header image

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

What About BoB?




Some of my very favorite blogfriends have been chosen as finalists in the Best of Blogs (BoB) Awards competition. Check them out, if you don't know them already (aw, come on, you know them!) and then go here and VOTE for them!

Who's Your Daddy?
William is your blog daddy; the blog-daddiest blog daddy of all blog daddies. Poop and Boogies is the daddy of all blogs. William is funny and optimistic, and his wife and kid are unbearably beautiful. That's probably why he blogs so much, because he just has to look away from them sometimes.

Soul Food
No, not talking about a cooking blog. Talking about Wave of Modulation, a site that can truly nourish your soul. I left a comment at the BoB site asking people who don't know Sheryl to go spend some time at her place. What a treat that is. I am not exaggerating when I say that because of Sheryl's photographs, and her words, I see the world differently. It's clearer and makes better promises. Wave of Modulation is a finalist for Best Art Blog (or Blog as Art, or Art/Photo/Poetry Blog, or some such, you'll find her, go look around).

Summer Lovin'
To my knowledge, the first person in blogworld to say that I was worth reading, and to send people to see me was Summer. Talk about humbling. Summer is a brilliant, eloquent, sensitive smartass. At This is Not a Ham Sandwich, she challenges, amuses and inspires. That's what she's a finalist in: Most Inspirational Blog. Vote Summer. (A P.S. about Summer. She's the only person I've heard bestow the superlative compliment "jane dandiest," and truly I think that phrase is hers alone; however, this one time, I will presume to borrow it, to apply back to its owner: Summer IS the jane dandiest.)

(As of about 7 a.m., the official ballot was not posted yet. You can (and I hope you do!) leave comments supporting your "candidates," but they won't count as votes. Keep checking back for the posting of the ballot to cast your official votes :)

Here's to you, friends. May you all win a Major Award.

12 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger WILLIAM said...

FRAGEELAY. (Fragile) Must be Italian.


Thanks for the plug. I do not know what to think of all this, but I appreciate it.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep checking the site to vote, but the voting thing isnt up yet. I did put names in the comments, and thought it was voting, until reading mrtl's site. I'll keep checking!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hopefully they'll win one of those beautiful lamps.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us updated with BoB. Can't wait to support my brothers and sisters in blogging.

Summer is truly amazing, but I have to say that post, while prolific, was not a fluke. She consistently wears her heart on her sleeve.

I've loved NAHS from the very first day I started reading only one post before the one you've linked to here.

We love you too Susie

 
Blogger Susie said...

william, ENJOY :)

lawbrat, yea, I guess they're later than they planned to be. I've never seen this thing before, so I don't know just how it works. I imagine they'll get a ballot up there soon.

jim, isn't that lovely? I want one.

hanni, yea, Summer is incredibly versatile. I cited that post because in looking at the nominations, the person who nominated her directed the judges to it. Truthfully, Summer didn't come to mind when I thought of inspirational bloggers. I think she's an outstanding, head-and-shoulders-above-the-crowd blogger, but her name didn't come to mind when I thought about that category; she defies categorization. However, now that I think in those terms, it IS a perfect descriptor for her; she absolutely is inspirational.
I am very excited to see people from this little "neighborhood" getting some recognition. Well-deserved. :)

 
Blogger Andrea said...

William beat me to the line I was going to use!

May the best bloggers win (which means, of course, these three, because they are the best by virtue of being in this particular blogging neighborhood ;) )

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

ahhhh, that reminds me! the Bloggies should be coming up soon!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

OK, Susie, now you have given me more blogs to read! At this rate I may never find a paying job!

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Hahaha, I was just having a discussion about the leg lamp Major Award at work today.

Congrats to William, Sheryl, and Summer! Y'all kick ass!

 
Blogger Kranki said...

If I knew a leg lamp was in the offing I might have blogged harder. Damn!

 
Blogger Susie said...

andrea, yea, gotta support our homies ;)

annejelynn, yep, I think those nominations were this week!

ssnick, any time spent at these three would be time well spent :)

bucky, I love the leg lamp :)

kranki, uhoh, don't give me any ideas (we could have our own . . .)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I like it.

Susie's Major Award.

It could be even more explosive than Pee Wee's Big Adventure!

 


Post a Comment

<< Home