header image

Monday, April 04, 2005

Song Meme -- Or Not

I'm back home, and I want to write a bit about my travels. While I'm unpacking and seeing which pictures I can actually show to decent folk, and which stories I can actually tell without getting anyone arrested/disbarred/excommunicated/divorced/suspended/pissed-at-me, here's a little something you might want to play with. I picked this up at Plum's place a while back, and since it was "all Aaron, all the time" here last week, I thought I'd whip it out as a grand finale to the Nevilleness. (Plus, it's fun to say, "whip it out.") It's sort of a "meme," I think, but I'm a techno-dunce, so what do I know?

Copy it and post your own. You know, if you want.

Step 1) Pick a band or singer
Step 2) Answer the following questions about yourself, using only song titles from that band or singer
Step 3) Post

Band/Singer of choice: Aaron Neville

Are you male or female? "Sister Rosa"
Describe yourself: "Betcha by Golly, Wow"
How do some people feel about you? "You Never Can Tell"
How do you feel about yourself? "Try (a Little Harder)"
Describe your worst ex: "Ain't No Way"
Describe your current significant other: "Don't Take Away My Heaven"
Describe what you want to be: "Bridge Over Troubled Water"
Describe your current mood: "Down into Muddy Water"
Describe your friends: "These Foolish Things"
Share a few words of wisdom: "Show Some Emotion"

There you go. And I'll give Aaron a rest now, I promise;)

Back in a bit to give the highlights and lowlights of my little trip.

14 heads are better than one . . .

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Band/Singer of choice: Joe Walsh (James Gang)

Are you male or female? "Lost Woman"
Describe yourself: "Dreamin' in the Country"
How do some people feel about you? "Life of Illusion"
How do you feel about yourself? "There I Go Again"
Describe your worst ex: "Walk Away"
Describe your current significant other: "All Night Long"
Describe what you want to be: "Things I Could Be"
Describe your current mood: "Funk 49"
Describe your friends: "Theme from Boat Weirdos"
Share a few words of wisdom: "Life's Been Good"

 
Blogger Susie said...

stringmuse, you Lost Woman, you. I must tell you that your description of your current significant other will make you the envy of many of the women (and at least one of the men -- hey, greenie!) who visit here. Life's Been Good reminds me of an old story I can blog about ... thanks!

hey, mrtl, my damn trip was not a bit relaxing, but it was a tiny bit fun; I'm having a tough time getting the fun to come out my fingers so y'all can read it, but hopefully soon:)

 
Blogger Joseph said...

Welcome Home Susie!!!! I've missed you. Glad your back safe and sound.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missed the wedding.

Band/Singer of choice: Steppenwolf

Are you male or female? "Hey Lawdy Mama"
Describe yourself: "Born to Be Wild"
How do some people feel about you? "Renegade"
How do you feel about yourself? "Straight Shootin’ Woman"
Describe your worst ex: "Monster"
Describe your current significant other: "Who Needs Ya"
Describe what you want to be: on a "Magic Carpet Ride"
Describe your current mood: "Live Your Life"
Describe your friends: "Twisted"
Share a few words of wisdom: "It’s Never Too Late"

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Susie! We missed you!

I don't have time for the meme right now, but here's a musical "welcome back" for ya:


Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out.
Welcome back to that same old place that you laughed about.
Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they’re turned around.

Who’d have thought they’d lead ya (Who’d have thought they’d lead ya)
Back here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease you a lot cause we’ve got you on the spot,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I missed you too. Thats alot of conditions on what you can post. Hmmm...I wonder if we'll hear about anything? :-)

lawbrat

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Hey Susie, welcome back!

My meme response is on my blog (does this tag work in comments?)

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Woohoo, it does! Oh duh, it does say that right above the comment box...

 
Blogger Ern said...

You and greenie both, huh? I guess if I have time to do this later I'll have to come back and post it on both of your blogs!

Welcome back!

 
Blogger Susie said...

ladybug, you are really a good singer. BTW, The Pope died while we were away, honey.

lawbrat, hey! I must confess, I made a GRAVE error when I told some friends and family about this blog. It severely limits the stories one can tell...

andrea, thanks for the welcome. And quit showin' off your techno-skillz in my comment box;)!!!!

ern, I saw what you're up to today; a song meme would be the perfect waste, er, use of your time;)

 
Blogger SierraBella said...

Band of choice: The Eagles (the rest of my CDs are out in the car)
M/F? "Witchy Woman"
Describe yourself: "Desperado"
How do some people feel about you? "Already Gone"
How do you feel about yourself? "Peaceful, Easy Feeling"
Describe your worst ex: "Lyin' Eyes"
Describe your current S.O.: "Best Of My Love"
Describe what you want to be: "Witchy Woman"
Describe your current mood: "Take It To The Limit"
Describe your friends: "Tequila Sunrise"
Share a few words of wisdom: "Take It Easy"

Welcome Back!

 
Blogger Susie said...

thank you, sierrabella, and I had forgotten how much I used to love the Eagles. Wo ho ho ho, sweet darlin', you get the best of my love...

 
Blogger Ern said...

Band/Singer of choice: Simon and Garfunkel

Are you male or female? "April Come She Will"
Describe yourself: "I Am A Rock"
How do some people feel about you? "A Simple Desultory Philippic"
How do you feel about yourself? "Blessed"
Describe your worst ex: "Fakin' It"
Describe your current significant other: "We've Got A Groovy Thing Goin'"
Describe what you want to be: "Flowers Never Bend With the Rainfall"
Describe your current mood: "Cloudy"
Describe your friends: "Old Friends"
Share a few words of wisdom: "Keep the Customer Satisfied"

 
Anonymous Mastitis said...

That was a VERY interesting one! Seriously interesting.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home