header image

Sunday, August 06, 2006

what's next

Sunday Post ~ "You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith." --Mary Manin Morrissey


Psalm 23

Good morning, dear Ratsasstafarians (thanks to Amy for that gem). Right now my dream is to feel OK. Just OK. Some new symptoms appeared over the past week. Frankly, some scare-me-to-death symptoms. That's the bad news. The good news is that I finally have the attention of a couple of docs who seem to "get" that there is something alarming going on here. Appointments and new tests coming up this week. Please continue the prayers. I'm trying not to be frightened, but I'm in pretty big trouble. Humps ahead. I will tell you as soon as there is something definite to tell. "Definite" has been mighty elusive these last few months.


file under: &Sunday Post

49 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

Humps ahead, we don't ever seem to get these warnings early enough. Life doesn't put up road signs when we need them.

Prayers and lots of love still coming at you, dear sister!

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Prayers to you.

Happy Sunday. WHy do these collection plates smell like rats?

 
Blogger Closet Metro said...

"Humps ahead" sounds like a good thing to look forward to. ;)

Hopefully you'll find that getting over these humps will get you to some smooth sailing.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Susie - All kidding aside. Much love and hugs to you. Prayers and good thoughts for you as well.

And I second what CM said.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I just put up a picture post for you. If you feel up to it come on over for a look. :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well at least you're still getting laid.

Seriously, please keep on keeping us posted...

Some of my strange symptoms have returned as well, but not in quite the strength they were before. It's strange how much information is out there and yet how little many doctors know about what the cause of certain sets of symptoms are, and how some symptoms are related.

Family, love, friendship, the beauty and the humor in every day things, and faith ... a deep appreciation for these things is so important.

Don't forget to have conversations with your body! Don't forget to tell your body how much you love it and want it thrive again. Even when it is being a royal fucking pain in the ass, your body needs to know it is loved.

My brain made the mistake of treating my body like it was failing me, and then my heart was all verklempt and felt like it was in the middle of a deep rift between two lifetime friends, and sometimes it felt like my soul (a woman of very few words) wasn't even hanging around with us anymore. That was waaaaay bad for our "bridge" game, let me tell you true.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Only positive energy, prayers and well wishes are coming your way, Mrs. F.

 
Blogger Nina said...

I wish I could just erase your fears sweetheart. I am sending love, prayers and many hugs. And then more prayers, love, and good vibes your way.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have one question: What is the difference between humps and bumps? I see road signs all the time using either term and want to know who gets to decide if it's a hump or a bump!

All kidding aside, Susie, I'm thinking of you as always. Every ounce of positive energy I have is winging it's way to you right now my sweet friend.

{{{{{Susie}}}}}

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Gosh dang it, this is sounding more and more like you're working with our local docs. "Yep, you're sick." seems to be the extent of what they know.

My guess is that you're wearing bad shoes and it's throwing everything out of balance. :)

 
Blogger Amy said...

I close my eyes
And bow my head
And pray like mad
To ease your dread

Breathe in, and out
And know, dear heart
That each of us
Will do our part.

Like traci said, (((((Susie)))))

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I echo Squirl's words and prayers.

Much love and shalom to you.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie, I'm sorry. Continued good vibes coming your way...

 
Blogger The other me said...

My tummy went over a hump for you ....that feeling of dread is quite the worst, almost worse than actually finding out what the deal is, dratted imagination and all that. I am glad that I found your blog so I can pray for you and marvel at just how funny and clever you are through your words. Helen.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Oh sure, NOBODY else mentions the elephant in the room:

"My humps, my humps my humps my humps, My lovely Lady lumps..."

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU thought about it when you saw that sign, I just KNOW it! But fine, leave it for ME to point out, that's just fine. I can take the heat. And the humps. Got room in that there harness Susie? I got a hankerin' to shoulder up next to you and pull.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I counted the offering this morning, and William's right--there was quite a stench!

You're always on my prayer list, and so are Jif, LG, and your doctors. Please do keep us posted.

 
Blogger Lee said...

I hope it's easily overcome trouble and that the docs get it figured out quickly...good thoughts for you and your family in the mean time!

 
Blogger san said...

i am sending positives vibes to you, susie [i came over from kristine's site]...
i wish you all the best.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Susie, I know firsthand how scary it is to have a bizarre 'mystery illness' with alarming symtoms. I got better. It DOES happen - so try not to let your fear overwhelm your faith. I know that sounds easier than it is. I have the best of hopes for you. I'm sorry you are suffering. Much love to you!

 
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Sending prayers and positive thoughts.

GL!

Julie

 
Blogger Ern said...

Here's to your humps being only lovely lady lumps.

 
Blogger Ern said...

And I just noticed that eclectic beat me to it. :)

 
Blogger Vajana said...

I do believe your sense of humor will get you over any humps or lumps or mumps! Such a great attitude is the best cure.

Lots of good thoughts aimed at you! (((HUGS)))

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, I might have missed the signs, I'm not sure. Thanks for the love and prayers, I'll take all I can get :)

william, stop sniffing the plates and just put the money in. We like the quiet money ;)

cm, leave it to you . . . I am looking forward to smooth sailing.

ck, thank you, sweetie. You second cm in looking forward to the humps?

squirl, thank you for that lovely gift :)

sheryl, no kidding, I am committed to using the parts that still work for as long as they still work. Thank you for the good advice; I need to talk to my body better. Nicer. With more patience.

jim, very much appreciated, my friend.

nina, thank you, it really does make a difference.

traci, when Jif drove me out to take this pic that I had in mind, he pointed out that lumps, bumps and humps all mean basically the same thing. And LG observed, "And they even rhyme." We have very intellectual discussions here, traci. It's good to keep the mind stimulated.

mrB, bad shoe syndrome; I need to research it more, but you might be on to something...

amy, that's the best. Thank you. And thank you for ratsasstafarian, too :)

ssnick, thank you, and to you as well :)

summer, thanks for vibrating for me :)

helen, welcome again, and what a nice thing to say. I don't know about the marvelling, but I am glad you found me so you can join in the praying.

eclectic, a little decorum, please? Who raised you to act like that, in a church, or even a hospital room, for goodness' sake?! Don't you have an older sister or three who might set a better example? (oh. never mind.)

shawkey, thank you for the prayers, and for including the docs. Use a little Febreeze on the plates, and make sure you deposit the offering: money in my bank account, rat's asses in the um . . . rat's ass repository . . .

lee, welcome, and thank you very much :)

sannie, thank you, that's very kind, and much appreciated.

lynn, thanks for telling me this; I'd love to hear your happy ending story, if you get time to email me with it :)

julie, thank you, that's just what I need :)

ern, thanks for the lovely wishes; yes, eclectic is often first with the rude, crude, etc. (I love her very much :)

jana, thank you, I hope you are well, and I hope my sense of humor stays in relative good health; it gets a little achy some days.

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Picked my son up at science camp at the university the other day and they had X-rays taped to the windows. I thought of you.

I think of you lots and wish you well. Not just wish you well, though, wish you WELL.

Hugs.

 
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

 
Blogger kimmyk said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers Susie.

 
Blogger Andrea said...

I already said it all in my e-mail. You know I'm praying.

 
Blogger Judypatooote said...

Susie, I hope they find something out soon....my thoughts and prayers are with you....

I saw the sun flowers Squirl had posted on her blog for you, and I ran across this little quote by Charles Dickens ____"Friends are flowers in the garden of life.." and you my friend have many flowers in your garden......who are all saying a prayer for you...
Bless you Susie...........

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers and the BEST thoughts and GET WELL wishes going out for you. You are so deserving... Donna

 
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

((susie)) hugs and prayers and good vibes headed your way, lovely lady

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll admit that I totally thought of that song when I read the 'humps' sign. Thats a good sign!

You have bootyful humps my dear.

 
Blogger Irish Church Lady :) said...

I hope they figure out what's wrong and get fixin' ya up real soon! Peace and hugs oooo

ICL

P.S. Amy sent me. Bless her heart!

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

If I'm to be a flower in your garden, I wanna be a honeysuckle.

(Oh, okay - so it's not a flower. No one said I had to include accuracy in my crude humor)

Many extra rats' asses to you today, sis!

 
Blogger MrsDoF said...

Yes, Bucky, the honeysuckle is a flower.
But yourself is one of the brighter flowers in Susie's garden.

I sent an e-mail Susie, for the same reason that I don't want to see the all capital letters name on your blog.
~~love and Huggs, Diane

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs and love to you Susie. The prayers of friends on your behalf are a mighty thing-all will be well.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie, I am sending you many healing thoughts. Your body is whole and perfect and you can overcome any obstacle, even the humps. I pray that the universe fills you with health and peace!

 
Blogger Random and Odd said...

For some reason I couldn't post a comment here yesterday, but today I can.
I guess that's Gods way of saying, "Keep it clean honey!"

:)

I love you so much. get better. The princess DEMANDS it.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Susie, It's graphic and kind of gross (sorry) but I blogged about my own mystery illness last night. I read about one of your alarming symtoms on someone else's comments. I hope you're doing better today.

 
Blogger Lynilu said...

I ventured to you blog via several others, and just wanted to say good luck and you will be in my pryers.

 
Blogger mdvelazquez said...

Sending you good vibes and positive karma.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well there ya go . . . the Princess has DEMANDED that you get better, so hop to!

Just wanted to let you know you're in my thoughts today.

 
Blogger dashababy said...

Do the humpty dance* Morris Day and the Time?.... Somebody, somewhere will know what I'm talkin' bout.
Susie,
I just came over to give you virtual hugs and let you know that I too give a rats ass, a big one, mkay. Get better will ya. God is tired of hearing from me I'm sure.
xooxoxxoxo
Dashababymama

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending Prayers and best wishes.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vibed you, babe. And I DO give a rat's ass. Promise!

Hugs.

 
Blogger MilkMaid said...

Rats ass prayers from a lurker...carol

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Still here... still thinking about you, still praying for you and sending good vibes your way.

And still giving a rat's ass. ;)

 
Blogger Susie said...

karen, thanks for the wishing well ;)

thank you, sassy, I do believe it's making a difference :)

kimmyk, thank you, and thanks for stopping in :)

andrea, I know. I'm praying for you and the little GIRL, too :)

judyp, thank you, and bless you, too. I love that flower quote. You're right, there are lots of lovely flowers right here.

donna, that's so kind of you. I don't know about the deserving, but I am VERY grateful.

sfg, thank you! So nice to see you.

Thank you so much, cristin. Hugs back to you :)

peaches, you are way too good to me. I hope you're having a good day.

irishchurchlady, thanks for coming over, and I join you in those hopes. Amy is beyond priceless.

bucky, honeysuckle is, too, a flower, and it's always been one of my very favorites. I still pick them and suck the "honey" out. Well, what are you gonna say about that?

mrsDoF, yep, that Bucky is a real bloomer, all right ;)

deneen, they ARE! They absolutely are a powerful thing. I can't say enough how much I believe that. Thank you :)

rsg, thank you for that :) That is lovely and I will hold onto it.

Princess, God says that to me a lot, too. We really should listen :)

lynn, I read. Thank you, you gave me a lot to consider. I will email you soon. Thank you so much for sharing that.

lynilu, thank you so much. So kind of you to let me know you were here :)

mdvelazquez, thank you; much appreciated :)

thank you, dear shawkey, I don't dare disobey the Princess :)

dashababymama, thanks for the big rat's ass :) I LOVE Morris Day and the Time . . . Jungle Love, right? Thanks for being a pest to God for me. I'm a pest, too.

thank you, barb! :)

cat, you're not that far away; I think I can feel the good vibrations :)

carol, thanks for the RAP :)

ck, you make me sing Lionel Richie this morning: I do love you . . . STILL.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home