Psalm 91:12

A song for you, Life Means So Much

Every day is a journal page
Every man holds a quill and ink

And there's plenty of room for writing in
All we do and believe and think

So will you compose a curse?
Or will today bring the blessings?
Fill the page with rhyming verse?
Or some random sketchings?

Teach us to count the days,
teach us to make the days count

Lead us in better ways,
somehow our souls forgot

Life means so much
Life means so much

Every day is a bank account
And time is our currency

So no one's rich, nobody's poor,
We get twenty-four hours each

So how are you gonna spend?
Will you invest or squander?
Try to get ahead?
Or help someone who's under?

Has anybody lived who knew the value of a life?
And didn't He give His own to show the worth of yours and mine?

Teach us to count the days,
Teach us to make the days count

Lead us in better ways,
Somehow our souls forgot

Every day is a gift, you've been given
Make the most of the time, every minute you're livin'

Every day is a gift, you've been given
Make the most of the time, every minute you're livin'


By Chris Rice, on "Smell the Color 9" CD

file under: &Sunday Post

22 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Maven said...

Do you ever watch Joel Osteen? Today's message was precisely that, reclaiming your joy and take joy in the day the Lord has made. I'm probably going to go see him in Oct when he hits NY. Even my husband (a Hindu) sat (for once) and listened to the show today. Very appealing without being preachy.

 
Blogger Susie said...

Hi, maven! I have seen him; at first his voice annoyed the heck outta me, but I couldn't stop listening anyway; he is very encouraging, inspiring. I have seen, online, some Christians saying that he is less than the real deal. I don't know about all that; I do think he encourages a lot of people. I haven't read his book yet, but I've had a number of clients tell me that it has been helpful to them. If you see him, I'd love to hear about the experience :)

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Good message.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I definitely made yesterday count. You mean I gotta do it again today?! :)

Thanks for the message, Susie. I'll do my best.

 
Blogger Joseph said...

That's a great message and something we allneed to remember regularly. I forget to do this all to often.

Thanks Sis!

 
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I needed that today.

 
Blogger dashababy said...

Happy Sunday Susie. When I was reading this, I was thinking, "this sounds like a Chris Rice song". I love him too.

 
Blogger Ern said...

Beautiful song. Thank you.

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

Although not familiar with the song, the words are stirring.

Cute picture!

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, it is inspired by Sarah.

CK, you make me smile. Yea, how 'bout that, we gotta keep doing it! With blog breaks, of course ;)

greenie, I know, we all do. And we all need reminders, or at least I do.

sfg, thanks for letting me know that; that does me good. I needed it today, too, as is usually the case with these Sunday Posts :)

dashababymama, yea, I think he is brilliant, I wish more people got to hear him. You don't have to be religious to find meaning in his lyrics.

you're welcome, ern, Chris Rice has LOTS of beautiful songs, and funny ones, romantic ones (I swear I'm not getting paid for this ;)

sierrabella, yea, as I've said to others, I am really on the same wavelength as this guy, his songs almost always resonate with me.

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

More damn poetry. I can't get away from it. I refuse to comment about poetry, so you don't get to count this as a comment.

 
Blogger Susie said...

hoss, like I told you, it's a damn song, not the same as damn poetry, and YOU, mister, have left a perfectly countable comment here, whether you like it or not.

shoshie, I would hug you and eat ice cream with you if I could. I am an equal opportunity sweet eater. Sarah made such a lasting impression, and her absence leaves such a vacancy, to STRANGERS, so I cannot begin to imagine what you're going through, as her sister. She, and you, and your sisters and Nikki, are in my thoughts every day. From Sarah's writing, she seemed to live life so very well. That's why I posted these lyrics today. To remind myself and the rest of us to try to do the same. Hugs to you.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The picture and the song are perfect together. Thanks for reminding me what life is about, Susie :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, life does mean so much.

 
Blogger Nina said...

Beautiful words, and beautiful picture . . .and a great reminder.
Thanks . . . Nina

 
Blogger Kranki said...

This is very apropriate in my life, for sure.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Make today count, for tomorrow, it could all hit the fan.

Love the pic!

 
Blogger Dang Cold.. said...

The pic is sweet and so are the words. Thanks Susie

dc

 
Blogger Susie said...

lilsis, they go together in my head, I hoped someone else would see a connection, too. You are welcome :)

momo, thank you. I have to remind myself to remind myself! And yes, this week, I have been doing so in Sarah's honor. Oh, and can you leave your URL; I happened over there via sitemeter stats, but the "favorites" link I have for you takes me to an old post, and I can't get to your current blog, just to your profile. I mean, if you want to :)

lawbrat, yea, you know that already ;)

nina, somehow I think you don't need much reminding of such things :) BTW, that test came out A-OK.

mrsfish, welcome, and thanks for stopping in. Glad you felt encouraged :)

kranki, for all of us, love.

bucky, ain't that the truth?

making the days count, you are most welcome, my friend

love to you too, kittybikes. Be careful out there!

 
Blogger Lori said...

A great poem. We so often take it all for granted, don't we? So many things have happened in my life that have made me really stop and think about what a gift it all really is...

 
Blogger Leesa said...

I SO agree, Make Everyday Count. Great post.

 
Blogger jac said...

Every pinch you spare,
Every piece you give,
Every coin you split,
Counted when you go,
Make the most it,
Peace be spilled on you.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home