header image

Monday, January 09, 2006

Real Quick, Enter!

UPDATE: Congratulations to the winners in the funny kid pix contest, from Anne-Marie at "A Mama's Rant":


Lori Jolliffe of "Noggin Bits" for the picture of her daughter IN the toilet



Honorable Mentions in No Particular Order go to:


Trish at “Look Busy…Jesus is Coming” for the rather mortifying picture of her son holding the tampon


Helene at “Adventures in Parenthood” for the picture of her daughter, the lingerie model


The Queen of Spain at “The Queen and her Royal Family” for having a talented husband who makes great photo montages


Tammy at “Tammy’s Random Thoughts” for the exhausted kid pictures


Ah, well. I can't really feel like a loser when I have a kid like this one, you know?



I just stumbled onto a contest for funny kid pix, at A Mama's Rant. You only have until midnight tonight to enter, so run back to your place and get your kid pix up -- your own, your grandchildren, nieces and nephews, all are OK; or even old pix of yourself! To get all the info, go here; and after you post, go back there and leave a comment, that's your official entry.

A paper towel incident

This one has been posted here before, but it's one of my favorites. When LG was about 18 months old, she came to me confessing this paper towel mischief. I used to say to her when some minor thing would go wrong around the house, "Uh-oh, now look . . . " and on this day, she recognized that the expression fit the occasion, so she told me, as though this thing just somehow happened, "Uh-oh, now wook."

22 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger eviluncledave said...

That's hilarious (and adorable). She looks sooo sad.

 
Blogger Nessa said...

dang it! There's no way I'll win with that shot in the competition! :)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Ahahahaha, she is sooooo a mini-me of her mama!

You win. No other pictures necessary.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

I love that picture. I hope you win!

 
Blogger Susie said...

eud, I guess it was pretty distressing to have all those paper towels just spontaeously go flying off the roll like that.

nessa, your little guy is definitely a contendah!

bucky, just what a demented auntie should say :)

squirl, truly, the contest is just an excuse to post a baby LG pic. My baby will be 10 next month. 10!!!! I can't stand it.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that picture! Those eyes, just so big.

Best wishes to you for winning...I dont think it will be difficult.

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Awe, so cute! She's saying, "Now you cannot be mad at me, Momma! I'm way to adorable."

Came here via the contest.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cats do the SAME THING to the paper towel roll! But they never confess...

 
Blogger MrsDoF said...

I thought that was a picture of you, and finally in color and we couldn't check the length of your dress.

Upon reading, I learn it is LG, so I must agree with Bucky and mention the mini-me/momma connection.
Did I just say I agree with Bucky?!
Do you think the sun will still come up in the morning?

 
Blogger Unknown said...

They have contests for kids’ pics and I have only grandkids! I’ll pass this on to my son.

 
Blogger Andrea said...

What Bucky and MrsDoF said! And if there are any doubters, they can just scroll down a few entries and see her mama at just a couple of years older, and their jaws will drop at the resemblence ;)

HOW did you refrain from laughing when she came to you like that?? Or is that why you took the picture...so you could restrain yourself now, look at the picture and laugh later? :)

 
Blogger Susie said...

lawbrat, thanks ;)

mcp, welcome, and thanks; I think you're right about what she was saying :)

kalki, yea, I hear cats are like that; they probably even "lawyer up."

mrsDoF, oh, do be careful; it's a slippery slope, once you start agreeing with Bucky ;)

momo, thank you; I'm biased, but I agree :)

ssnick, better hurry!

andrea, I think I did laugh, but I tried not to until I could snap the pouty face, because if I started laughing, she would :)

mrtl, you're a fine campaign manager ;) Of course I'm voting for her. She's simply the best. Better than all the rest . . .

 
Blogger eclectic said...

"Lawyer up"?? I'm not sure I want to know...

LG is THE funniest little sad face ever! How did you EVER resist scrunching those sweet velvet cheeks?

 
Blogger owlhaven said...

great pix! Mary

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I love that picture of little LG! :)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG...how scrumptious is that photo? Poor kid..did you just crack the hell UP when you saw her like that?

 
Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

Okay, fine. Tell us about the competition, then just go ahead and WIN IT, WHYDONCHA!

I've loved that picture since day 1.

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

What an adorable expression. Nice shot, Susie!

 
Blogger Lois Lane said...

All the photos were cute!
Happy birthday late.
You and your peepee and the European doc are in my prayers.
Lois Lane

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still love the picture of LG best, but it was great coming here and finding a funny child picture bonanza!
That was very nice of you to post the winner and honorable mentions.

 
Blogger eclectic said...

I agree with Lawbrat. And I'm still sending good thoughts your way.

 
Blogger Susie said...

eclectic, too many years of NYPD Blue and Law and Order; the moment I get in any trouble, I know to "lawyer up!" You and Mr. E. can do with that what you will ;)
I always scrunch the velvet cheeks.

mary, welcome, and thanx. I'll come and see you, too :)

ck, thank you :)

jim, yes, her serious little cheeky monkey face was way too funny.

crayoneater, why would I tell you about a contest that I didn't think I could kick your ass in? ;) Your girl is gorgeous and often very funny, too.

thanks, hoss! One of the few times I had a camera handy at just the right moment :)

loislane, thanks so much; I appreciate the wishes and the prayers.

lawbrat, I like looking at kid pix, too.

eclectic, thank you, keep 'em coming (I'm greedy like that)

 


Post a Comment

<< Home