header image

Friday, February 24, 2006

Biscuit Friday ~ One of the Girls

On a recent Friday night, LG's Junior Girl Scout Troop spent the night at our house. They "worked" on earning their "Looking Your Best" badges. This involved learning to take proper care of skin, hair, nails; healthy eating; and discovering what colors look best on them. As always seems to be the case when there are extra kids in the house, Biscuit thought it was all about him. He seems to believe that he is the guest of honor at any such gathering, and the girls do nothing to disabuse him of this notion.

He had his "colors done:"

colors 2

colors 1


He made the rounds of the sleeping bags on the family room floor, giving each of his guests a goodnight kiss:

saying goodnight

And in the morning, he assumed the position for a belly rub, one of the greatest pleasures in his furry little life:

tummy rub

I must admit, Biscuit was not the only one who felt like "one of the girls" that night and morning. I participated in all the fun, girly stuff, and I felt so honored that LG wanted to include me in the "hair wrapping." This was new to me, but very exciting. My hair is shoulder-length. LG made one braid and wrapped it, in purple and green thread. When she was done, I felt SO cool; SO fresh; SO bouncy; SO 10-years-old . . . until the next morning. Oh, I still had my cool, fresh, bouncy young 'do; but one of those MEAN GIRL Scouts smacked me back to middle-aged reality, as I was happily serving their breakfast:

"Cara, honey, don't you want more fruit? You usually like a lot . . ."

"Mrs. Fairchild . . . I hate to have to tell you this, but YOUR ORANGES ARE NOT FIRM."

*blink* *blink* Did she just . . .

:(

23 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Unknown said...

She's 10 and she'll realize when she's 24 that your oranges are firmer than most.

Good thing Jif didn't serve bananas, huh?

So...can you wrap MY hair? That's so cool - very Beyonce.

 
Blogger LadyBug said...

No, she didn't. Not at all.

Now, if she'd said, "Your melons..."

 
Blogger Susie said...

jim, I know I've asked before, but are you TOTALLY committed to the gay thing . . . I thank you for the generous in absentia orange assessment ;) Beyonce! Don't get me started; I could totally lick her face; and face-licking is not one of my proclivities, generally speaking, but she is just SO pretty. I will, of course, wrap your hair. Uh, Jim . . . how much hair you got there?

ladybug, *snork* Now, see, if she'd said THAT, she wouldn't have been talkin' to ME! With the oranges, no, she was totally going there . . .

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

There is nothing like fresh squeezed oranges...

 
Blogger Judypatooote said...

It's nice that Biscuit likes to get involved.....what a cute mascot....are your little girls scouts out selling cookies? I just did my post on my girl scout days.....a few................years ago....lol

 
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Oh, I so can't wait for the comments to accumulate on this one...

Wish I was witty enough to contribute. Frankly, I'm still trying to square the whole Beyonce thing. (Because, I mean, you are too good for her, Susie. It'd never work.)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The nerve! I'll take un-firm oranges to kumquats anyday.

Boy, Girl Scouts sure has changed since I was in it.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I always wonder what's up with the fruit metaphors? And I'm sure your oranges are just fine. That little girl has no clue about oranges yet. :-)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Heh... I'm pretty sure she just meant the oranges. Still, can you take her badge away for insulting her hostess like that?

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Biscuit is so good to share her time with other people.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

At least there was no commentary relative to your kiwi fruit. So that's a blessing...

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mushy oranges are better than limp bananas any day.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I was told by my best friend in high school that each of my breasts resembled nothing so much as an orange in the bottom of a mesh bag. And then she gave me the nickname Pendulous Mammarus Minimus.

OK, now I need fresh therapy.

 
Blogger Susie said...

william, that has always been my position. And you would know, I mean living in Florida and all . . . you can probably just shake a tree any time you want . . .

judyp, we well cookies in the fall; that's always a huge production :)

karen, I'm too good for Beyonce? That may well be the nicest bizarre, surreal compliment I've ever received here ;)

zuhn, I agree (I think) ;)

chchchchia, you are right, Biscuit is a winter. Now, my oranges on a Sunday Post... you really think? You really think someone would find such a thing inspirational? I'll see what I can do ;)

squirl what IS up with the fruit metaphors? Oranges, melons, kumquats here . . . and I am in possession of a certain photograph of our sister in which there appear to be depicted . . . gourds, or um squash maybe . . . oh wait, that was supposed to be private! Never mind, my bad ;)

ck, I will look into that; there really should be some consequence!

hoss, you do remember that Biscuit is a boy? Although, he is, of course, a transvestite.

eclectic, nope, no kiwi complaints as yet :)

sharkey, no truer words . . .

bucky, good thing you got some better friends than that now! (Pay no attention to my comment to squirl)
You remind me of this game: You cut the legs off of panyhose, and you drop in the bottom (toe portion) of each leg, a grapefruit. Then, using a ball -- I don't care what ball, any sort of ball -- you swing the leg with the grapefruit in the bottom and try to wack the ball to the goal -- think soccer, except with pantyhose and grapefruits! Good times :)

 
Blogger MrsDoF said...

Biscuit is beautiful wearing any color combination. Or just his furry li'l self.
Are you already planning the next party for LG? A game of whacking a ball with a grapefruit stuck inside pantyhose?
That would be worthy of pictures.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

That dog is such a flirt!!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohman...she DIDN'T!!! LOLMAO

Thanks, I needed that! ROFL

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I assume Biscuit was the life of the party—I mean, the "work" on earning the "Looking Your Best" badges.

 
Blogger Susie said...

mrsDoF, that is actually a game that some of the older folks at my church have played. I personally have not played yet, but I shall have to, because the thought of it just cracks me up!

kranki, he IS! I cannot imagine where he learned such behavior!

nikki, oh, honey. I love my pretty new blog, but believe me, it has seen some tears. You can cry here. And I absolutely miss that mean Shoshie. Please hug her for me.
Ha! So Neiman Marcus has "knocked off" the Angel Tamponia? Damn them! I demand some $$!

traci, ain't it awful? Rotten kid!

ssnick, Biscuit was very inspirational. He's all about looking his best ;)

 
Blogger Joseph said...

Biscuit is the perfect mascot.

Susie, you should of served Grapefruit, it would of translated better here for this group, that or Cantelope. Oranges are creating a smaller image. I know you are just trying to soften the blow, but as mentioned over at Metro's site, I'm good with the boobage.

Personally though, you know how I love bananas.

 
Blogger Susie said...

greenie, I love you, and I miss you. You are making me laugh so hard. You know, I was thinking about this last night, God help me, because I've apparently lost my mind, but no, the kid said oranges, and THAT is what I took personally. Not quite grapefruits here, boy, and DEFINITELY not canteloupe haaahaaa; oh, you're killing me. NOW. I will say, we are not referring to those meager 10-in-a-bag for $2 oranges; no, we're talking the good stuff, the larger, jucier . . . Italian oranges, but yea, ORANGES! heeheeee Oh, did anybody happen to see where I put my dignity . . . I know it's around here somewhere ;)
I hope you encounter a fabulous banana somewhere in your travels today, bro :p

 
Blogger Nina said...

Well I am impressed with the oranges, firm or not. They are better than apples . . . or plums and/or prunes.
I was waiting to see Biscuit's hair wraps, you know in his colors.

 
Blogger SassyFemme said...

She didn't, but I'm ROFLMAO!!! Love those Biscuit pictures!

 


Post a Comment

<< Home