header image

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

For Our Friends

The first blogfriend I made was the one and only, truly original Bucky Four-eyes. It was love at first read, for me. I call her my blog Godmother, because in ways I can't fully articulate, she (without knowing she was doing so) gave me the courage(?) to start blogging. And then it wasn't too long before I learned she has a sister! A classy sister, Squirl. These talented, funny, smart, kind-hearted women adopted me and some other sisterless friends. And I love my adopted family.

For the past few days, Bucky and Squirl, and their brothers, have found themselves in a place that many of us find ourselves at some point in life, if we are blessed, as they have been, to have a loving parent who has lived a long life. Their mother is very ill. And they are at the point of gathering the family, and living moment to moment, and perhaps of being uncertain of what to even hope or pray for.

So, you sweet, generous people who find your way here. You know what to do. My gosh, how well I know that you all know what to do! Go give my girls some love. Pray for them, for their whole family. I humbly thank you.

I didn't publish my Sunday Post this week with them in mind. But it surely is fitting. So I want to do something I don't usually do, which is write out the text of the scripture I used. As I've explained before, I usually just put the scripture reference without writing out the verses, because I'm trying to be a manipulative bitch and force people to open their own Bibles. But I'll do it for you this time:

"If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

file under: &Neighborhood Watch

20 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Unknown said...

You got it, Susie. I did it before, and I'll do it again.

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

I actually just left Bucky and Squirl's blogs a few minutes ago.

Love, hugs, and prayers to you, Miss Susie.

 
Blogger Effie said...

You took the "post" right out from under me--but you said it much more eloquently than I ever could have!

As CK said--done it, & will do it again!!

Hugs to you too, Darlin!

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*giggles* She said "manipulative bitch"...

I've had the Warm Thoughts Generator running with hope all turns out well.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yeah, Soos... that's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of you "manipulative bitch" (rolling eyes)

*whispering* Bloggy, I've always thought that about Susie, you know... but everyone likes her so much, I didn't DARE say it... ;)

 
Blogger Nina said...

I guess this means I should go buy a bible. ;)

I have always taken being called a manipulative bitch, as a compliment. Since at those times even if I wasn't really being manipulative, I knew I succeeded. My answer is always, you say that, like it is a bad thing?
I think my shadow side is showing..

The other stuff, I have been and will continue to.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Susie, you're a gem. I'm so glad you became our sister. I think the time is getting very close now, so we'll still be pretty scarce in the blogworld.

I just wanted to say that the whole family appreciates all the love, thoughts and prayers from our blogfriends. Bless you all.

 
Blogger Girl.A said...

So many balld hedded monkey hugs to give and so little time!

When it all goes crazy and the thrill is gone,
Days get rainy and the nights get long,
When you get that feeling you were born to lose,
Starin' at your ceiling, thinking of your blues.

When there's so much trouble that you want to cry
The world has crumbled and you don't know why,
When you hopes are fading and they can't be found,
Dreams have left you waiting, friends have let you down.

Just remember I love you,
and it will be all right
Just remember I love you,
more than I can say,
Maybe then your blues will fade away...

When you need a lover and you're down so low,
You start to wonder but you'll never know,
When it feels like sorrow is your only friend,
Knowing that tomorrow you'll feel this way again.
When the blues come calling at the break of dawn,
Rain keeps falling, but the rainbow's gone,
When you feel like crying, but the tears won't come,
When your dreams are dying, when you're on the run.

Just remember I love you,
and it will be all right
Just remember I love you,
more than I can say,
Just remember I love you,
and it will be all right,
It'll be all right,
It'll be all right
- Girl.A and her balld hedded monkey

 
Blogger Susie said...

ck, :) Some things are worth doing more than once.

ladybug, I know, I saw you there :) All the same back to you.

effie, hugs to you and the baby, too.

mrB, I know you are, but what am I? (oh, maybe that doesn't work...)

ck, I always knew you thought that . . . :p

nina, a woman after my own heart, you are. Manipulative gets a bad rap. So little would get accomplished in the world, if not for manipulation ;)

squirl, sending a steady stream of love your way. (And even at a time like this, I can't say steady stream without getting brainy ideas...) I love you.

Girl.A, I smiled when I saw your name. And that was before I even knew there'd be a balld hedded monkey singing to me. Slap a wig on that monkey.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did laugh out loud at the "manipulative bitch" comment! I'm so sorry for your friends my dear. I stopped by their sites and I'll be truthful, I left a comment but now am crying as I think of my own mommy and her passing. Shit.

 
Blogger Candy said...

I have spoken with Bucky several times today, the hospice nurse has told the family what to expect and they are as prepaired as one can be in times like this.

The good news is they have found a combo of medication that has finally helped Mom sleep peacefully, with no pain or illness and allows her some moments of visiting with her family.
They expect her to be at peace soon, probably within the week.

It is that horrible spot between relief, and total grief. But at least we all know if we could pick our way it would be surrounded by family and in as much peace as possible and that is what she has.

Thanks to everyone for the love and prayers, I can tell you it means a lot to the family.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Hi Susie. Bucky, Squirl and Jess. I do love them.

Thanks for posting the verse. If it's not Gospel it requires a look-up, and I was just too lazy.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

CK! Some things are better left unspoken. That's not one of them, thanks for sharing. hehe


*ducks from Susie's Swat*


I must admit, that phrase makes me think of a song fIREHOSE did, but I can't remember the actual title. Grr. Oh wait...I KNOW IT!! "Sophisticated Bitch!"

 
Blogger Amy said...

flies from the nest,off to send some love to Bucky and Squirl

 
Blogger dashababy said...

Awww Susie,
I didn't know about Bucky and Squirls mom. Thanks for letting us know.
I read Jess' comment and I'm glad to hear that she is more comfortable. My heart goes out to them.
Susie, thanks for stopping by and leaving me some comments. I was off having fun with my sis and did not post a response but I want to let you know how good it makes me feel to see your little Gumby face in my comment section.
I hope you are having a good day.
Love,
Dashababymama ;)

 
Blogger Kranki said...

You are such a sweetheart. I will keep them in my thoughts as I do you.

 
Blogger Susie said...

traci, I know; any contact with loss can revive our own feelings of loss. Hope you're doing OK today. xoxox

jess, thank you for the update. I know this is so tough for you, too. You're in my heart.

lynn, lazy's OK ;)
And you're very welcome.

mrB, yea, well . . . you wouldn't say that if you could see me. I'm wearing a cute little dress, orthopedic shoes and a straw hat with a flower in it ;)

amy, nice wings :)

dashababymama, :) I don't get around toooo much any more, but I try to make an appearance here and there just so you don't forget me ;)

kranki, Aw... takes one to know one :)

 
Blogger dashababy said...

No way Susie, nevva evva forget you.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Much thanks and love to you, sis.

And the same to all of you who've been so great here and over at our places. Our family truly appreciates all the thoughts and prayers and love and hugs from everyone.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Those sisters of ours are precious, eh? Love to them, and to you.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home