header image

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Does This Blog Make My Ass Look Big?*

I'm almost outta here. My '80s jewelry has been melted down and molded into a golden minivan that will take us south. (It's a short, convertible minivan; I didn't have that much jewelry.) I won't get to post again before I leave, tomorrow morning. Packing, meeting with detectives (that case from last week), getting a haircut, enduring a medical appointment (hi, Nina ;), finishing up work stuff. I have responded to the flurry of comments from last Friday when I posted the 25-year-old photograph -- I was 20; the photo is now 25. I have corrected the one who thought I was blond and the ones who thought I was black. And I was very amused by both. I still say, read this and this and form your own image. It will be more accurate than using that photograph. If I go missing, do NOT put that photo on the milk cartons, or you may never see me again!

I'll be away the rest of the month. (That sounds more extravagant than 10 days.) We'll be sharing a cottage in the Blue Ridge Mountains with another family -- two parents and a kid, the dad of that family having been Jif's close friend since third grade. Very lovely people.

Please forgive my not visiting your blog lately. Work has been so crazy, in terms of hours and intensity. I have followed the well-worn paths to a few old blogfriends' places, and made a couple of new friends, but many of you whom I find most delightful, I just haven't been to see you much. It's not a reflection of my regard for you. And bless your hearts for coming to see me anyway.

While I am gone, there are some people I'd like you to meet. Sarah visited me not very long ago, and I was "hooked" quickly. The first thing I read about Sarah was how she had a painting of a picnic on her head, complete with M&M-stealing ants. Not on her hat, right there on her head. She is smart, and funny, and opinionated and kind. And right now she's very ill. She has non-Hodgkins' lymphoma, and she has recently begun the 120-day journey that will lead to her getting a bone marrow transplant, and becoming well. She only started posting in June, so you can read her blog from the beginning and get the whole story.

While she's hospitalized and not up to blogging, she has an amazing partner, Nikki, and six sisters who have started a blog to keep blogfriends updated. Her sister, Shoshie, is the head-artist and even more importantly, the bone-marrow donor. Their blog is SWLF: Sarah's Wacky, Loving Family. They appreciate all the prayers, well wishes, good vibes, healing energy and any other good stuff you know of, sent in their direction. And you know how bloggers spell "love": c-o-m-m-e-n-t. Go visit and leave some encouragement or something to help them laugh. Other bloggers going through health troubles, and their families, have said how very much it has meant to them to have us internet strangers sending them love and prayers. We do what we can, and we can surely do that.

mrtl found this quote last week, and it comes to mind now:

Let a good man do good deeds with the same zeal that the evil man does bad ones.
Yea, like that. (Ahem, lest you get the impression that mrtl is all wise and deep and dignified and whatnot, I will also tell you that this week she taught me the "cocksucker drinking game." Ask her.)

God bless you. Thank you for visiting here. I'll see you soon. XOXO


*The title here pays homage to the inimitable Bucky Four-Eyes.

59 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Greenthumb said...

Have a great time!
XOXOXOXOXOX

 
Blogger Bucky Four-Eyes said...

Susie, this blog makes your ass look adorable.

You have as excellent a time on your vacation as I did on mine, and you will be a grinnin' girl for a long, long time. Just don't fall down, y'hear?

 
Blogger Circus Kelli said...

Bah! Susie! Don't leave!

I mean, Go! Have a great time! Don't worry about us. We'll just be over here, balled up in the corner, with our thumbs in our mouths, rocking back and forth and mumbling incoherently until you return NEXT MONTH.

*sigh*

 
Anonymous kalki said...

Have a fabulous trip, Susie! We'll miss you.

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Bye, have a great time in your new minivan,at the cottage,and with your family and friends.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Have fun. Take care.

 
Blogger Nilbo said...

Drive carefully, and have a lovely trip.

 
Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

Until we meet again...

Have fun, be safe.

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

Enjoy!
We'll all be here when you return!

 
Blogger August95 said...

Have a wonderful time. Don't worry about us, we will still click through everyday LOL.

 
Blogger JessicaRabbit said...

Susie, your vacation cover story is perfect, I have everything all set, Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt are in the trunk of my car, lets go lady! The bank on the corner opens at noon, we can hit that joint and be half way cross country in no time, and since no one has a recent pic of you as long as you do all the talking no one will catch us this time!

I promise not to take an incriminating pics of you like I did with Bucky, and you can even keep Johnny as a souviner, now lets rock!

See you soon!

 
Blogger Nina said...

Hi Susie,

I am glad about the appointment. Have a really good time. Take lots of pictures . . . The Blue Ridge Mountains in a cottage sounds so wonderful . . .

Being away for the rest of the month does sound extravagant, and a good way of viewing it.

Have a fun family holiday!

Nina

 
Blogger Squirl said...

The Blue Ridge Mountains. Ichabod and I were thinking about going there last year. It looks like it's beautiful. No internet there. How you gonna handle it?

Seriously, you need time to recharge. Enjoy some peace and quiet in serene surroundings, okay???

And, why no, dear, this blog does not make your ass look big.

 
Blogger Random and Odd said...

HAVE A FAN FUCKING TABULOUS TIME!

 
Blogger mrtl said...

Oh Susie, I do blove you, you hooplehead! Have a great trip!

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

We will, somehow, muddle along without it. But it won't be easy. You are 1/5 of my entire humor crop.

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

have a safe and most fantabulous time away!~ you'll be missed in the blogosphere here

 
Blogger marybishop said...

Enjoy enjoy enjoy! Hope your vacation is the best ever...see you when you get back!

 
Blogger abcd said...

Have a fantastic vacation. That
was some post about Sarah. We thank you for your kindness. We are still using your name when we need ice chips.

Shohie

 
Blogger Bente said...

Have a great trip Suzie!

 
Blogger defiant goddess said...

Have a good time!

 
Blogger Nic said...

You iwll be missed Susie. I am ok. Thank you for stopping by with the inquiry. You are my blog angel. I am feeling better now than I have in the past several months. Do looked me over and the only thing left to do is to take a blood test for anemia and a possible thyroid disorder. May God grant you travel mercies my friend and I hope you and the fam have a wonderful time at the cabin whilst I am in Reno next week.

Bless you dear Susie for being so sweet and caring!

 
Blogger Susie said...

THANK YOU ONE AND ALL FOR COMING TO MY BON VOYAGE PARTY, AND FOR YOUR KIND THOUGHTS AND WISHES, AND YOUR STRANGE THOUGHTS AND WISHES, AND YOUR ILLEGAL THOUGHTS AND WISHES! I BLOVE YOU!

FAIRCHILD . . . OUT!

 
Blogger Lori said...

Have a wonderful vacation! Rest of the month...10 days...either sounds great to me! No vacation for us here this summer, but I'm enjoying hearing about where others have gone and their experiences. Really enjoy your blog. A safe trip to you...

 
Anonymous lawbrat said...

Have a great vacation! Enjoy every minute of it, and relax, lose your mind in something fun.

 
Blogger Redhead Mommy said...

Have a good trip...ten days without the internet...i cannot imagine!

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

Hoping the Fairchilds have a wonderful vacation.

HUGS to you and yours, Susie. Hope you return relaxed and refreshed.

God bless you.

 
Blogger momo said...

Have a great trip, we will miss you!

 
Blogger Bucky Four-Eyes said...

Oh, and don't worry, Ms. Fairchild...

We'll make sure your comments section is both full and, um, interesting when you come home.

Left hand...Yellow!

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Twister!

 
Blogger Kitty said...

ewww... who got the KY on the spinner?

Left foot red!

 
Blogger Bucky Four-Eyes said...

But, Kitty...it's KY Warming Gel. Surely that counts for something?

Right foot...blue!

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Missing the Sunday post. Hope you're having a nice, relaxing time.

Right hand...green!

 
Blogger Ern said...

Almost heaven, West Virginia
Blue Ridge Mountains,
Shenandoah River.

Life is old there
Older than the trees
Younger than the mountains
Blowing like the breeze.

Country roads, take me home
To the place I belong
West Virginia,
Mountain Momma
Take me home, down country roads

Lyrics from my head may be slightly altered from the originals, but are close enough! :)

 
Blogger Bucky Four-Eyes said...

Nice song, Ern, but...

Are ya playin' Twister or not?

Left ass cheek...yellow!

 
Blogger JessicaRabbit said...

Wait so we are playing twister over here while she is gone?

Man, and I wanted to run through her blog naked leaving boob prints on everything.


( o ) ( o )

o


V


hahahahahahaa Now Im naked on your blog, whatcha gonna do bout it vacation girl?

 
Blogger Bucky Four-Eyes said...

Um, Jess? I think your boobs kinda wandered away from your navel and your monkey here. You OK?

 
Blogger JessicaRabbit said...

Damn wandering body parts!

Where the hell is that super glue???!@!!

 
Blogger Bucky Four-Eyes said...

ASCII and you shall receive...

(sorry folks)

Left shoulder...chartreuse!

 
Blogger vicki said...

I'll miss your posts while you're away. I come by most every day and enjoy the insightful and humor touched writing of a fellow therapist. I tend to avoid writing work-related posts but I'm glad you do write some about your professional life; gives many readers a good perspective on what you do.
Getting out of town is the hard part-have a wonderful trip and relax. I didn't even see your ass so it definitely doesn't look too big.

 
Blogger karla said...

Have a great trip! Get back to blogging the minute you get back!

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Are we still playing Twister or what? Bucky??

 
Blogger Bucky Four-Eyes said...

That we are, Squirl. Twister and Mystery Date.
Will he be a dream? *sigh*
Or will he be a dud? *awwwwwwww*

Personally, lack of mystery meat will garner points in his favor.

Right boob...Orange!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

OMG -- you guys didn't tell me we were playin' TWISTER!!

Nose: Red

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Left pinky, blue!

 
Blogger Circus Kelli said...

Oh my gock. It's only the 28th?! I don't think I'm going to make it without you...

 
Blogger JessicaRabbit said...

Alright here people, some of us choose to take reasonable vacations, a few days, a week if we have internet access, I want to know just who you think you are? Having a life outside the net. Pffft.


Left nipple, purple!

 
Blogger Bucky Four-Eyes said...

Jess - are you playin' Twister, or are you describing Nick after you pinch the shit out of him?

And yes, Susie is bein' "totally" selfish by thinkin' "she" and her "family" can go on a "vacation" without "us." That's "right." I'm breakin' out "the" inappropriate double "quotes."

Right labia...pink!

 
Blogger Bucky Four-Eyes said...

Oh, dear...

Have I scared everyone off with my labia? I assure you, my labia are harmless and, most importantly, toothless.

 
Blogger Circus Kelli said...

*in the fetal position sucking my thumb and rocking back and forth mumbling to myself thanks to the visual from Bucky's comments, as well as the fact that Susie isn't around*

must keep self busy work work work oh look something shiny maybe i'll paint the kids' rooms this weekend i wish susie were here paint kids' rooms yes

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Friday 7/29/05 3pm. Just checking to see if you are back. (Sigh)

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Okay, right little toe...fuschia1

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Bucky, don't you think it's unfair to eliminate anyone without a labia by that last call? Fine then, left ass cheek... urhm, anywhere but pink. Because that's where Bucky's labia is and well, we don't want to squish it.

 
Blogger Bucky Four-Eyes said...

To be completely fair, Eclectic, in this game of Twister, "labia" and "testicle" are interchangeable.

And my non-squashed right labia thanks you.

 

...at a Hampton Inn in Virginia.

What is this icky stuff on my Twister mat? You guys better wash this thing before I get home!

See you tomorrowish!

Susie Fairchild

 
Anonymous MrsDoF said...

Missed Biscuit this Friday, even though I played SPF. What goes on in my head that I have to keep track of what day of the week it is by the pictures other folks publish?

Since you all are playing TWISTER, I might join in with a Right Foot Red cuz my baby toe has an ouchie on it.

 
Blogger Bucky Four-Eyes said...

Oh, shit, mom's almost home!

Everybody get dressed, put water in to top off the liquor bottles, and rinse off the Twister mat with bleach water!

And y'all over in the corner: incense, folks, incense...

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Yeah, but what're we gonna do with all the empties? And the mess in the kitchen?! We're sooo dead...!

 
Blogger Susie said...

Thank you all for checking in. Each of you got a smile from me when I saw your name. You twisted sisters, you're either REALLY flexible, or you're cheating your pants off here; if you put those parts on those colors, you'd have fallen DAYS ago, girlfriends. And where the hell did you get a spinner like that anyway?

 


Post a Comment

<< Home