header image

Friday, June 24, 2005

Biscuit Friday ~ Happy Camper

Biscuit had the time of his life last weekend when the Girl Scouts camped here. I am sure he thought the whole thing was arranged just for him, to import playmates for him. He was with us outside all the time, except when we were cooking or eating. Then he was right here, nose glued to the screen.


You have to wait, boy. (At least he didn't come through it this time!)

When he was outside, everyone threw the ring for him, to his heart's content. For the first time in his life, he became tired of playing fetch, and voluntarily took a rest:


"Under the table"



Stuff Portrait Friday

I realized today that blogging is leading me down a slippery slope. I am succumbing to peer pressure; that has never been an issue for me before in my adult life. Today's first SPF item is "something I stole."

Problem is, usually, just as soon as I steal something, I take it right here:



I don't leave my stolen goods lying around the house! Have you seen what they do to therapists who get arrested in this state? They put them on TV in their undies, that's what they do. No, thanks. But anyhow, I wanted to play, so what could I do? I had to go out and steal something. But the only place I was going today was to the pool for LG's swim class.

So, here it is:


*I stole some glances, and a shot or two, of the instructor. Who is a MINOR. Not for me. For YOU PEOPLE. I fear that stealing may be the least of the crimes committed in this situation :0

Next on my list is "something I forgot to return." I procrastinated about returning this item, which was ordered from a catalog. When I finally did return it, the company sent it back to me, because it had been too long! Ebay, I guess:

It is a "wallpocket," which is a metal bucket, with a handle, flat on the back so that it hangs against the wall. Make me a freakin' offer!

And last, "a perfume:"


Lulu Guinness (oh, but I guess you knew that already ;)

Actually, this is a winter fragrance, too heavy for summer, but I like the packaging and decided to take a picture of it. Perfume and powder. Available at Nordstrom.


*OK, this is not LG's instructor. The real one was posted here, or at least part of him was, for about five hours, but then that felt too creepy. He's somebody's KID, for heaven's sake. That damned "Golden Rule" thing gets me every time! So I stole Hasselhoff instead. At least his mom won't hunt me down.

22 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Random and Odd said...

HAHAHAHHAHA!!! I thought for sure you stole sumthin' from the store!!!

oh wait,... FIRST FIRST FIRST!!!

I'm glad you played. You're totally adorable...and no, I don't want your wall pocket. I'm already in line for a ribbitting frog that spits out soap!!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm . . . I like the swim instructor. If he weren't a minor, and I weren't married, and we didn't live in different states, and I weren't at least twice his age, and he liked the geeky girls like me . . . wow, the times we'd have.

The perfume packaging is cool. And LG, how appropriate.

 
Blogger Kranki said...

That is some swim instructor. Do you find yourself spending FAR too much time at the pool? I know I would. Minor or not-no crime in looking. Or is there?

 
Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

I so wish I had chosen some eye candy for my SPD. Oh, nice, very nice.

I bid $2.

 
Blogger RedPita said...

oh my now isn't he cute.. i mean.. too young. prob. my brothers age. yikes.

your perfume is just darling. i would have to take it outjust to stare at the packaging :)

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

My goodness, the swim instructor hasn't even haired over yet! Maybe he's metrosexual and shaves?

I like the wallpocket, but I'm saving for that Nikon! You should plant some flowers in it.

 
Blogger amarkonmywall said...

Susie- what were you thinking, exactly, with the wall sconce thingie?
I would put a very low reserve on that one.

The swim instructor- you live here in the midwest? How close?

 
Blogger amarkonmywall said...

oh- my mistake- mid ATLANTIC. That's too far for eye candy.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for stealing the picture.
He looks just like DoF did back in his day. Sometimes, when I squint my eyes just right, I can still see the youngster living in there.

Biscuit is too cute, there under the swingset.

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Love the Biscuit pics. One happy VBD. Um, kinda liked the shots of the little boy swim instructor, too. How long before he's not a minor anymore? I'm just askin' for a friend.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

See? Squirl has "friends" too!

But when you say they played ringtoss, all I can think about is the Coneheads...

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I'd take the wall pocket if they hadn't spelled Amerika wrong.

 
Blogger ToadyJoe said...

Much appreciation for the stolen beefcake!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Very clever, Susie! BTW: Thanks for the shirtless guy. You know how to make a girls day.

 
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Actually, I hear Hasselhoff's mom is quite smothering and overprotective.
Just so you know.

(yes, my Friday nights are as exciting as yours!)

 
Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

Nuh uh, you didn't! Ew, Susie! Here I am on record calling Hasselfluff eye candy. I'm so ashamed!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so freakin' funny, Susie.

I love that you have such a conscience. And a good heart. And booty flies...or so I've heard.

 
Blogger Susie said...

AN ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! FOR THE RECORD: LG's actual swim instructor, or his torso area, was posted here until about 7:30 p.m. So anyone complimenting, drooling over, trying to purchase, or otherwise expressing appreciation for the stolen male, is referring to that young man. I chose to replace him with another lifeguard who is of legal age for such women to compliment, drool over and try to purchase. Sheesh!

kristine, that frog sounds very impressive!

sharkey, see announcement, above.

kranki, there may have been crime involved here; see announcement.

crayoneater, announcement!

ritapita, may I refer you to the announcement . . . yes, thanks, I do like pretty perfume bottles :)

sierrabella, actually, your comment pushed me over the edge with the boy toy; made me think, he's just a BOY, and the Internet as a Hole is lusting after him, because I STOLE him and posted him .... I can't take the pressure . . . the wallpocket has to go, somehow, somewhere.

vicki, welcome! And see the announcement! The pocket -- a long, and not particularly amusing story, my dear . . .

mrsDoF, announcement above. Biscuit was a very happy pup that day.

squirl, tell your friend that boy's got a good year, maybe 2, left in high school! See announcement!

Bucky, for ONCE, my mind is dirtier than yours. I think of college, Krispy Kreme donuts and um other things when I think of ring toss :0

hoss, God bliss Amerika.

toady joe, welcome! See announcement.

laurenbove, may I refer you to the announcement . . .

bucky, bitch sent me an email already!

crayoneater, ANNOUNCEMENT! And of what are you ashamed, young lady, trying to BUY a teenage swimmer, or David Hasselhoff?!

ladybug, some days, blogworld is no place for a girl like me ;)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hasselhoff...ha! They love him in France...or is that Jerry Lewis?

 
Blogger WILLIAM said...

I think the Hasselhoff picture is funny. It looks like...his ...umm...nether regions...are using the binoculars.

 
Blogger Susie said...

LB, they probably love both in France. I mean, OF FRANCE!!!! Don't get too much opportunity to use that, thought I'd throw one in here ;)

william, I would never have said anything, on accounta I'm not like that, but truth be told, I thought the same thing, and chuckled a little bit. Wonder what they're lookin' at . . . ;)

 
Blogger The Q said...

I'm sorry I missed the Young Eye Candy as I was THOROUGHLY confused by the Hasslehoff picture at first.

I would take the wall pocket thing as I'm losing (YEAH!) a frog that spits soap to Kristine, but honestly, I don't think I have a use for it.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home