header image

Sunday, January 15, 2006

faith

Sunday Post ~ "Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.



Ephesians 3:16-21

file under: &Sunday Post

8 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

Oh, Susie, a Martin Luther King quote today for his birthday. That's great. It's also a good quote. It's hard to explain faith and why we believe as we do to someone.

Thanks, and have a great Sunday!

 
Blogger Candy said...

What about escalators?


:)


What? I cant help it, puppy nibbles have made me crazy.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The quote is fantastic.

Knowing and having faith of the how wide, deep, high his love is...is sometimes/often so difficult to keep in mind.
Sundays at your place is always a good place for such reminders.

Hope your feeling better!

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, yea, and you remind me of another quote. I think it was Mark Twain, but don't quote me on that ;) -- "For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who don't, none is possible."

jess, getting on an escalator is inherently an act of faith :)

lawbrat, thank you, and I am doing much better :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The quote you wrote in response to squirl, I LOVE IT!

 
Blogger Nina said...

WOW and I mean WOW . . . I love the MLK quote. It is so true and describes Faith so well. :)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

"The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood." ~ The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.


Amos 5:24

 
Blogger Susie said...

lawbrat, that is one of my favorites, too, and one of the very few that I remember without having to go look it up. (Although I probably should look it up to see if it is, indeed Mark Twain.)

thank you, nina :)

chchchchia, I suppose it is :) Have you turned into one of us Steel Magnolias yet?

nikki, I have turned your comment every whichaway, and I realize that for me, I can't really separate the two. Can't have much of one without the other.

ssnick, I remember that verse from a speech, too. Very "moving," as it were ;)

 


Post a Comment

<< Home