header image

Sunday, July 30, 2006

sunflowers1

sunflowers2

sunflowers3

sunflowers4

Sunday Post ~ "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." -- Mother Teresa


Romans 8:25-28


file under: &Sunday Post

26 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger The Q said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

The sunflowers and your flank (according to William) ;-)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures remind me of when my girls were little and grew sunflowers! They were so amazed when they'd go outside and see flowers bigger than them! The quote always cracks me up too...I find myself wishing the same thing quite often!

 
Blogger Kranki said...

The photos are amazing. The quality of light is stunning.

And the quote is pretty great too. I get it.

Happy Sunday!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Did you grow those astonishing sunflowers?? WOW! They look so pretty in those photos! (Now can you post photos of your flank? *heh*)

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Mother Teresa had a pretty good sense of humor, too. And the trust is not misplaced here. I can see you reaching for the sky with as much hope as these beautiful sunflowers.

Happy Sunday, sis!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the Franceso Scavullo of flora and fawn! I have one note in the back of my ragged Bible which I carried to Sunday School as a child: "Remember Romans 8:28." It's a good-urn!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning photos.

I've used that quote before to get through tough times. Enjoy your day!

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Awesome pictures.
Happy Sunday.

 
Blogger Nina said...

Love the quote! Your pictures are stunning. Happy Sunday!

 
Blogger Susie said...

Aw, thanks, soozieq :) I think William is a "flank man." ;)

suzanne, welcome, and thank you so much. Pure luck, these pix.

traci, these are outside the daycare center near my office. I wouldn't be surprised if the wee folk planted them :)

kranki, I'm sure you do get the quote, my friend. God gets all the credit for the flowers and the light.

eclectic, my flank will only be seen here on CT films (unless I can get the lighting JUST right . . . ) :p

squirl, my friend, Katy (coming up next) sent me the quote, and it is actually one I've had on a plaque on my dresser, for years. I couldn't believe I'd never used it in a Sunday Post before. But the timing is good.
See, you get it about the sunflowers. This is why you're my sister. I can't quite articulate it, but I know you get it. There's something unlikely, yet heroic about them.

katy, you're too kind. Thanks again for the reminder of the quote. That verse is a powerful one; it is also one that, when the wrong person says it to you at the wrong time, you want to smack 'em; it has to just be between you and God.

denise, thank you :) You have a lovely day, too.

william, happy Sunday to you, too. Soozieq is spreading rumors about you and me, I think.

hi, nina! This is making me feel good, that y'all are enjoying the sunflowers. I thought the flowers were awesome, but didn't think the pix were all that. I'm happy that something of their glory is coming through, somehow. You have a happy Sunday, too :)

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Great Sunday post again. I wish my sunflowers looked as good as yours. But then, mine grew from birdseed where the squirrels dropped it. I do not recommend this method for growing sunflowers, by the way. The flowers are NOT pretty.

Happy Sunday!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'God has a thousand ways where I can see not one, when all my means have reached their end, then His have just begun.'
~ Esther Guyot

I saw this and thought of you.

Love,
Peaches

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Mother Teresa and me BOTH!

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Hi Susie, you're so sweet to bring us flowers! That's just like you.

I've been feeling like a spy lurking around as 'anonymous' (even though I've always left my name), so I set up my own page last night. I hope you will visit sometime. Lynn

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Nobody ever gets how subtle and sexy sunflowers really are.

Or...maybe I just didn't sleep enough. You pick.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

And on every flower, a little bug must crawl.


*shudders*

 
Blogger Ern said...

(((((HUUUUUUUUGS)))))

 
Blogger Unknown said...

The sunflowers remind me of you, our bright sunny Miss Susie Fairchild.

Hugs!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

THOSE ARE THE BEST PHOTOS YET..I just love sunflowers! Kind of like you - even a glimpse of them brighten your day. To quote Stevie Nicks:

'Sunflowers and your face fascinate me...'

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

I LOVE sunflowers! Adore them!

And your photos are so lovely and cheerful, Miss Susie. Thanks for sharing them.

 
Blogger Effie said...

sunflowers are fun-flowers!

I like Peaches' quote!

Hang in there Lady--we're here for ya!

Love!

 
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Gorgeous flowers!
:o)
Love the quote.
(HUGS)

 
Blogger Froggylady said...

I LOVE how the last one looks like it's giggling with it's petals up over it's mouth.

 
Blogger Michele in Michigan said...

Great flower shots, as always!

I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you, hon.

As for the xray of your pelvis: reminded me of my OB telling me (while I was delivering my daughter) "You have a roomy pelvis." The doc standing behind him said: "I hope you know her well enough to SAY that!" ;)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your photos are really fantastic. Do you see how your photos have changed over the past year? I love watching people use and transform their eyes over time.

It's a gift.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that Mother Teresa quote. It's one of my favorites. And those sunflowers are stunning, too. :)

 


Post a Comment

<< Home