header image

Sunday, January 15, 2006

faith

Sunday Post ~ "Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.



Ephesians 3:16-21

file under: &Sunday Post

10 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

Oh, Susie, a Martin Luther King quote today for his birthday. That's great. It's also a good quote. It's hard to explain faith and why we believe as we do to someone.

Thanks, and have a great Sunday!

 
Blogger JessicaRabbit said...

What about escalators?


:)


What? I cant help it, puppy nibbles have made me crazy.

 
Anonymous lawbrat said...

The quote is fantastic.

Knowing and having faith of the how wide, deep, high his love is...is sometimes/often so difficult to keep in mind.
Sundays at your place is always a good place for such reminders.

Hope your feeling better!

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, yea, and you remind me of another quote. I think it was Mark Twain, but don't quote me on that ;) -- "For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who don't, none is possible."

jess, getting on an escalator is inherently an act of faith :)

lawbrat, thank you, and I am doing much better :)

 
Anonymous lawbrat said...

The quote you wrote in response to squirl, I LOVE IT!

 
Blogger Nina said...

WOW and I mean WOW . . . I love the MLK quote. It is so true and describes Faith so well. :)

 
Blogger hellokittn said...

If you would have seen the building I just moved out of, you would have thought getting on the elevator was an act of faith as well.

There is no "easy way up," it's always better to take the stairs, right?

Much love to you Susie!!!

 
Blogger abcd said...

Sometimes faith is not enough. Faith gets confused with hope and when you lose hope you lose faith.
Then you hope you find some faith again.

Nikki

 
Blogger Sometimes Saintly Nick said...

"The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood." ~ The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.


Amos 5:24

 
Blogger Susie said...

lawbrat, that is one of my favorites, too, and one of the very few that I remember without having to go look it up. (Although I probably should look it up to see if it is, indeed Mark Twain.)

thank you, nina :)

chchchchia, I suppose it is :) Have you turned into one of us Steel Magnolias yet?

nikki, I have turned your comment every whichaway, and I realize that for me, I can't really separate the two. Can't have much of one without the other.

ssnick, I remember that verse from a speech, too. Very "moving," as it were ;)

 


Post a Comment

<< Home