header image

Friday, August 19, 2005

Technical Difficulties

If I write something really short, and don't preview it, and don't try to edit it, and don't save it as a draft at any time, I MIGHT be able to get it published. If you're reading this, then it worked. All week, through today, anything I save as a draft disappears; and many things I was working on in draft form have also disappeared. I don't need the aggravation, so I'm outta here until it's fixed. I'll check on it from time to time. I've written to blogger's alleged "help." We'll see. You wanna write to them, too, and ask them to help me? Yea, I didn't think so ;) Have a good one. I'll try to get a pic up on Sunday.

20 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Man, I wonder why Blogger is pickin' on you, specifically? Do I guess right that you're a Firefox user?

Hmmmmm...I've had no problems with Netscape, which treats this stuff pretty much like Firefox does, right, other geek folks here?

Just out of curiosity, what if you started another blog with your ID and fiddled with the same features there? I'm just curious to see if it's WWIT specifically, or your login or computer specifically.

Your posts will be missed until this is fixed, but I completely understand the disinclination to have one's wittiest post ever just evaporate. I've had it happen and I threw a HISSY FIT.

Don't worry, though. Don't we always keep your comments lively?

 
Blogger Susie said...

Well, after talking to you yesterday, I downloaded Firefox. OK, I'm a big fat liar, Jif did it for me. I used IE before. Neither helped. I do have 2 other "dummy" blogs that I've been fooling around with, trying to "pimp" WWIT, and the same thing happens in them. I have asked my brutha greenie, to try to save something in them, and see if the same thing happens to him. I could publish first drafts, I think, although longer posts get cut off at some point. Or I could save in WORD, copy, paste, and publish without ever saving in draft form. But that's a pain. I will do that eventually, if it's not fixed soon. Or greenie may help me move to another blogplace, even though I don't really want to do that.

Do party on here in the comments, though. I could use a party.

 
Blogger Brandon said...

Um, I'm reading this. And I also have different results with blogger depending on which computer I'm using. Blogger hates my old laptop, but bows to my P3 desktop's every whim. It's kind of endearing. Like a crotchety old man who's hateful to everyone except toddler girls wearing pink bonnets.

oh, nowadays I usually blog to my blogger account through Flickr, actually. And I have never ever had a problem doing that. Of course, that's also a good excuse to post photos more often. Just sayin'. ;)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so not cool of Blogger to stifle your self-expression. I'm sorry, Susie.

But let's party on...I'll bring the cupcakes.

 
Blogger Weetzie said...

Did I hear there is a party here? =)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Ugh, Susie, I hope you don't have to resort to Word copy and paste (I have tried that and it leaves a lot of visible code that IE users see). Hopefully blogger can come up with some better solution for you.

And see how nice I am about the word "party" in here? Unlike Mr. B, I fear your ability to verbally smack me down if I get too cheeky witcha.

Brando: "Like a crotchety old man who's hateful to everyone except toddler girls wearing pink bonnets." made me laugh out loud. Toward more picturesque speech!

 
Blogger Susie said...

Oh, this is nice, everyone's trying to help me. This is good. Kalki, cupcakes are always helpful. Yes, I can eat cupcakes.

Brando, OK, I see what you're saying. I should put on a pink bonnet and wet my pants. Check. I can do that.

weetzie, welcome, sweetie, have a cupcake!

bucky, yea, oh my gosh didn't I almost hand you that one on a platter? Thank you for not going there. I'm barely recovered from my vocabulary lesson from kitty at your place last night :0

 
Blogger Susie said...

greenie tried too, and blogger won't let him play here either.

Gosh, look at Brando's picture. Very sexy.

OK, I'm going shopping, haircutting and hospital visiting. Party on, dudes, dudettes and doodahs. doodads. doowah diddy diddy dum diddy doo . . .

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Margaritas, anyone? Let's get this party started while Susie's gone.

If you're going to go the copy-and-paste route, it's better to use Notepad or Wordpad--they don't put the formatting junk in.

 
Blogger Nina said...

Well I am reading this . . . I wrote to Blogger and told them to help Susie dammit. I have not heard back. . . :) Nina

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll write blogger for you too! You need help, technical help that is. Party? Cupcakes, margaritas, and I'll bring some fried salty stuff...mozzarella sticks and fried mushrooms anyone?

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

I read as far as Bucky tellin' you to "fiddle with your features", and my dirty mind wouldn't let me go any further. *snork*

I apologize for my undignified behavior in the face of your blogger crisis.

I hope you get everything straightened out soon. I miss you when you're not around!

 
Blogger August95 said...

Sorry about your trouble but I have already been missing you in blog land. Hope you can get this resolved sooner than later. I will still click here everyday. I am an addict that way. :)

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Chips! That's what a party needs: chips! Sorry Susie, you know my technical capacity, so I'm not even sure what you're talking about. But it sounds bad, so I hope it gets better. And since I'm bringing chips, it already IS!! Everything's better with chips!

Oh, and the vocab. lesson at Bucky's? Yeah, couldn't eat for at least an hour. OMG!

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

Dang, I hope this gets fixed ASAP! I need my Susie fix...

 
Blogger c said...

Yeah, blogger "helped" me once.

Not.

Honestly, it was a waste of time. I eventually figured out the problem on my own.

I am SOOOO going to move someday.

 
Blogger Candy said...

Ok I heard there was a party over here, where is the cake im supposed to jump out of?

 
Blogger Kranki said...

I am totally learning stuff here. Still thinking about ditching IE and using Firefox but fear I would lose all my bookmarked sites. Need those for work. Secondly I was going to suggest typing your post in Word and then copying and pasting. That is what I do. But then heard about the formatting code. I never see it on my computer but now I worry....DAMMIT! I thought computers were supposed to improve our lives?

In any case I'll bring the virtual spinach dip.

I hope everything gets figured out soon.

 
Blogger Susie said...

sharkey, I'll have one of those. And I'll try those other wordy places, thank you.

nina, thank you; I think we'd better not hold our breath :(

lawbrat, thanks for the yummy snacks :)

ladybug, you know how I HATE undignified!

august95, thank you for sticking around; I have been spending way too much time in realworld.

eclectic, I know what you mean about the "can't eat after THAT."

sierrabella, I hope this is resolved soon. Although I have discovered a remedy for writer's block: as soon as I CAN'T say anything, I have a lot of stuff to say!

summer, thank you; I mighta misunderstood Brando . . .

misfit, you go first, and tell me all about it. I'm a big chicken; it's just so easy, for a techno-dunce here -- when it works.

JR, I was actually hoping you'd send a naked Mormon flying down the steps on a mattress. THAT would get this party started. And for some reason, I picture the mattress on fire. A flaming mattress . . .

kranki, I did that, and most of my "favorites" show up as bookmarks, but they're in no appreciable order.

estefania, oh, that sucks. Except for the nice wine. That has happened to me occasionally, but this week, it's everything I do that I try to save. I'm not allowed to save any more. Says blogger.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the pix you posted for our amusement. I've had probs with blogger this week too...lost a couple really good post but I'm too tired to repost...

good luck.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home