header image

Sunday, November 20, 2005

squirl's tree
photo by my friend, Squirl

Sunday Post ~ "Friends ... they cherish one another's hopes. They are kind to one another's dreams." -- Henry David Thoreau


Romans 12:10,15

file under: &Sunday Post

20 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Squirl said...

Susie, what a lovely quote. Thoreau had some good ones. I don't throw the word friend around lightly. We have many acquaintances. We're very lucky when some of them become friends. I'm very, very proud to count you among those. Thank you.

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Very appropriate passage this week." brotherly love", "Practice Hospitality."

Have a good Sunday

 
Blogger Susie said...

Thanks, squirl! Same backatcha ;) And again, this red tree does my heart good. We finally got a little color here, but I saw nothing like what you all had.

william, yes! Oh, you read it! That makes me happy. The verses following are some of the most difficult, and to me and my theology, the most important, in the Christian life: v. 21: "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Happy Thanksgiving week, Ameoba. This, as always, was a lovely start to my week. Thanks!

 
Blogger eclectic said...

***ahem*** That's "Amoeba."

*blush*

 
Blogger Elizabeth said...

What a prett picture. How beautiful

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice passage. And the verse on evil that you put in the comments- quite appropriate.

And, what Squirl said. Ditto.

 
Blogger Susie said...

WILLIAM AND LAUREN (AND MAXFIELD) ARE EXPECTING A NEW BABY! GO WISH THEM SOME WISHES!

 
Blogger SassyFemme said...

There's no substitute for a good friend. My dearest is one that I've had for over 34 years, we met in Kindergarten!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

A breathtaking picture enhanced by admirable but for me at the moment bittersweet and challenging words.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

Really true friends are rare and to be cherished. Great quote!

 
Blogger Susie said...

sassyfemme, wow, since kindergarten. That's wonderful. My longest are since high school.

ssnick, well, Squirl's pix are always breathtaking. These scriptures are ALWAYS challenging, at least to me. Being friendly to those who behave like enemies is an unnatural thing to do. Whatever is going on, I hope you come out the other side of it soon.

kranki, so true. Oh, and I crushed Biscuit's head today in your (and Yoshi's) honor ;)

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Nice, Susie - I can't even think of anything smartass to say. See what you've done? ;)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...awesome pic...awesome quote!

 
Blogger Andrea said...

OH wow...that tree reminds me of one that used to sit on my old college campus when I was a student. So beautiful. They cut it down a few years ago for a new building :(

 
Blogger Random and Odd said...

Did you photoshop that sucker even more red?

 
Blogger Susie said...

bucky, uhohnowlook what I've done. I must find a way to remedy this situation. I shall not be known forever more in blogworld as the one who rendered BFE smartassless :(

momo, yep, that's it.

lilsis, nice pic, but I miss the chic! Thank you, and happy Thanksgiving to you :)

andrea, for shame! Who could cut down a tree like that?

kristine, I didn't do a thing; I don't think Squirl did, either. Flaming, isn't it?

 
Blogger Amy said...

Man, that Squirl can take a picture.

 
Blogger Annejelynn said...

I love love love red-leaved trees in the autumn

 


Post a Comment

<< Home