header image

Sunday, April 10, 2005


Sunday Post ~ “My hope is that the description of God’s love in my life will give you the freedom and the courage to discover . . . God’s love in yours.” (Henri Nouwen, in "Here and Now")

Romans 8:38-39

file under: &Sunday Post

17 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger mary bishop said...

Nice bush Susie! I can see there's nothing Brazilian about your bush. Au naturel all the way with no persnickety clipping or pruning.

(Quite a contrast coming from my blog to your blog...)

 
Blogger Susie said...

Ah, mb, of all the positive or trollish comments I might have anticipated to this post, "Nice bush," was not one of them. Heehee. Yes, I appreciate the contrast; like to keep 'em guessing. Good Susie (well, slightly naughty Susie) posts here, and I let the other personalities go around blogworld commenting. I don't even know what they're saying half the time!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Yes, I looked it up. My bible is in a nice leather case thingy, it was quite dusty. I think I'll leave it out.

Lawbrat

 
Blogger Susie said...

Now THA'S what I'm talkin' about, lawbrat:) Someone asked me why I usually just put the scripture reference rather than writing out the verse. My answer is that I'm a manipulative bitch who wants to FORCE people to go get the Book and see what it says, and maybe even keep reading... It works! It works! Yay, lawbrat! Hugs;)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If PEOPLE weren't around, I'd be singing "I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart" a la Ralph Wiggins right now.

Happy Sunday, Susie!

 
Blogger Susie said...

WHERE?! Down in my heart...
PEOPLE are such killjoys sometimes;) Happy Sunday backatcha, mrtl!

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Beatiful forsythia. They're one of my favorites.

 
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Hi Susie. It is Pissy Britches. Thanks for visiting my site. You have some absolutley gorgeous pic's on here..they are FABULOUS!

 
Blogger mary bishop said...

Good Susie (well, slightly naughty Susie) posts here, and I let the other personalities go around blogworld commenting. I don't even know what they're saying half the time,,,,

------
oh goody it isn't just me who suffers from multiple blog personality disorder.

 
Blogger Andrea said...

I learned this alternate verse to "I've got the joy, joy, joy" when I was a kid at camp:

"And if the devil doesn't like it he can sit on a tack, OUCH! Sit on a tack, OUCH! Sit on a tack..."

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, I love them, too. I wish they lasted longer. This one is across the street from me. I have some in my backyard, but they're in a shady spot, so haven't fully bloomed yet.

hi, stephanie, thanks for stopping by. And thanks on the pictures, too. Not very skilled, but sometimes I get lucky.

mb, yes, I'm certifiable. As I've said here before, there are so many interesting personalities available; why limit ourselves to just one? Sounds like you agree;)

andrea, I learned that too. I've been thinking of writing a post about some of those old songs I learned in Baptist Sunday School. I still sing them in my head (it's noisy in there sometimes).

 
Blogger Andrea said...

OOOH, you grew up in a BAPTIST church? That redeems you from a thousand Presbyterian churches as an adult ;) Though I should probably ask, what KIND of Baptist? (heehee)

 
Blogger Susie said...

andrea, it was, I believe, Southern Baptist. It was huge. We had flannelgraphs, "sword drills," you smell what I'm cookin'? What kind of church do you attend? the B-I-B-L-E, yes that's the book for meee...

 
Blogger Andrea said...

My church today is nondenominational, because the AMERICAN Baptists messed me up too bad ;) But we did the flannelgraph thing too.

"I stand alone on the Word of God, the B-I-B-L-E...BIBLE!"

 
Blogger Susie said...

andrea, I don't know much about the different Baptists. I know that in adulthood, the Southern ones were more conservative than I; and although the PC-USA is more liberal than I, it's a better fit for me. I've been all over the map, in most of the major denominations and many non-denominational churches, as well. My core theology is probably still Baptist-based; but the PC-USA allows for a very wide range of beliefs within their house, so the person sitting next to me may believe very differently than I about some things; that kind of openness seems right to me. I'm sorry that you had a bad church experience; many people have had, that's for sure, in one place or another. I hear from a lot of people, here and in emails, about how they've been hurt by churches in various ways.

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Well, I'm exaggerating a bit. I go back to the Baptist church I grew up in whenever I'm home to visit my parents. And I think it's not so much the denomination as it was that particular house of worship...let's just say that was one. dead. church.

 
Blogger Susie said...

Shame on you andrea, lying about the Baptists;) They are not known for their high energy, that's true. At least not the white ones. A black Baptist church is a different animal, entirely.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home