header image

Sunday, February 26, 2006

hair play

Sunday Post ~

"Play is the work of a child;
Play is the renewal of an adult." -- Joseph Lee


Matthew 18:1-5

file under: &Sunday Post

21 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger WILLIAM said...

I love the line "Play is the work of a child." I use it all the time. I did not realize there was a second part to it.

Happy Sunday to you Susie.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Play is definitely the renewal of the adult. And we always take the opportunity to play here in blogland. Sure, there is pain, there are shared tears, but through it all we still manage to have a lot of fun. I'm sure that's why I feel so comfortable in the blog neighborhood.

Happy Sunday, Susie!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Like William, I didn't know there was a second part to it. Sorta explains the cheerleading uniforms, now, doesn't it?! Hugs to you, and Happy Sunday!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

P.S. -- How cool am I now?? I'm like William!!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice photograph - very artsy :) But if we go by your bible passage and the quote, I don't know what to do. The quote says that play is the work of a child and the passage says to become more childlike - hence play becomes work. But then the quote says play is the renewal of an adult so therefore it's no longer work and...

ow. My head hurts.

Is it ok to just be generally nice to people and then go eat sushi?

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Susie, I love the picture and the quote, but Jim's comment gave me a headache. :)

Happy Sunday!

word verfication: csfibllu -- See if I blue? See I fib you?

 
Blogger Susie said...

nikki, maybe when we have a blog girls' PJ party, we can "wrap" each other's hair -- and make only nice comments about everyone's oranges ;) Some days, or at least some moments, I am 10.
I got your explanation on the other post; if you have time, go see my question about that :)

william, I saw that on a poster in a co-worker's office :) Happy Sunday to you, too.

squirl, this is absolutely my playground, and I have such fun playmates, such as yourself ;)

candace, thank you; you would know lovely :)

eclectic, well, it's ONE possible explanation for the cheerleading uniforms ;) William is the COOLEST of the cool, IMO. You are in good company, indeed.

jim, first, you get a gold star on your permanent record for looking up the scripture.
Second . . . STOP IT! You're giving the other children headaches! GO PLAY!

CK, I know, baby, I took care of him :) Happy Sunday to the whole circus.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Susie, this just touched my heart is SO many ways.

Brennen said something this morning with regard to Deb, and I updated my last post with what my dear son said.

Please go check it out. I updated it before coming here, and i'm just crying this morning. I've been researching ALL, and just tears flowing.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nikki- i'm going to check out the blurb now. Thanks for that.

I sent an email to all of my blogging friends that go to school with me. I know several of them are praying people, and some are not; but sending positive vibes and thoughts will come through.

Love,
Dawn

 
Blogger Nina said...

I love Sundays ~ wonderful quote . . . and I think it is time to go play.

 
Blogger Susie said...

dawn, thank you for that, and for everything. Your boy is always amazing; he must have some kinda special mama :) You are an excellent captain, there, missy. I think you will single-handedly bring hairy legs back into fashion :p

nina, the thought of you playing tickles me tremendously; I hope you have a fun day, whatever you play :)

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Aw! I remember spending time with the girlfriends and doing each other's hair. Good times.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I think I need to play more—a lot more.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

But...what if play never stops being the center of one's life?

Does that prevent the growing up part of the equation?

I'm betting on it.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love hairy legs to be in fashion! I justify it because its winter and long pants are worn. Makes sence to me!

I am amazed at some of the things the boys say and do. Not to sound concited, but, yes, they do have a good mama. I make mistakes, and i'm never going to be perfect, but they learn alot, and things they say and do comes from somewhere.
Thank you for that.

 
Blogger Susie said...

kranki, I know; slumber parties are the best. I think grown-up girls should have them, too, but I haven't arranged that, yet . . .

chchchchia, the non-firm oranges are fine, thanks; I really did consider how to post them here, you know, for inspirational purposes; I'm still working on that, it could happen ;)

ssnick, then, by all means, PLAY!

bucky, your place is the first place I go when I went to play. Sometimes I stop at the fence and run home screaming, but it's the first place I go. You, my dear, are a PLAYAH! A world-class playah :) Homies in your bra . . . good times . . .

lawbrat, I saw something that made me think of you tonight and I gotta send it. If you read this, email me your current address :)

 
Blogger August95 said...

Great picture Susie. Happy Sunday.

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Is it ok to just be generally nice to people and then go eat sushi?

I hope so, because it's something I do. A lot.

Beautiful Sunday Post, Susie. I always visit you for inspiration.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

DON'T go over to Kranki's anymore until later, Susie. Whatever you do, DON'T go see Kranki's comments.




*heh*

 
Blogger Judypatooote said...

I have to smile every time I drop in on your blog sight....I think that your heading is so cool..... I love the picture and the quote...

 
Blogger Amy said...

When I saw this picture I remembered how my friends and I would sit one after the other, train style, braiding each other's hair.

Man, those were good times.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home