header image

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Some Day We'll Look Back on All This and . . . Puke

UPDATE: Saturday, August 12, 10:20 a.m. Mere seconds before swallowing my keep-calm drugs, I just got a call from A. Radiology, telling me they don't have a technician to do my "open MRI." That's OK, because I'm not having an open MRI. The New Rollogist said it has to be closed. Uhoh, they scheduled it for open. Well, can I come in and do a closed? Um, NO. Skip to end of the conversation: closed MRI, Monday, 4 p.m. After I had already done rounded up my CDs, my drugs, and my blogfriends! So, those of you coming around to pray and vibrate and just generally cheer me on or check on me, thank you and God bless you, and go have a great Saturday. And those of you planning to attend just for the Speedo'ed pudding rasslin', please contact William and Nilbo directly to find out if any other such events are scheduled this weekend.


The title of this post is not original. I remember it from a greeting card I sent my dear brother and his wife, many years ago, shortly after their home burned to the ground. Most members of my family of origin share a very warped sense of humor. My sister-in-law saved the card for years.

On Monday, I saw a New Rollogist. He was very nice. He spent an hour with me, and we did fun things. First, he had to make sure I wasn't drunk. Had me do the heel-toe walk, touch my nose, that kind of thing. Once I convinced him I was below the legal limit, he continued with other unusual activities. He tickled me with sharp things and buzzing things. We made funny sounds together and wrote each other notes. Then hopped, barefoot. Hey . . . I wonder if he was a doctor at all. I might have stumbled (and I do mean that) into a Gymboree.

How sweet was he, that he had a big cornucopeia full of Hershey Kisses in the waiting room? And how sick was I, that I didn't even take one?

The New Rollogist could neither confirm nor deny any of the allegations that my symptoms are making against me. He must do an investigation. There's a test tomorrow, then there's a TEST on Saturday. An MRI of my brain. The point being, I am sure, to verify its existence. I know it's a necessary test, and I believe it will provide some helpful information. The thing is, this is the one test I've managed to avoid all these months. I'm claustrophobic, and prone to panic attacks when "contained" in such a way. Sigh. I won't be doing the "open" MRI because he said the closed one gives better results. I'm too far into this mess to risk wasting time with less than the most efficient tests.

So, I will stick my head in a noisy box for 45 minutes on Saturday morning. Good times. I know that some of you have stuck your head in a box before. Got any tips for how to get through it? (And Bucky, I SWEAR . . . don't you even start . . . )

Thank you for all the praying, and vibrating and loving. I abso-damn-lutely KNOW that it makes a difference. It does. I'll let you know when I know something.

You rock, Ratsasstafarians :)

file under: &Partial Nudity

68 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger I'm not here. said...

(((HUGS)))
I'm sending you all the wellness vibes/prayers/thoughts that I have so you can get well!

 
Blogger Judypatooote said...

Susie don't you ever loose your sense of humor.....it will get you through......sending you a hug, and sending up a prayer for you....

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This morning I dreamt that you updated your blog to let us know the outcome of your tests. It was in the sidebar, and it was good news! Let's hope it was a premonition.

J.P. hasn't been a frequent visitor here, but he's aware of your situation. The other night when he said grace, he sent up a few prayers for you and your family (without any prompting from me!).

Not sure if they'll let you take any meds, but I've heard that Ativan can be a good thing for when you have to stick your head in a box.

Hang onto that warped sense of humor. It's served you--and us!--well.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Please hang the results of the MRI in your window. I hear they make grat suncatchers.

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

"stick my head in a noisy box"

Oh, Susie, you DO tempt us so. You might as well have thrown in some monkey talk. Hee.

Love, hugs, and continuous prayers, my friend...

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It may be possible for you to request specific music for your stay in Land O' Giant Noisy Hats. Might that help? Perhaps Jif can call the testing center for you and find out...

When I had my MRI, I just focused on the voice of the operator, and on the music they piped into the tube. I kept my eyes closed for the first half of the test, and when I opened them, I paid attention to the patterns imprinted in the testing machine. Occasionally, I wiggled my toes slightly to remind myself of myself, if you know what I mean.

Best to you, dear.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drugs dear, drugs.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I promise I won't be inside that tube with you this time. But you can picture me outside thinking calming, loving thoughts to you.

That is such a shame when you're too sick to even eat a Hershey's kiss.

I like Sharkey's premonition. We'll all be pulling for that.

And it looks Ladybug will pick up the torch and run with it when Bucky's not available. ;)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...it's not the closedness of the closed MRI that bothers me (I've had 4), it's the noise, it's freezing in those things, it's having to lie there perfectly still (which is nearly impossible for someone with a herniated L5/S1 that decides to pinch a nerve and then pain and tingling starts going through my left leg), it's the noise again, it's realizing too late that I asked for the wrong music in the headphones, it's the headphones are suddenly uncomfortable and I can't adjust them because I have to lie perfectly still.....

....see, there's so much more to focus on than being closed in. Oh, and you can also lie there and worry about whether you have a brain ;)

*hugs* to you, susie! I hope they figure this out for you so you can start recovering from whatever it is!

love,
lil sis

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad the drs are paying extra attention now. I hope that your noisy symptoms point to a solution.

 
Blogger Random and Odd said...

When I started scuba diving I had a similar problem.
I went into a 7-11 before one of my dives and if you've ever been with me during a panic attack you'll know I have a destinct look. The guy ringing up my purchased noticed.
"First dive?"
"Nope, just feels like it."

He then told me his secret for getting through his panic attacks that he knows are going to happen: eg: a big dive, rollercoaster, mri.
He said, "Pick a song. RIGHT NOW."

For some reason I picked The Beatles "Octopus's Garden" and he told me to sing it OUTLOUD and then after I go into the water keep singing it. It's hard to focus on anything when you're trying to remember every word to a song.

I still use that, but I also use the A-Z game.
A-Z Places I would rather be;
A: African outback
B: Bakery full of pastries
and you keep going until you get to the end.
Then you start over with a different topic.

OR you can pretend that you're on the show HOUSE!! whoo!

hee hee.

I love you sweetie. BE WELL. I demand it.

 
Blogger Susie said...

MoDis, hugging you back. Thank you for hanging in there with me :)

judyp, humor is one of God's greatest gifts, I do agree. Thank you for all your help :)

shawkey, I love this. LadyBug had a good dream a while ago, too. I am definitely going to believe they were premonitions. Please thank JP, that's the sweetest thing. And I haven't emailed you yet, but when I do, I will tell you that I SO appreciate your remembering my family in your prayers. This is very hard on them. Our (their) whole summer has been taken up with this; vacations cancelled, not much fun going on. And I am going to take some meds, I've decided, in addition to the other suggestions here.

william, oh, sure, you'd like that, wouldn't you? Hang my brain in the window for all the neighbors to see? Hmph.
OK!

ladybug, thanks for the continuity :) Monkeytalk? What in the world . . .

summer, thank you for the suggestion. I had an MRI (open, which was plenty closed enough for me) of my lower half, and the music sucked. It didn't even occur to me that I could ask for different music. As I recall, it was a lot of songs about people getting stuck and suffocating and dying in an MRI tube. At least that's what I think they were singing about . . .

m&co, I hear ya ;)

squirl, thank you, sis. And yes, our sweet little ladybug can fill in for Bucky in a pinch, can't she?

lilsis, FOUR? Goodgrief! This will be my first closed one, first head one. Wouldn't you think they could put a silencer on the damned thing?

daphne, thank you, and yes, I think I have some good listeners, finally.

Princess, this is all good. I can use this. You're cute when you're all bossy ;)

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Bring some CDs, maybe they'll let you rock out whilst in there.

Tests, tests, nuttin' but tests.

 
Blogger Nina said...

Every time I have to stick my head in a box . . . I lay there doing self-hypnosis and if that doesn't work I have already taken xanax as a backup. :)

As always prayers, love and hugs.

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Susie, I'm so relieved to hear from you! I hope you got my email. The exception I told you I would make for you? I did it. I will continue to do it.

I just had a thought about your test. Hmmm... happy pills, music... Maybe it won't be so bad. Could you pretend it's a wild night out? I don't supposed they'd let you nip a little whiskey first?

 
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Drugs, any and all they'll give you.

 
Blogger The Q said...

I will be thinking of you on Saturday, just like I think of you EVERY SINGLE DAY.

 
Blogger dashababy said...

I feel for ya babe, I almost freaked out in the tanning bed a couple months ago. The only thing that kept me from bolting was the fact that I knew I could get up and leave whenever I wanted and you can too, just remember that if it's too much, just say STOP! Of course you know you have to do it all over again but just know that you are not completely trapped.
Luvs xoxoxox

 
Blogger Homestead said...

I had to have a series of those nasty MRI's a few years ago when I thought I had a pokey starfish living in my head. There is no real way to make it a "fun" experience....

1. Wear cute socks... maybe some with crocheted (sp?) animals on the toes. Then focus on the mirror (there's a mirror in there to help with the closed in feeling) and try to get your toes to perform a puppet show.

2. Ask for valium. (seriously.)

3. Take your own cd's and ask for them at high volume.

4. Wear your sunglasses.

5. Whatever you do, don't think about how much your nose itches....

 
Blogger The other me said...

I had to have a test where I stuck my head in a box whilst having hairsized wires placed across my EYEBALLS.....then they said I couldn't blink. Somehow, I managed to get through 55 minutes with my head in said box, with wires across eyeballs. I spent the whole time daring myself not to shriek either with hysterical laughter or insanity.
You can do it....spend the time mentally writing your blog. I find myself writing my blog in the most bizarre situations.....thereby forgetting the reality of what a horrible place I find myself in. I actaully almost enjoyed doing a face plant on gravel because I knew it would make a good entry....(I am thinking I should maybe book myself the appointment after you to check if indeed I have a brain too!)

 
Blogger Nilbo said...

What works for me is to think about sex.

Not necessarily during an MRI. Just, like ... all the time. It just works for me.

So, I guess this is no help at all. But I enjoyed it.

 
Blogger Candy said...

Stay up the night before, worried. Get to the test and take your valium/xanax/ativan/whatever good drugs they give you, then when they stick you in that box, hum a little song in your head and try to pass the fuck out.

Thats what I did.

Go in tired, then let the drugs zonk you out and try to pretend that your just in a happy little bubble of some kind, that loves you and just likes to hug you for long periods of time.

Of course I also think owning 12 cats is a good idea, so that my advice with that in mind....

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Susie, I LOVE the premonition... you know we're all there with you. Maybe not in the tube with you, but standing all around it, holding hands, thinking good, healing, positive vibes for you.

Hugs, Susie Q-zee.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Oh I know....Picture the drs. in their underwear...no wait even better...picture Nilbo in his underwear.

 
Blogger Random and Odd said...

William, we are trying to find ways to CALM her nerves, not send her into an anxiety attack.

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Mind games like Random and Odd's A-Z would work for me. If you have a few ideas like that as a backup, along with all the other stuff, you should be able to get through it. And, if you ever get distracted, just focus on the moment rather than how much time has passed or how much time is left. Or sing the song Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show to yourself (just remember not to do the actions). ;-)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, checking to see if you have a brain eh? Me thinks this could be the cause of all your uhhh, problems my child.

I'm glad I checked in tonight. Love you hunny.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Still with you 100%, Susie. It's almost evening prayer time and you're first on my list.

 
Blogger MrsDoF said...

The physical therapist had me working all those little exercises when what I had turned out to be carpal tunnel syndrome. Of course my shoulders were involved, and the ringing in the ears, and the back spasms.
But those movements are what we started with, to figure out what symptoms to rule out.
If you've ever had a kinesiology class, you might understand more of the reasoning behind such treatment.
There was one afternoon when I was a Sub in the School-Age Room and I had the kids do crazy little movements. They were amazed that I was right, but knowing what muscles and nerves work together is very helpful.

I have never had an MRI, but the sonogram of my thyroid had me holding still for long enough.
I imagined I was on a beach and the waves were rolling in all calm and serene.

My fingers are still crossed on your behalf.
~~love and Huggs, Diane

 
Blogger Kranki said...

One word-Ativan.

XO

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Susie the Magnificent - I'm sure someone's already posted it, but when I have to be in a confined space, I listen to an audio book and let my mind get swept away. Try it!

Then, before you know it, the new rollogist will find that it was INDEED shin splints and I was right and you owe me a coke.

 
Blogger san said...

Good luck... and don't lose your sense of humor. It's priceless!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Good God... William is picturing Nilbo in his underwear... wait, is it Nilbo's underwear or William's?

 
Blogger Torrie said...

Thinking about you all the time.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While you are in that chamber why not plan a dream vacation for you, Jif and LG? Imagine what you will pack, etc. Think about all the fun stuff you'll do and how happy everyone will be. Let your imagination run wild! You could look at a website for, say, DisneyWorld beforehand to get some images going...

 
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I'm claustrophobic too. I had an upper GI test once and it was a little stressful but knowing that they were finally gonna be able to figure out what was wrong with me (and that I'd finally escape my pain) was enough to get me through it. I'll be thinking of you on Saturday!

GL

Julie

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

I'm claustrophobic too, and have had at least 7 MRIs.
Close your eyes going in.
The hammering noise is rthymic, compose a song, or listen to the music provided.
Medication would probably be nice, call your New Rollogist and see what he can do for you!
Remember, we'll all be in there with you, ok?

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Now, now...contrary to popular belief, I have never stuck my WHOLE HEAD in the box. My girlfriend's middle name is NOT "Caverna."

So, if I'm gathering correctly from everyone's advice, you should be tired when you get there, take some druuuugs, listen to some sweet sweet soul music, and think about Nilbo stepdancing in a Speedo.

Oh, "sex", not "stepdancing"...I tend to get those confused. Which would explain why Michael Flatley won't return my calls...

 
Blogger Callie said...

Hey Susie - new here, got the link from Dawn's site.

First of all - I totally totally know what you're going through, and it SUCKS ASS. And not those little rat's asses, either. Big fat gorilla asses.

Secondly, and you're already doing it - keep a sense of humor. Believe it or not, it helps.

Third - doctors do not know everything. Keep going through them until you find one that's curious enough to go exploring in places that don't seem to match, but on a hunch, because of something he/she heard/read/saw on tv/whatever, thinks may lead to some new information.

And finally, if there's time and opportunity, have sex before the MRI. That way, you'll be happy and tired, and too preoccupied to think about the stupid thing.

Good luck, and I'll be coming back to read more!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Susie! I see your comments all the time on Squirl's blog, but I've never stopped by yours. Silly me! Anyway, I don't do the prayer thing, but I can do the good mojo thing. I hope you get thru the MRI okay and the big tube doesn't suck you into the bowels of the underworld! ;) (I kid, I kid!)

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Susie, please check this out: www.chirotechnics.blogspot.com and look at the COMMENTS for recent post titled "Did y'all catch me on TV?" I hope you don't mind. It's just that you're kind of like the Ferris Bueller of the blog world.

 
Blogger Ern said...

Been thinking about you, sending good thoughts and prayers. *smooch*

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just sent you an email, and I hope it helps.

Its alot of the same things here. It is cold in there, I always ask for blankets. (I've had a few of these).

Sending you love and prayers.

Trying not to picture Nilbo in Williams underware. I really dont want that mental picture in my head ;-)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

What? Nilbo and William are gonna rassle in their underwear?

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Now, I come in here to give Susie love, hugs, and well wishes. And then Dawn and Bucky get images of guys wrestling whilst wearing only underwear.

If that doesn't make you laugh then I don't know what will.

Thinking of you, sis!

 
Blogger amysue said...

Just wanted to say that I loved the post about how to hadnle and unexpected illness and also that as someone who gets MRIs 4-5 times a year to monitor her health, I find wearing socks, coming dressed in sweats, oversized top and sports bra (no metal) so I don't have to wear the non fitting johnny, helps. I don't have much problems with the tunnel part, but I hear valium works wonders. Mostly it's incerdiably boring. My scans are long and I live for the silly breath holding sequences just to liven things up a bit.

Good luck and be well.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever I have to do anything scary or unpleasant, I tell myself- this is 45 minutes of your life. It's a drop in the bucket. It's nothing. You may not even remember it. Think of the things you have been through- HA! I laugh at you 45 minutes of fear and discomfort.

Good luck!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Ativan. For the uneasy-with-enclosed-spaces-who-have-to-nonetheless-be-in-enclosed-spaces.

I would go be enclosed for you, since: a) I'd love to have proof that my brain exists; b) uninterrupted time by myself in a supine position sounds heavenly; c) enclosed spaces sound cozy to me; and finally and most importatnly d) I'd do 'most anything to make this easier for you. Sadly, no one (except me) is interested in seeing my brain.

You'll be fine, it'll be over sooner than you think, and you'll get extra credit points for having been so brave. Those matter, y'know.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I have tests, I usually spend at least part of the time praying. And I think about how grateful I am that there are these fancy high-tech machines that can look inside me and tell the doctors how I'm doing.

Thinking of you tonight, and you'll definitely be on my mind tomorrow.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you received the email with
the information.

 
Blogger Susie said...

mrB, I will be selecting some CDs. It's not easy, though; what goes well with the sound of a freight train/space ship/jackhammer?

nina, yea, that sounds right. I'll have breathing, and imaging, and valium -- that's what the New Rollogist has given me to take.

lynn, I love to hear about people making that particular exception; it makes me feel like there's some "purpose" in this illness. Hmmm, I don't think I've ever had a night so wild as to end up drugged in a tube with all metal removed from my person. That's wild. I'll email you as soon as I can :)

sassy, it'll be 3 valium. If that doesn't do it, I'll have to abort the mission until they give me more drugs.

soozieq, thank you for that. I truly do believe all the support I get here makes a difference in how I feel.

shell, I do have to have "with and without" contrast. I didn't realize that could double the time. blech. I did get into the clicks when I had the open MRI before; that does help pass the time, a bit.

dashababymama, OK, I'll pretend I'm in a tanning bed :) After 45 minutes, I'll come out mighty toasty.

homestead, first, congratulations :) Got the valium, got some magic sox that Squirl sent me; I'm intrigued by the thought of a pokey starfish in my head; no one has mentioned anything nearly that interesting.

tom/helen, that's an awful test! I'll lie there being thankful I don't have eyeball wires.

nilbo, what works better for me is to actually HAVE sex. But I don't think that's happening at that time and that place tomorrow. If it does, though, you'll be the . . . third to know.

JR, a happy little bubble that likes to hug me? OK, I'll pretend I'm a Teletubbie.

CK, I'll lie there like Miss Sally from Romper Room: I see CK, and Squirl, and Jim . . . and anyone whom I don't know what they look like, I'll just make them up, very flatteringly, of course :)

william, so you're saying if I picture Nilbo outside the tube in his undies, I'll feel better being on the INSIDE of the tube? Hmmm. Interesting approach...

Princess, see above; this could work ;)

karen, 45 minutes (or 90) is a long time; I'm sure I'll use some of those games and songs.

traci, you've got me singing the Scarecrow's song from the Wizard of Oz, "with the thoughts I'd be thinkin', I could be another Lincoln..."

ssnick, thank you so much. Someday soon I hope all these prayers can be changed to just "thank yous" to God :)

mrsDoF, it is all rather fascinating; and this has turned into quite the mystery. I hope it's solved soon.

kranki, thank you; I hope you're feeling well now.

jim, my shins and I would love to buy you that coke :)

sannie, thank you :) I'll try not to leave it in the tube when I exit. Or better, I'll try to make sure I take it with me into the tube.

CK, ain't this a revoltin' development? Now I have to think about Nilbo and William out there swapping drawers? What are you trying to do to me, CK?

torrie, thank you; I know I'll be OK. I will write soon :)

bonmach, thought I'd give you a French nickname there, hope you don't mind :) You are so right; do y'all have like a rubber stamp or a sticker I could slap on the machine when I'm done? YPS!!!!

katy, vacation planning sounds like a fine idea :)

jjboboo, you're right, one more step toward figuring this out and getting my life back; that will make it worth whatever I have to do.

sierrabella, thank you. I'm such a big baby; I'm sorry you've had to have so many.

bucky, that thing is LOUD. I'm going to switch your scenario to Nilbo TAP dancing, to compete with the machine.

callie, thank you, my dear. Excellent suggestions, all. I do need a curious doctor. I'm hoping I've found a couple; we'll know soon.

courtney, the bowels of the underworld? It can do that? Damn, that wasn't even on my list of BTTCH in the MRI! (Bad Things That Can Happen) Thanks for the mojo :)

lynn, I popped in there quickly but didn't read comments yet. I'll go back. Ferris Bueller? That cracks me up and scares me a little bit. So tomorrow I'll pretend I'm in a parade singing Twist and Shout! Or maybe not, since I have to lie perfectly still...

ern, thanks a bunch, and smooches backatcha :)

peaches, thanks for the email. Yea, the underwear switching is getting a little disturbing, isn't it?

bucky, I cannot tell a lie. As I have already confessed in email, this whole "sick" thing was just a hoax to try to get William and Nilbo rassling in their undies :) Busted, I am.

squirl, it's all good :)

amysue, thanks for the reminder to not wear metal; it is better if you can stay in your own clothes and not those horrid gowns.

heartworks, that way of thinking is helpful to me, too. I can do most anything for 45 minutes.

eclectic, you're back! Yay. I for one, would love to look at your brain. What can I do with all these extra credit points I've been racking up?

shawkey, that is very much what I do, have done, recently with the various scans and whatnot. Give thanks for equipment, insurance, all that give me every chance to get well; then go down the list of people I pray for, family, friends, including everyone here, by name and by "all those kind blog people who pray for me and think of me" :)

anon, I think I know which anon you are, but just in case, I will say that I have about half a dozen emails with suggestions for resources, offers of help. I will reply to each, and I absolutely appreciate everyone who has taken time to research and offer help. Thank you :)

 
Blogger Jenni said...

I had a closed MRI done too, and it was defintely loud. Like hammers banging the device all around you loud. But it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Just look into the little mirror behind your head if you get panicky, and hopefully you'll see (as I did) the MRI tech smiling and waving back at you. Hang in there!

 
Blogger Susan said...

here via Squirl. Hope all goes well on your MRI. I like the quote you gave from Mother Theresa on Sunday.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should still swallow a few of those keep-calm drugs. You know, a dry run couldn't hurt.

 
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

"what goes well with the sound of a freight train/space ship/jackhammer?"

Let's see. The soundtrack to Titan AE, a two disc set I put together called Train Tracks and either Primus or Elvis Aaron Presley.

Actually you could use a Jon Spencer Blues Explosion disc called Orange too.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Oh now, that's just not right. Didn't they do that with the mammagram too? I never knew scheduling was such tricky business. *sigh*

/settling in to wait for Monday.

 
Blogger Andrea said...

"those of you coming around to pray and vibrate and just generally cheer me on..."

SOMEONE has got to come up with some good response to that (probably Nilbo or Bucky...)

 
Blogger Nina said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. At least they could have waited mere seconds after you took your keep calm drugs, not before. I'm off to go vibrate . . .

 
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Susie, I'm going to see the glass as half-full. This is more time for me to keep making that particular exception.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I had to be gone during the day so I just saw your update. Well, I'm glad I have a time for you on Monday.

I hope you can still enjoy what you can of the rest of the weekend.

Look how love you are, sweetie. :)

 
Blogger Susie said...

jenni, welcome, and thanks for that. I didn't know there would be a mirror. My husband will stay with me, so I'll look at his handsome face, kind eyes . . . just a little gray at the temples . . . nice :)

oops, thanks for stopping in :) I like that quote too, and I like your name.

shawkey, you don't know how tempted I was, or maybe you do, but he only gave me three pills, so I better hang onto 'em. I was all, "Now I have to put a completely different head on! This one was all about getting ready for the MRI this morning...everything must be recalibrated!"

mrB, you could moonlight as a DJ in the MRI chamber...

eclectic, scheduling is very tricky; that is the corollary to "timing is everything."

andrea, when you take it out of context like that, it sounds much more . . . exotic . . . doesn't it? That's a little frightening, actually, I think I've seen movies where people do that sort of thing . . .

nina, hmmm, I'm not able to work much, but I seem to have developed the skill of inciting people to vibrate . . . wonder if there's any career potential in that? ;)

lynn, you don't know how happy and excited your comment made me. I was just thinking about what Sunday Post quote to use when you left your comment, and as you'll see, you decided for me :)

squirl, thank you, sis. I hope your day was good. And yes, I've never actually met a nicer bunch of people . . . that I've never actually met :)

 
Blogger Closet Metro said...

I'm thinking the Beatles' "Yellow Submarine" might be a fairly appropriate song for being stuck in a tiny tube. That or Soundgarden's (or Johnny Cash's cover of) "Rusty Cage."

 
Blogger Opera Gal said...

regular reader, mostly lurker to the comments.

i think you should have the technicians read all of these comments out loud to you during your MRI.

I had mine done while I was still in music school - they sang along with the music during mine so I would know they were still there.

;)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

In the midst of my new busy-ness you are in my thoughts—and prayers. Extra special prayers on Monday; hoping you get some good news.

 
Blogger The Q said...

Just popping in to say "Hi" and "How YOU doin'?" I hope things went as planned today!

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Also checking in to see how things went. Lots and lots of prayers.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you will even check a post this old, but I still feel the need to contribute to this one. I am just found your blog - I wish I had seen if BEFORE your MRI. I heard on tv one time that an MRI sounded kinda like a train so when I had mine, I just made the noise into train noises and pretended I was taking a nap on the way to somewhere wonderful. (I think I did actually doze for a few minutes, too.) I am also not too fond of small tiny spaces like that so I closed my eyes BEFORE I was slid into the tube - and didn't open them again until I was done!!! (I will admit I was going to try to open them but when i saw how close I was, my heart started racing so I closed them quickly and took deep breaths to calm down; then I focused on the sound of the train clicking on the tracks again...)

 
Blogger Susie said...

kristina, I wouldn't have checked the post, but the comments go to an email box, too. I did end up pretending to be on a train. An old song from Sunday School popped into my head, a train song, about going to see Jesus, and I sang it in my head, among other things, as the train rattled along. I opened my eyes once or twice, but decided, like you, that no good could come from that. Thanks for stopping in. I hope you are well from whatever was going on that required your MRI.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home