header image

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

WHY LYING IS WRONG

This is a guest post, written by LG, last year in second grade. I was cleaning up some files and came across it, decided to share it here, exactly as she wrote it. This was an "assignment" from Jif and me, as a consequence for an occasion of dishonesty. Apparently the child who started life in a crack house became increasingly concerned about avoiding "the big house." Do you think we laid it on a bit thick about how lying is bad?


In case you ever wondered...

Lying is wrong! It can put you in bad places. Also, it can make people dislike you. If you lie you will be unhappy like me. Nobody will trust you because they don't know if you are telling the truth. If you lie and your lie gets hundreds of people beliving what they think is true you lose friends very easiley.

Nobody not even you siblings will want to be around you when you lie. I don't want to lie any more and belive me I won't. People can get hurt by lying! Like if someone says, "Jump off that cliff I've done it hundreds of times and I never got hurt."

Grownup's lie about stealing and stuff like that that puts them in JAIL! I won't lie again espashally when I'm an adult because I don't want to be in jail! If your in jail you lose all your friends and than your lying will make them know your a bad person on the inside instad of a good person. I will never lie again I just want to be a good person and not lie.

I have learned my leason that lying can hurt you and other people. I have learned from punishments that when I grow up could be jail. These are reasons why lying is really very, very wrong. I have learned never to lie.

It can put you in very bad places.

15 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Katie said...

Lying is wrong! LG is very correct and sounds like quite the tough girl! I think she needs to help us police the Dooce website and keep all the ass trolls out. :-)

 
Blogger Susie said...

katie, thanks for stopping by. I expect LG would be with me, under the table in a Hello Kitty! helmet, eating cookies until the storm passes! (Where do you think I got my helmet?)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are lots of write-os on this post. I had no dictionary and no adults in my room to help me with spelling. Also, with adding words in. I have an adult helping me right now so I won't make any typos. This post is embarrassing because I never knew it would be put on a website when I wrote it, but I did give permission to have this put on my Mommy's blog.
P.S. I like commenting.

 
Blogger Joseph said...

(clapping my hands and smiling) THIS post made me smile all over. LG, I think I'm in love. ;-) just kidding, but you sure are a clever lil thing. Must get that from your very clever Mommy.

Your truly,
Greenie

 
Blogger Joseph said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
Blogger Susie said...

Hugs to you, greenie and mamaramma, LG was very tickled to have comments addressed to her:)

 
Blogger Katie said...

Thank you Susie for your kind words on my blog. I truly appreciate it. I feel absolutely horrible that any of what I said may have caused Dooce's comments section to shut down today, and I am about to post a blog entry about it. I tried to field the questions and angry comments yesterday with some common sense, because obviously I didn't use any when I brought out a can of whup-ass on the troll, but sadly I don't know if that was enough. Hopefully Heather can see past all of went on and continue her comments! Anyway, your site is great and I will continue to read it daily!

 
Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

LG, You're a smartie! I forget everything, so I try not to lie just because I can never keep my story straight. You're doing the right thing.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

LG: Don't feel bad about the write-os. I make 'em every time I write with a pen and not a computer keyboard.
You are wise beyond your years, which is good, because I have a feeling your mother will need some very "special" help someday. ;)

(Susie, don't hurt me! I'm not hatin', I swear! I'm just speaking as a woman who will probably have to change an elderly husband's diapers one day)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Plum, it is funny what you said, because I looked up your first name in the dictionary and it sort of means not true. But I know you are telling the truth so you can keep your story straight.

Miss Bucky, I think you are teasing my Mom. That is O.K. My Mom always teases people too. Typing is better than writing if you make a lot of write-os. But sometimes you must write to practice your cursive.

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

Aw, how sweet, Susie, that you've involved LG in your blogging.

LG, since everyone's addressing you in the comments on this post, I think I will, too.

I have a daughter who is almost your age - she just turned 8. I think she would've LOVED the slumber party you had. It looked like so much fun that I even asked your mom to email me some fun party ideas! My Drama Queen (that's what I call my 8-year-old on my blog) had a karaoke party for her birthday. Her Daddy built her a stage, with a cheetah-print curtain, lights, and everything! The Drama Queen and her friends had so much fun singing the Cheetah Girls songs. Do you like the Cheetah Girls movie and music?

I really enjoyed reading "Why Lying is Wrong." I may have to try that approach with my younger daughter ("Miss Attitude" -- she's in first grade). So far, washing her mouth out with soap for lying isn't working as well as it did with The Drama Queen. Maybe if she has to do a whole project on it, she'll see the error of her ways.

You seem like such a smart and sweet girl, LG. Just like your mom.

God bless you,
LadyBug

(Sorry this comment's so long, Susie. The kids are in bed, and hubby's at work. I think I must be feeling a little lonely and a LOT chatty.)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Ladybug, I do like the Cheetah Girls. Thank you for this comment. It is the longest comment I have ever had. It sounds like Drama Queen had a nice birthday party. I give good advice to people. Here is some advice for you to do with Miss Attitude. Try making her write an assignment on Why Lying is Wrong. If that doesn't work, you could try taking away privileges like TV or playdates or after-school activities. If these things don't work, leave me another comment and I'll give you some more ideas.

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

Thank you for the advice, LG. I just might try it.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great idea. I have been looking on the web to find out what to do to my son for lying and now I am going to make him write a report on it... Thank you for the help!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This makes me sick. Between the lines it says, "lying is wrong because authority says so and authority must never be questioned."

 


Post a Comment

<< Home