header image

Sunday, January 01, 2006

hope

New Year's Sunday Post ~ "A strong mind always hopes, and has always cause to hope." -- Thomas Carlyle


Romans 15:13

file under: &Sunday Post

16 heads are better than one . . .

Blogger Andrea said...

FIRST! Heehee...

This is one for Kristine! Hope she makes it over here. Pretty ornaments you've got, BTW!

Happy New Year, Susie!

 
Blogger Candy said...

Can I hope for lots of naps this week and a quiet house?

Because that is my new years resolution, to make everyone else be quiet and let me nap.


I think Im going to be dissapointed.


Happy new year

 
Blogger Squirl said...

That is a wonderful message for the new year. Thank you, Susie.

 
Blogger Nina said...

May we always have hope . . . it is such a big part of our lives. Without it we have nothing.
Happy, Happy 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! In Hope of a wonderful New Year!

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I just went back and read the "why lying is bad" post. Classic.

 
Blogger Random and Odd said...

That is beautiful! THANK YOU for sharing that today!!

Last year was total year of 'hope' for me.
This year...I'm going to get back to 'faith'.
I'm going to make my life right in lots of ways...mind, body & soul.

HOPE!! yay!!

 
Blogger MrsDoF said...

You have the most pretty Christmas ornaments. Ours tend to be too much of the cutesie kids stuff that I simply cannot part with.
Plus, iffen I had such a pretty glass one like that angel on your other post, my cat Oscar would see a big reason to be messing with the tree.

Happy New Year! for the Fairchilds and all who come here for your fine hospitality....

 
Blogger Susie said...

andrea, thanks, and same back to you :)

jessicarabbit, DUCT. TAPE.

squirl, you're welcome! You still doing impersonations this morning?

shoshie, yep, I don't really think we can get by without it. I hope you have a fabulous year, too.

mrtl, thank you, my friend ;)

nina, that's it. Sometimes it's one of the few things we have, and we must hang on to it.

Happy New Year to you, too, momo!

lawbrat, I think this is going to be a GREAT year for you, I truly do :)

hoss, I'm glad you re-read that; don't want to have to bail you out of jail in the new year ;)

kristine, faith, hope and love aplenty to you, in the New Year :)

mrdDoF, thank you; I must say, though, that the angel is not on the tree, but on a shelf now. I'd be a little leery of putting her on the tree. Your comment means a lot to me. Hospitality is important to me, and illness and other things have prevented us from practicing much of it in realworld this holiday season. It makes me feel better to think that I have been hospitable in blogworld, at least :)

 
Blogger Squirl said...

Susie, you're always hospitable here.

And I haven't been doing the imitations, but I could do some more if you like. :-)

 
Blogger Unknown said...

1 Peter 1:3 (NRSV)

 
Blogger Susie said...

squirl, heh, maybe we'll have to ask for an audiopost of those impersonations :)

ssnick, Amen! :)

chchchchia, All the best to you, too. I hope all matters of the heart (and other parts) work out very well in the New Year :)

 
Blogger eclectic said...

Awww, I'm late for the party again. Darnit! But the decorations are beautiful, the crowd is wonderful, and the food is great! Thanks for the invitation, and the assignment. I shall.

 
Blogger Amy said...

Hope-y New Year, Susie!

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent, Susie!

Now, where can I get a strong mind? ;)

 
Blogger Kranki said...

I like this ornament very much.

 


Post a Comment

<< Home